What's new

Pre-'98 Bubba Kush X djs Blueberry

S

Space Ghost

Appearance: smallish dense buds with a dark greenish grey hue COVERED in trichomes and elegantly long reddish brown stigmas. Also very well manicured (a girl did it...) (8.5/10)

Odor: As soon as you crack the jar the entire room gets stunk out with an overpowering coffee-sweet blueberry-chocolate-musk smell, a perfect balance between the two strains. When you break a bud apart a more subtle hashy berryish smell comes out, delish! (9/10)

Potency/Character of High: Total indica knockdown, but with a good level of euphoria. Very strong stuff, I under-estimated it the first time i imbibed and rolled a generous j with about a gram in it. It hits you immediately, a crushing shockwave went throughout my body and head. It also has some creep to it after 10 min i was uncomfortably high... I stated to feel very weak and sickly, and then i realized why, I was breathing extremely shallowly after a few minutes of labored deep breaths I felt fine... lol. (9.5/10)

Taste: A pure blueberry-coffee hash bomb, strong rich thick smoke/vapor sweet and bitter at the same time with surprisingly little smoke expansion. (8/10)

yeild: low-med

Flowering time: 75 daze

Growth Characteristics: Small stout bushes, branchy and medium veg speed

Medical Value: This one is a definite candidate for pain management and appetite stimulation, although it didn't do much for my anxiety or psychotic symptoms... (the search continues)

The weed was skillfully grown by a buddy of mine, all organic, properly flushed. cured very well.

Sorry no pics, smoked it all up... maybe i'll shoot some pics the next time i get some.

This plant wouldn't be a keeper in my garden because of the lack of medical benefit (for me at least) and farty yield. But it's nice to have some once in a while.

I know I'm missing something, so feel free to ask questions...

OVERALL RATING: 8.9/10

S

Space Ghost

The guy that grew it is in OR and im in WA next time i make a trip down to him, I'll get some pics of the bud and hopefully some plant shots as well...

S

Space Ghost

yes, dj's, sag's and even dp's... very little relief... good smoke though...

Have you tried any mandala strains? For my anxiety and ADD issues, I was surprised to find that the most potency wasnt the key, rather strains with more landrace (and slightly more sativa leaning hybrids) genetics worked out best.

Just an idea, but nice smoke report. Keep it up.

S

Space Ghost

Thanks you very much for the concern, I have tried several landrace sativas, malawi gold, durban poison, swazi rooi bart, thai strains... and I can barely smoke them they fuck with me so much (meaning they exacerbate my symptoms) The best thing I have for anxiety right now is a cut of "the pure" and thats about as sativa as I can go and it only sorta helps, I'm still dependent on benzos for serious anxiety and panic attacks.

Well, dont get me wrong, I didnt mean to sound like I was declaring you go with a pure (or close) sativa. If you take a look at their website and read about strains hashberry and ganesh they both are much more indica leaning than I wanted to imply :joint:

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Man SG, I have to say, this is a tough one. If pre 98 Bubba x DJ's BB doesn't have a significant effect I don't know what else might, really. Just from reading reports I would have thought that's a pinnacle type anti anxiety strain. Have you tried any of the real narcotic strains, or a Sour Bubble, or Yumbolt?

Steele Savage of Kryptonite is working on/with a couple strains that might be of interest to you, Blue Sonja and their Sour Bubble DMT pheno. Here's what is said of their Blue Sonja:
Med Patients may find relief from severalconditions including , but not limited to : Attitude management and overall emotional wellbeing . The quality and complexity of high are so apparent while smoking , one may feel as if floating on a "Cloud 9" high and at times , euphoric . The Sativa in this girl brings forth some brain tingling and wonderfully cerebral effects and feelings . Deep thought and clarity can also be captured while using .
All I know of DMT is that they isolated this pheno and it is said by Steele to be significantly more potent than standard Sour Bubble. http://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65591

S

Space Ghost

Thanks for the info VH. I am pretty sure what I need is unworked landrace indicas with a high cbd content. because what I understand from reading studies is the cbd works best as an anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety med.

swishaman

Nice report...

