M

Mullum

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
laughing.gif
[/FONT]

Last edited:

idiit

Veteran
was doing an advanced search on rushman since I've got a couple of his panama red's close to being ready to transplant outdoors.

Originally Posted by Bluebeard
Hopefully, reeferman wasn't working with the rushman panama red line, which Rushman later admitted to it being a skunk 1 x lowland colombian red cross when he was asked. This line has unfortunately spread all over the community and still very few know the story behind it.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1888187&highlight=rushman#post1888187

[QUOTEAlthough, Panamanian landraces are a different story altogether, the Panama Red imports smuggled into the US during the 1970's also display several hallmarks of American entrepreneurs. Firstly, it appeared fairly suddenly on the market. Secondly, reports of those who grew the seeds found them to be practically indistinguishable from colombian red][/QUOTE]

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20030&highlight=rushman&page=3

ThaiBliss

Veteran
was doing an advanced search on rushman since I've got a couple of his panama red's close to being ready to transplant outdoors.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1888187&highlight=rushman#post1888187

[QUOTEAlthough, Panamanian landraces are a different story altogether, the Panama Red imports smuggled into the US during the 1970's also display several hallmarks of American entrepreneurs. Firstly, it appeared fairly suddenly on the market. Secondly, reports of those who grew the seeds found them to be practically indistinguishable from colombian red]

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20030&highlight=rushman&page=3[/quote]

In my opinion, this is not particularly shocking. I had heard, and I apologize for not remembering where and yet spreading it around anyway, that Panama Red from back in the 70s was actually grown in Costa Rica. But then again, it could have been knock offs after the fact, just like today.

Wild speculation and rumor mongering,

ThaiBliss

C

charlie garcia

As some oldtimers talk about Panama Red, always read about its particular shape and yield but also for being trippy/stony...
couldnt have been orginated maybe from an Afghani/Colombian cross?
4 different local lines grown in the past here showed each different shapes and traits, but much more thin sativa.
best
kaiki

Attachments

• Panama DSCN7504_Pan.jpg
    Panama DSCN7504_Pan.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 21

cureious

Hello GG and Charlie,

I am a long time lurker here, and only once in a great while do I log on or post in my attempt to keep my security. I first enjoyed Panama Red in the Spring of 78, and it disappeared at the end of that summer.

I remember the smell, taste(sweet, heavily composted soil flavor with resin so thick it blackened the joint tip and your fingers), and high of it. I am on a mission to become reunited with it, or something that very very closely resembles it.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles with the industry, however you are now peeps I look up to for your efforts and diligence.

Please, can you share with us your smoke reports? What does the weed smell like in the jar, smell and taste on inhale and exhale along with after flavor that lingers. I remember the smoke being so thick coming off the joint, and greenish in color.

I know it exists somewhere in hiding, most likely secret, but I hope to eventually obtain what was called Panama Red in 78, and hope to keep it alive for personal use only among friends and FREE !

mexicani-ar

Very nice thread , here's a picture of my Acapulco Gold male

Attachments

• 20160510_013214.jpg
    20160510_013214.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 12

mexicani-ar

old magazine article

old magazine article

Some great info in this article, saludos mexicani-ar

Attachments

• 20160512_124529.jpg
    20160512_124529.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20160512_124823.jpg
    20160512_124823.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20160512_125043.jpg
    20160512_125043.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 13

Huesos

Here is the Panama Red (post #182). I'm pretty sure this is origin from Rushman PR. That's the one you want bro.

Nonetheless, here is the works I did with an anomaly of Hmong Thai that I call Mother of Pearl. She was a short flower sativa phenom that carried the Thai Stick potent high. I started with a cross to to Ogers Kush, then I introduced her to Ogers Kush and Molokai Citrus Kush.

This one female was just amazing. She carried the poddies full of sativa resin. The others were OG and MCK dominant.

note: if you look closely, you will note the poddies carried over in a few plants in tis works.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 23

Digger102

Here is the Panama Red (post #182). I'm pretty sure this is origin from Rushman PR. That's the one you want bro.

Nonetheless, here is the works I did with an anomaly of Hmong Thai that I call Mother of Pearl. She was a short flower sativa phenom that carried the Thai Stick potent high. I started with a cross to to Ogers Kush, then I introduced her to Ogers Kush and Molokai Citrus Kush.

This one female was just amazing. She carried the poddies full of sativa resin. The others were OG and MCK dominant.

note: if you look closely, you will note the poddies carried over in a few plants in tis works.

Thank you!!

Latest posts

Latest posts