What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Preserving the Oldtimes

exoticrobotic

I bought these seeds nearly 15 years ago from the well known gardener and exceptional breeder Oldtimer1 🙏

Some background... :):joint:

ES is a cross between some Nigerian brought back from Africa and an early version of skunk No.1 sent from California, described as often causing a complete white out, like a roller coaster ride.

Words from Oldtimer1

"Oldtimes is slightly more complex than has been quoted, I had been intending to make a line that replaces es or approaches her effects and potency. I used males from esb cold store beans and backcross them to their aged mother. The result were very variable, I was not happy, I crossed the best fem to a separate line of bb, the best males were then back crossed to the mother, the male that produced the best results has produce oldtimes."

Let's get to it!

:joint::tiphat:

exoticrobotic

10 seeds had a brief dip. 7 seeds popped and we now have 6 Oldtimes plants.

In fact, we have 3 males and 3 females. Poifect :D

Here are the 3 males in their glory

IMG_2864.jpg

The left male has already shed some pollen, the other two are close behind.

The females, whilst naturally wanting to grow columnarly, have been topped and tied down in an effort to create an even canopy.

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

We have 4 females in the tent.

3 Oldtimes and 1 Ot1 Smile x

💚

exoticrobotic

Fantastic mate!!
Some of the most memorable stuff I ever smoked was lot 5 from him.

I’m thinking of popping ESB from fluer du mal next run.

Best of luck with these, I’ll definitely be following along.

i never had the pleasure of trying his lot5 evo or little hands I really regret not buying them at the time but I was being strict on myself after spending huuge on the Seedbay auctions and buying Ot1's Oldtimes and Smile. I did grow a few of his Smile which was a very nice smoke. A grinning herbal charlie i was :cool:

What was the lot5 like?

I'm very much looking forward to the Oldtimes. I have his Oldtimes bx release too.

Roll on the rollercoaster 🎢🤪

GreenestBasterd

i never had the pleasure of trying his lot5 evo or little hands I really regret not buying them at the time but I was being strict on myself after spending huuge on the Seedbay auctions and buying Ot1's Oldtimes and Smile. I did grow a few of his Smile which was a very nice smoke. A grinning herbal charlie i was :cool:

What was the lot5 like?

I'm very much looking forward to the Oldtimes. I have his Oldtimes bx release too.

Roll on the rollercoaster 🎢🤪
Amazingly strong high, without any of those heavy stoned unsociable traits that are quite common these days, and a lovely taste. Proper oldschool in every way!

The last I saw of it was probably over 10 years ago or more as I moved abroad.

The only person I know who had the cut was a very old salmon fisherman friend of my dads and unfortunately, he’d gone into a home last time I asked, so it’s more than likely gone.

exoticrobotic

I grew Oldtimes for many years. Wonderful smoke and was everybody's favourite. Friends in the U.K. still talk about it.
I was given a bud from some pre release Oldtimes at a cannabis expo and it had several seeds in it. I had a pheno that was ready in 7.5 weeks!.

I would love to grow her again.

Lucky you getting to smoke some prerelease Oldtimes.

exoticrobotic

I've spent the last 4 days carefully collecting pollen :geek:

The pollen sacs on the far left male were opening quick and fast so easy to collect.

The pollen on the other two males were not so quick or fast.

I could stand the allergic onslaught no longer trying to tickle each pod over a testube so bought some large wax paper bags, bent the tops over very carefully so they didnt snap and tied the bags over the tops.

:thinking:Shaking them twice a day and collecting the pollen in a bag would be way easier :thinking:

Last night i untied the bags and indeed there was quite a bit of pollen so i carefully carded it all to the side and collected most of it, unfortunately there was a large crease in the wax bags and my card snagged puffing clouds of pollen into the air.

This was repeated three times including the snags :D

I now have a little bit of Oldtimes pollen 😍😁

As i am in desperate need of plenty to smoke i labelled only one branch per plant to pollinate.

IMG_2877.jpg

The oscillating fan was turned off and these branches were brushed with the collected pollen.

The fans will be left off tonight so it doesn't pollinate the whole room so i raised the lights a fair bit.

The plants are coming along nicely for only four days since i bent them over.

I dunno how long flowering they are at at all but here is a group shot. The upper right is the Smile x, the other three are Oldtimes :)

IMG_2876.jpg

Here is a closeup overhead view 📠

IMG_2879.jpg

:joint::rasta::joint:

:love::love::love:

:ying::ying::ying:

exoticrobotic

Cheers @negative37dBA

I used to be on that site 😍 and miss his informative posts too :(

I'm looking forward to having something different of his to smoke. I very much liked the smile when i grew it years ago.

When i was bending the tops over to train the Oldtimes one snapped and it smokes already quite strong and cut through the Romulan i've been smoking.

Must have some other stuff in it i'm not so used to.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Cheers @negative37dBA

I used to be on that site 😍 and miss his informative posts too :(

I'm looking forward to having something different of his to smoke. I very much liked the smile when i grew it years ago.

When i was bending the tops over to train the Oldtimes one snapped and it smokes already quite strong and cut through the Romulan i've been smoking.

Must have some other stuff in it i'm not so used to.
I was there too, back in my indoor days.

I thought I recognised your name. I was Drfill.

exoticrobotic

The Oldtimes are coming along nicely and developing the smell of old school African grass.

It's a hard smell to describe but after careful consideration i'd say it's a subtle combination of mint, coconut and that sweet smell of haylage with the mint persisting throughout.

There is also a smell of citrus and dark berry background smells on others :love:

The pollen has taken well on the plant below as you can see from the brown pistils

Oldtimes
IMG_2881.jpg

but on some of the other plants the pistils are still white meaning no pollination occurred.

So all branches received another dusting of pollen :D

Smile x
IMG_2882.jpg

Last edited: