What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre-98 Bubba Kush x (Katsu x Bubba) Test grow

I feel obliged to re-iterate that 10/10 germed, I just let them stretch too long when they were in the root Riot cubes so I don't believe that they damped off per say...that is because I transfered them to solos and put them in deep and under a good amount of light and they continued to stretch so I believe that by allowing them to stretch so early and then basically shocking them with a huge amount of light it made it easier for the root system, but there was such a little system in place that it gave them a bacteria or rot or fungus or virus of some kind lol. Anyway, that makes these 3 extra special to me, because they have already survived quite a good bit of stress and have rebounded ExTREMELY well.

I had them under a lot of LED and they had really tight node spacing but I have them in a taller space with less wattage and they are stretching oh so nicely in a sort of natural way...I have 2 CFLs-1 the smaller size in 5000k and one medium size one in 2700k and 1 LED CFl style bulb in 5000k. I should be getting my test veg light from a company here soon though, so they will explode even more
IN growth!

The LED I had them under is a tester light from RaysAceLED Lighting systems, 2x200w 3w that's pushing 850~ uMOle at 12" and is burning some of my larger plants fans at 14" lol...so that's what they will be flowering under and that should be here in 2? Weeks maybe? Depending on how they respond to the topping I am about to give them

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those three look good, here's hoping you get a girl or two amongst them.

i'll be interested to see how well they respond to topping.

VG

Here they are almost all recovered from the topping. One of them is very vigerous but of course that will probably be a male...going in flower soon I think, I want them to get some vertical height going a bit so going to put them in a cab with CFLs up high to help them stretch

I had thrown them in flower than night. This is end week 1. 2 already showings, 1 female, 1 male, and the other idk yet. I'm glad I got a female though! Hey VG, how do you feel about f2 making or pollen chucking with your stuff? Just curious honestly becuase I don't even know anything about these yet but I like to go over all the details

2 females and 1 male! This is the male...he's stinkier than his sisters. Verdant, do you want/care about eventual f2s? Do you care if I breed it eventually to some other Bubba crosses that I have run/am running now? If you would like to OM me abit it

jawnroot

Looking good. I've grown the clone only I got from a reputable club (check my sig for pics). Yours def show similarities in grow structure. I went too light on nutes early in flower and it still turned out great. Bubba is one of my all time faves.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good vitgreen! great that you got two girls out of the three. i am happy for you to make a few f2's for yourself and do some crosses etc... i just ask that you grow these tester plants out as mainly sensi so we can see what they are about. if you want to dust a couple of lower buds wih pollen then fine, but ideally i would prefer you to do pollination with separate cuttings - so we can see the results of the test grow. making seeds tends to sap quite a bit of growth and yield from the plants.

cheers

VG

Looking good. I've grown the clone only I got from a reputable club (check my sig for pics). Yours def show similarities in grow structure. I went too light on nutes early in flower and it still turned out great. Bubba is one of my all time faves.

Yeah I'm excited! I have never had true bubba and have heard great things! Yeah I had been feeding at 500~ ppm but this last feed I gave them 882 ppm. They seem to be handling it well, I just don't like to push too hard on testers!

looking good vitgreen! great that you got two girls out of the three. i am happy for you to make a few f2's for yourself and do some crosses etc... i just ask that you grow these tester plants out as mainly sensi so we can see what they are about. if you want to dust a couple of lower buds wih pollen then fine, but ideally i would prefer you to do pollination with separate cuttings - so we can see the results of the test grow. making seeds tends to sap quite a bit of growth and yield from the plants.

cheers

VG

Awesome! And yes, that was my exactl line of thinking as well! I cut some clones of the male and will just hold on to them till I run these girls again, I am going to cut some lower branches for clones tonight!

Here we go, pistols starting to come in, I let them get a little hungrier than I wanted-feeding 862 ppm 6.0 ph

Edit, the one on the right is STANKY, like a smell I have never smelled before, the left is a little more muted smelling but more of a light perfume? Flowery scent

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good, interested to hear how the stanky one develops, looks more pre-98 dominant

the other perhaps more katsu, but early days yet

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
cool project!

hopefully the cross adds a bit of vigor to the pre-98 which I've heard is slow to veg.

I miss good bubba smoke! it's been a while for me.

I hope you get a couple females I wanna see what kinda phenos will pop up!

Here they are for a quick update. Obviously a long veg is needed for any real yield on these...but they smell really nice, and the trichromes are starting to come in. I really like the shorter one, it took to the topping well and is a nice stocky girl with pretty even colas, but no real side branching, so I didn't take any clones...going to have to try and Reveg her....I decided to let the male die off quietly, he had hollow stems, worse spacing than these girls, and not very many pollen sacks honestly, but oh well. I took a clone of pheno #2, hopefully it survives, I have had real bad
Luck with clones recently 😔

Latest posts

Latest posts