What's new

Pre 98 Bubba Kush

TonyGreenHand

Date: 15 June, 2012
Time: 10:00 am PST
Strain: Pre 98' Bubba Kush

Physical Examination
Pre98BubbaKush.jpg

Visual Appeal: (visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing- excellent)
Visible Trichromes: (visible trichrome content from 1-10 none- totally covered)
Colors present in the buds: ( on a scale from 1- 10 light-dark)
Green: 3 Burgundy: 5 Orange: 7 Purple: 9
Bud density: (Bud density on a scale from 1-10 airy- dense)
Aroma Description: (on a scale from 1-10 upon freshly broken bud where 1 indicates subtle presence and 10 indicates pronounced presence )
First: Coffee: 5 Nutmeg: 3 Walnuts: 3 Then: Sweet: 3 Earth: 2
Aroma: (Aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful)
Overall Appeal: ( from 1-100 where 1 is horrible and 100 is majestic)
Additional comments:
This Pre 98 Bubba Kush has never looked appealing to me, the nuggets are very small and this sample had a bit of leaf on it and the colors remind me of lower grade outdoor bud from when I was a kid. I know this is not the case with these nuggets because the trichromes glimmer in the shade making me excited to give this sample a try. Pointy frosty calyxes with receded dark hairs, almost non existent. The smell reminded me a lot of nut latte or coffee with cream. There is a very subtle and unfamiliar sweetness at the end of each inhale of this bud that I have smelled in other strains (Mazar comes to mind) I wonder if this is the "kush" smell I often hear referenced.

Smoke Test

Utensils: 8" steamroller

Taste Description: (use numbers from 1-10 that apply to the taste where 1 is a subtle presence and 10 is a pronounced presence)
Sweet: 4 Earth: 2 Coffee: 1
Taste: (impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant- scrumptious)
State of Dryness: (1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal)
Harshness: (1-10 smooth-harsh)
Smoke expansion: (smoke expansion in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explosive)
Smoke test comments:
This bud was very dry, and showed signs of being cured for some time. There was an awesome crack to the bud when broken with tric. heads flying everywhere. The taste of these buds was like over sweetened, over creamed coffee. Very unique and complex terpenes at work here. The sample was very smooth and had a gripping expansion that would catch you if you under estimated it.

Follow up questions

Dosage: .3 grams

Effect Onset: ~ 5 minutes & ~20 minutes to full effect

Potency: (from 1-10 none-devastating)
Effect length:
~ 3 hours
Usability (from 1-10 where 1indicates the worst time of the day to consume this strain and 10 represents the ideal time of day)
Morning/wake up: 7 day/work: 7 Evening/relax: 8 Night/sleep: 6

Effect (what effect did the strain have write P if it had a POSITIVE effect and N if if had a NEGATIVE effect)
N :Ability to rest or sit still
- :Anxiety relief
P :Appetite
P :Audio Perception
- :Humor Perception
- :Imagination/creativity
- :Memory
- :Mood
- :pain relief
P :paranoia relief
P :Sex drive
- :Sleep
N :Speech Process
P :Taste Perception
N :Thought process
N :Visual perception

Overall rating from 1-100:
Final Comment:
The Pre 98' Bubba Kush has a very gradual effect onset, a crushing high and an equally gradual come down. This was a primo stone, It was hard to focus but not impossible I managed to build a greenhouse while high. My vision was off, and every drink of my cold soda ignited my throat with flavor. I wasn't effected physically much beyond my immediate senses. The high lasted for about 3 hours ending in a hawaiian roll turkey sandwich, which if I had it my way would be the way every high ends.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
not a bad review,, basically how i would rate it,, id give the taste more than 5 though,, was maybe flushed a little too much or over dryed :dunno:

a brilliant affie :rasta:

TonyGreenHand

The taste on this sample was just too sweet and missing the coffee flavors. I would normally rate higher as well, I feel that the long cure has something to do with how the taste developed. I have always liked bubba almost right off the branch instead of cured to perfection, but hey ITS STILL BUBBA KUSH so I'm not complaining :smoke:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the good review. I am surprised you could not sit still on this, would have thought the opposite. Have not smoked this yet but am finishing a grow of it and was hoping for a 'stationary' buzz.

