What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Powder on my leafs!

C

csedge

Been noticing a powder on my leafs around my table. White powder I think it's powdery mildew, so I asked a friend today what to do. It isn't horrible by any means yet but he said it spreads very fast. So I cut my plants down 4 days early so that it wouldn't spread over to my early flowering girls, was going through and noticed it kind of has but not bad.

The tip he gave me was to clean the WHOLE room nice and good and spray the plants down with a solution of 2 tablespoons per galllon of water and mist the plants.

Does anyone else have anymore advice, maybe if this doesn't work? Sorry I don't have pictures but it looks like a white powder on my leafs sorry just want to restate that one more time.

Thanks CSedge

F

freefields

PM is bad, you can't smoke anything infected with PM sadly. Cleaning the room very thoroughly and using sulphur burners is the best treatment really.

agreed. kill all infected plants. spray grow space/tools/anything that you use for growing down with 10% bleach solution. Change the air filters on your intake and outtake, if you dont have filters get some HEPA filters on there fast. Also if you grow anything else around your grow area, you will need inspect for PM and kill anything infected. Controlling your RH% will greatly aid in defeating PM. Sulphur burners or suphur based fungalcides are your last resort since these can effect smell and taste of final product if not use correctly
hope this helps

C

csedge

No buds have been infected yet luckily that;s why i hurried and chopped today instead of sunday. Where can I purchase a sulfir burner at?

Hash Man

you can use a bomb called fungafloor to ease your pm issues. I put my sulfer burner away after i found this product.

C

csedge

Ur sayin I should just kill the DPD and SS too since I seen spots on both only on some leaves though. Theirs at like week 2 or 3 so it;s not a huge deal plus I've got more clones of them. No way to save them just kill them?

C

csedge

Does the bomb hurt buds? I'm going to go to the growshop I also go to for some help, they usually have a good answer. Just would really like to know from my friends here! Thanks already

Hash Man

there is no need to kill your plants. if they are in week 2 then you can also use a product called greencure or kali green. greencure has a spreader sticker in it and kali greeen does not so you should pick up some yucca extract or coco wet. they are both potassium bicarbonate which somehow robs the pm of its potassium ions and breaks its structure flat out.

If you use the bomb, follow the directions and keep all fans and ventalation off during the bombing. leave the bomb in the room for around 4-8 hrs, and then turn the fans on the air the place out before the lights come back on. If you are careful with wind and scheduling, you will be fine. If you forget to turn your fans off or forget to turn your ventilation on in time, you will burn the hell out of your plants.

Good luck.

C

csedge

Turn the lights off too? n the fan n the fans connect to my lights venting it out?

anonamix

Good thread with some very helpful info. I think I have some powder mold problems..
Are there any places I can veiw pics of PM, mine seems like a white powder, but on closer look it seems almost like webbing.
I guess the best way to explain it is like cotton.

I strongly suggest you kill all infected plants, clean everything, and start fresh. the problem with trying to keep infected plants is that you will never get rid of PM. By infected plants, I mean plants that have PM blooms on them. The plants that dont show a PM bloom should be treated with fungalcide and watched daily for PM blooms to appear. Just because you dont see a PM bloom on the plants, doesnt mean that its not there. The spores are in the air, and are just waiting for a time to bloom.

Think about this: In the food industry all different food products are prepared and cooked in different areas. fish in one area, beef in another, pork another, etc. The reason for this is to minimize cross-contamination. Now some would say, " there is no need to do this because when u cook the food, all the microbes die," and that is true if the population of microbes is low. However all the equipment use to prep the food is now contaminated. Microbes on the average double there population every 30min. Now the next time someone uses the equipment, there is a larger microbe population on it, and the next time after that. At some point you will have a microbial population that is large enough to survive the cooking process. At that point some of people that eat the food will get sick.

Its all about having tight controls on cleanliness. If you allow PM to stay in your grow area it will find some place to live and from time to time cause you problems. The best way to fight PM is to make sure it never gets a population size that will cause problems.

anonamix yea thats PM in full bloom. kill all plants that have that and clean EVERYTHING

Last edited:

Hash Man

Turn the lights off too? n the fan n the fans connect to my lights venting it out?

yes make sure you do the bomb at the beginning of your dark cycle. Then make sure you air your room out by turning your outake fans on an hour or so before the lights come back on Then , when the lightsa come on, walk in and turn your circulation fans on.

Also, I dont want to start a big debate here about PM being systemic or not, but there is current argument in the industry about the truth of this claim. I dont have time to dig around for the thread now, but in the Chimera Forum there was a great thread about this I believe Chimera says pm is not systemic.

IMO, I have had the same Tahoe OG Kush cut for aruond 5 years now... I aquiured the cut and saw some pm on it... I have no pm issues now and had humidity up to 70% with lights on(90 % with lights off) during the winter rainstorms... I am inclined to believe one can battle this problem and win. Others have had different experience.

Stop touching it though. dont touch any more leaves or prune anything else cause all that does is spread the spores around alot.

Best of luck, Hash

Latest posts

Latest posts