What's new

PPFD/CO2/EC/VPD

Does anyone have any grow journals logged metrics for ppfd, co2, ec and vpd levels?

really searching for that .75g/ųmol, and while I'm on the right track, any data or even "anecdotal" case studies are what I'm obsessing over.

looking to hit 1200-1400ppfd at 1500ppms co2, 2.5+ EC, while in the applicable VPD ratios to maximize photosynthetic activity.

I have found a few grow journals, but the videos are sponsored by the LED company making the lights, so I'm really looking for 3rd party data sets.
Any information or nudges in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

What chu got?

Raho

Veteran
Hmmm. Old post. Wonder how things are going?

Seems like there should be some sort of integrated tool that spits out ideal numbers for environment variables based on known data. Like if you enter one data point (1200 ppf) and stage of growth, it would automatically populate ideal numbers for the other environmental factors in the tool.
I don't think that tool exists yet, but I totally get what you are asking for.

Till it does, one part of what you are looking for seems like a good ballpark model to balance CO2 ppm with light ppf needs.
Plants under 800 ppf of LED can be very happy with 800 ppm of CO2. That parity model should get you into higher levels without too much pain but expect to observe and adapt as needed.

EC will always be variable depending on the plants, but maybe some gross plant/strain categories could be built into the model based on equatorial location and elevation? Beyond that, understanding that a plant happily running at HIGH light levels with supplemental CO2 is gonna be capable of accelerated growth and that takes food, so constantly be on the lookout for deficiencies to show up and use them as an opportunity to fine tune your nutes, while also recognizing the power of just turning up the "volume knob" (overall mix EC).

VPD has it's own optimized scale, that varies by stage of growth, not light levels. Still it should be integrated into the dashboard.

One thing you left out is temps.
Higher temps can be tolerated, maybe even desired when your light/CO2/nutes are in balance and cranked.
79°F to 83°F is a great range to start with before you start pushing things into the higher levels.

Three Berries

This time of year my CO2 is 2k-3k ppm. I'm keeping the temps around 73F and have a 50w light on a temp controller to keep it there. VPD I keep 1.10-1.00 and the current grow is not needing any added humidity, runs 63-64 RH with the lights on. 3 weeks to go and quite a citrusy terp smell. Still all clear trics. Bubba Kush auto in FF OF and going though a 1/2 gal a day.

JKD

Veteran
Raho - I think a product called ‘Pulse Pro’ from Pulsegrow does a lot of this. I haven’t used one, so can’t vouch for it.

sushi

Raho - I think a product called ‘Pulse Pro’ from Pulsegrow does a lot of this. I haven’t used one, so can’t vouch for it.
I think you are correct. I was looking at them the other day on a quick break at work.

Reactions: JKD

Three Berries

AC Infinity has a Controller 67 or 69 for their fans that act on humidity and temp and show the VPD. No CO2 though .

Raho

Veteran
Trolmaster has some great stuff too.

Just trying to help the OP.
His question was actually unique because he isn't asking about single point control solutions, but something that integrates optimal settings for multiple environment variables to keep them in balance. This is a big deal with LED growing. You can get away with a lot more stuff being out of range under HIDs.
I appreciate all the tips though brothers. :bow:

I just checked and OP hasn't logged on here since Feb '22, so I probably wasted my time.

Latest posts

Latest posts