What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PPK vert 4 plant 5 light grow show and DIY, 3400w, CO2

hotboxes

I second that partners suck I just went threw the first half of my season loosing just about everything, but my freedom do get back at it keep your head up man one door closes another one opens you'll find your way

Desert Hydro

Veteran
hey everyone! just wanted to let you guys know im not dead haha. some shit went down with the partner not keeping her grow clean and bugs and overall general disarray took over the grow. the plants vegged for a couple weeks too long. they got way too tall, and got way too close to the 1k's. there were only a couple of burns but the radiant heat stunted my healthy producing chemmy jones into a sub par producer. quality was still top notch on a lot of it though. i havent been to my spot in a couple weeks. its all torn down but dirty as fuck. got a new promotion at work and the hours are strenuous compared to before so i have little to no time to get over there and do work.

sad story, i know lol. anyways....ive had a couple weeks almost to myself and im ready to get back in the saddle. i lost many of my genetics in the shuffle. still got one or two good moms around but i think i may go clone hunting in san diego soon.

stay tuned for some new setups. be safe everyone. i'll be around in a couple weeks when i have something worth showing lol

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Good to hear DH. Looking forward to seeing what you've got coming.

I've been in a bit of the same spot recently. My rental I was remotely involved with went south.. few failed crops for various stupid reasons and the tenant just generally wasnt taking car of the place at all (rodents, dog piss, etc). Throw a random break-in on top of that (tv and stuff stolen) and that was enough for me to call it quits.

I managed to end that situation, but lost a lot of the genetics. I then reloaded myself and another friend project.. but with horrible genetics. Needless to say I chopped everything mid bloom as it started to tard out on me and I knew it wouldn't develop properly. Said fuck it.. went on vacation... and now I've got 4 clones & 4 seedlings I'm trying to get big again to supply some projects.

I've got my PPK built for my sealed room, but never have ran proper medium in it. Got my napa floor dry, but been procrastinating on screen/cleaning it (or whatever is required these days)...

I'm curious about your simple top feed in it. Was considering the same for a buddies so eliminate coco and RW blocks. Very limited height here so a true PPK setup isnt ideal.. We run low tide trays sitting on 4x4 posts to keep them off the ground just enough to install drain fittings/line.

Grow4Flow

DH,
good to hear and looking forward to the next show.

FF,
you don't need to screen the 8822, just wash the shit out of it. I actually let my system run for a week and drained twice to clean it out. Height is still genetic dependent as well, my recent run never got more than 4' tall, but they were more than that in width and i managed to finish off with just over 18oz dry off of a 600w light.

Looking forward to your next show too

zeke99

i'm putting un-rooted clones directly into 1.2 ec flooded every 90 minutes just like the big plants and they are all rooting fine with no displays.

Sorry to interrupt your thread, Desert Hydro, I noticed a vague reference to this in another thread and wasn't sure if I could believe what I was reading.

What an exciting development.