What's new

Power Cheese

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Diary Update

Diary Update

Two weeks in almost & looking ok. Changeover today, so I'm hoping fresh nutes will perk them up a bit.

I've got the room dialled in now, air & res temps. I've added some Vitalink 'bennies' today so hoping to see an improvement. :biggrin:

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Diary Update

Diary Update

The girls are growing fast but the lower leaves have yellow tips. I think it's a Nute Deficiency as I'm using Canna Hydro Vega (designed for run to waste systems) instead of Canna Aqua Vega (for recirculating systems) for those not au-fait with Canna products.
I'm not sure of the consequences but my air & res temps are spot on, roots look good, PH is 5.8 and they're growing fast. However this yellowing persists & they looked a bit limp tonight.

I've posted about this problem but haven't had much luck finding which nute they're lacking.

Any ideas??

W

willyweed

try a bit of superdrive/thrive at them,and see what that does !goodluck

IG420

as long as you run your pH around 5.5 you shouldn't have a problem, remember hydro uptakes nutrients faster in more acidic solutions. Be careful with super thrive I've seen a veteran grower stunt his flowers and they finished half developed at week 5.

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like your style man, tons of root space, tons of plant space, looks perfect to me man!:plant grow:

Cheers IG,
The main reason I've only got 14 plants and all the space around them is the ease of maintenance. I got a bad spine condition & it kills me working up there, so anything to make things easy was high up in my list. I can scoot around them on a stool fitted with castors lol. However, I think you're right on the other benefits, the girls seem to love the space. :biggrin:
Stay safe :tiphat:

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
try a bit of superdrive/thrive at them,and see what that does !goodluck

Thanks for that Willyweed,
I'll deffo have a look at those. I'm pretty sure they need some kind of veg boost. I sprayed them last night with Magic Green so I'm hoping that will help in the short term.

snes

lookin cool man, ppxcheese sounds interesting indeed, where was the pp from? nirvanas or dutch p?

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin cool man, ppxcheese sounds interesting indeed, where was the pp from? nirvanas or dutch p?

Hi Snes,
The Power Plant was a dutch strain to my knowledge. It was crossed with UK Cheese by a local grower about 6 yrs ago and called PP1. I grew it for about 5 yrs with success. Big colas from the PP & a great, lasting stone from the cheese.
The guy had some seeds from his cheese and grew a fine male. I fertilized my last grow of PP1 with his male cheese plant and got thousands of seeds from it. I'm now growing from those seeds. Cheese/PP/Cheese, so I called them 'Power Cheese'.

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Diary Update.

Diary Update.

The cabbages are growing well.

Gonna have to sting up a SCROG net soon!

:peacock:

W

willyweed

will you take any of those leaves off yet iffy ?just wondering they are bloody massive

snes

Hi Snes,
The Power Plant was a dutch strain to my knowledge. It was crossed with UK Cheese by a local grower about 6 yrs ago and called PP1. I grew it for about 5 yrs with success. Big colas from the PP & a great, lasting stone from the cheese.
The guy had some seeds from his cheese and grew a fine male. I fertilized my last grow of PP1 with his male cheese plant and got thousands of seeds from it. I'm now growing from those seeds. Cheese/PP/Cheese, so I called them 'Power Cheese'.

that's great as I just grabbed one pack of sb, thanks for the answer and keep the good job ;)

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cabbages

Cabbages

will you take any of those leaves off yet iffy ?just wondering they are bloody massive

Yeah Willyweed lol, they look like cabbages! :biggrin:
I trimmed some of the lower stuff last night and a few fan leaves. I've topped & FIM'ed them too. One more week to let them settle and I'm gonna flip them. Can't wait to see them flower!

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Diary Update

Diary Update

Hi Folks,
Updating my diary with a couple of photos. 3 weeks in to the day and they're looking well. :woohoo:
Trimmed and ready to flip to flowering.
Added three hours of darkness as of tonight/tomorrow and will flip em to 12/12 in a couple of days.

W

willyweed

looking good iffy nice even canopy ,is that your air pump in the bottom photo on that foam?.i build a little sound proofish plasterboard box to help soak up the sound waves off mine ,made a big difference good luck

Iffy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Power Cheese

looking good iffy nice even canopy ,is that your air pump in the bottom photo on that foam?.i build a little sound proofish plasterboard box to help soak up the sound waves off mine ,made a big difference good luck

Cheers for that Willyweed,
I soundproofed the whole place when I built it and the only noise I got after putting foam under the pump and osc/fan was the Maxijet pump & airstones in the res. The res sits on a foam blanket now and it's lovely! I can just hear a tiny little drone from upstairs when everything is on, so pretty sure my neighbours can't hear anything! I was dead chuffed when it snowed, coz with everything running, the snow stayed on the roof like all the other houses around. All the hours of insulating & boarding seem to have paid off! :biggrin:
I was amazed at the growth just in the last two days. I went up tonight to do a change-over and to fit a larger fan to the lights and wow! They've gone crazy!

Soon be flowering! :woohoo:

W

willyweed

they look great iffy what would you be aiming for per pot in dry weight? also do you reuse your medium many thanks