You described the smell/taste perfectly...I haven't had this, but that description fits the ShorelinexBlueberry I had a chance to buy a few years ago.. Chocolate/Blueberry smell, same type of taste. I like to describe it as a "light dark chocolate with a fresh blueberry on top" Which sounds weird, but it's exactly how it tastes...Can't remember how it smelled when broken up, as back in those days I hadn't yet learned to Pinch bud to get the proper smell....

What really sucks is every Shoreline I've come across since then, smelled nothing of chocolate...

I'm just excited to see someone else who has tried a Chocolate Blueberry type of strain...it's very yummy eh? :p

P.S. Try Grape Krush for anxiety. The best I have come across for it.... Super clean/clear head thats very relaxing...warm and fuzzy body high...great ceiling... I've had half a lifetimes worth of my own anxiety, and this stuff is superb for it :) One pheno I tried has the clear head, another pheno had a more fuzzy head, like the body... this one is great for night time/bed.... Well they both are, but the fuzzy head makes it very comfortable to slip into bed and off to sleep...

P.S.S. what benzodiazepine do they have you on? My mother has been on Klonopin since late '99, my best friend has been on and off, prescribed and 'self-treated' with Lorazepam and Xanax...probably Valium as well... Personally, I just like to sit and suffer until I can get pot. But Klonopin seem to be the least "invasive" benzo. I was actually prescribed Lorazepam once, and it actually made my anxiety way worse... Also made me a shady person :S

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the info VH. I am pretty sure what I need is unworked landrace indicas with a high cbd content. because what I understand from reading studies is the cbd works best as an anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety med.

Had to chime in here...
I got severe anxiety/ hypomania. ( and I agree, Klonopin was the LEAST invasive of the benzos)So, I also have been growing and searching for the strain that DOESNT make my breathing get shallow, heart pounding outta my chest kinda shit. I have been on every benzo+ temazapam/restoril for insomnia. Now I try to grow my meds, no pills. I LOVE a good haze high sometimes, but MOST satty dom plants I got stay away from, tehy will send me into an anxiety attack faster than a drug dog in an airport!
Herijuana, Plan B's Black Indica, and Nor Cal Daddys Girl are a few that I have found to really work. GHS Church is supposedly almost 1% CBD, and it does the damn job well too. I think Dutch Passions Mazar was up there as well.
Hope any of that helped...cause I am well medicated right now, and not sure any of what I typed made sense...heh
good viebs

swishaman

I've had a very mature sample of Skywalker (Mazar x BB) and i'll agree... it's actually a "good couch lock" stone.. it's weird because it's not like a normal couch lock. Once it hits you though, you pretty much just don't want to move an inch. Whatever position your entire body is in, is how you will want to stay. Like super comfort. Pretty much the only couch lock/indica dom that I really like. Also has a super funky smell after it's burned. Lingers in a room for hours.

Sweet Island Skunk was also very similar to skywalker. To the point where I thought the Sweet Island was Walker.. Finally I settled on them being different.. I think walker has a more chemical lemon smell, and that skunk is like sour lemon candy... Also I have heard that Mazar has 'gone down hill' over the last few years... So i'm unsure about it's quality. Though if you can get your hands on a Walker cut...it's great :) Just mature it out and don't plan on doing anything for the entire day.

Dj's Vanilluna has a high like the Orange grape krush pheno I mentioned, so that might not be a bad choice for a night timer...

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
funny you mention that swisha...skywalker was what made me try their mazar...lol LOVED the skywalker
good vibes

S

Space Ghost

Right now I'm on 1mg klon and .25mg xanax daily, I was on much higher doses of both in the past, but i've been tapering down slowly over the course of the last 9 months or so.

I'll research these strain you guys have suggested and buy some seeds. But i'll also be getting some seeds from a user on here that is doing breeding work with chinese indicas and ferrel hemp plants as well as unworked ghanis and pakis and he thinks he can get the thc:cbd ratio to about 50:50.