TonyGreenHand

yesum - IMO the Pre 98 Bubba Kush is not too stationary, I would call it relaxing.. but not stationary. The Katsu cut of Bubba Kush is more stationary and the effects are near immediate I would suggest finding that cutting if you're looking for a stand still kush.

The high on the Pre 98 is like a cake, a lot of layers and they are all tasty.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
yesum - IMO the Pre 98 Bubba Kush is not too stationary, I would call it relaxing.. but not stationary. The Katsu cut of Bubba Kush is more stationary and the effects are near immediate I would suggest finding that cutting if you're looking for a stand still kush.

The high on the Pre 98 is like a cake, a lot of layers and they are all tasty.

:yeahthats

k+

P

Puddin'tane

yup nice report allright..almost feels like I can read that license plate too..:joint:

gOurd^jr.

yea for real bro, might wanna do a little editing before you post pics....
Thanks for the great write-up though. I think the cut I have is pre-98, and overcreamed coffee pretty much nails it. I find the stone on mine to be perfect for chilling stationary, but I usually let it go long. Like 9-10wks.

TonyGreenHand

I took those pictures down but I was wondering, why does it even matter that there was a license plate in those pictures? What could they possibly do with a license plate in a nugget shot?

Thanks for giving a report, I enjoy reading these the most. You mentioned having experience with the katsu cut, have you also tried peyote purple? There are plenty of impressions of that around but I don't recall of any that have extensive experience with all three.

R

Raw_Dog

Sounds like it wasn't grown properly. Pre98 has a beautiful appearance, excellent taste. The taste is what makes it unique. It can take warm or cold temps so it pretty hard to mess up. Did you grow this or was it sold to you? The smoke report should be given with a sample of at least .8grams, I would normally suggest 1gram.

The smoke is thick, cocoa, chocolate or coffee taste. It should be given at least a seven in the taste category.

TonyGreenHand

I donated for it from the grower. It was grown under t5's.

Obviously I smoked more then .3 overall, But per bowl the weight was .3 grams. Which would be the dosage weight. Overall I think I smoked about 3.5 grams. Hope that eases your mind a little on that situation..lol

I don't know what to say about your taste comment but rest assured if it deserved a 7 I would have slapped a 7 on that bad boy.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
IMO that 98 bubba ain't done right... U def need a sample outta my jar .... 98 bubba dialed in is very very very hard to beat for a indica lover... Def sounds 100% legit cut... And great smoke report....

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
decent write up but gata agree with stoney917, RawDog and gOurd on this...I run the p98 and the descript is close but yea sounds like its missing a element..but I've run her a few ways and back and it def will display diff expressions easy enough and mainly from its diet...
When its best for me its like a Pine Cone looking bud..Very Ball/PineCone Kush looking in bud form and encrusted with resins..
When I look down into a bud it looks like a diamond pattern that builds from the bottom to the top of each bud...very old world Kush look...I can show this is wanted..
When I tried a lower feeding plan it came out a bit washy....Effect/smell/taste similar to the report...When I was to heavy it had more flavor but as said the longer you run her the more "couch power" she can put on..
When it was fed well and taken to 10wks it gets such a rich pallet to it you will fall in love..Theres no way it won't stand out when dialed as it is a very strong momma..
I get smells/flavs like coffee/choco/mint-spicy-earthy-incense...A real strong coffee tone out of a Jar is a good sign for good Bubba...But it really does loose allot if taken to early and not given its needed diet..
FOE20

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its that incense like flavor you get with the bubba thats just the icing on the cake. cant quite place it... almost like vetiver or patchouli...

exhale the smoke through your nose and you get it quite strongly right in the front of your sinuses.

wish i could place what it was exactly but whatever it is, its divine!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
The fact it was flowered under floros was the first clue it was prob grower who needs to step there game up...
.... Foe sounds like he knows his bubba and vg I can't find the words either but couldn't agree with ya more

TonyGreenHand

Well there you have it, under these conditions it turns out this way. Now everyone has a clear reference point. That's pretty much what I wanted when I posted this review so good deal.

I'm so looking forward to try this strain :D

3 weeks until the first harwest.!

Will harwest half at 5-10% amber trichromes, and then give the rest a week or two more to get the hardcore indica effect.!