What's new

Potent Autoflowering Strains.. Yes, they are exist! :D

mack 10

Veteran
^^nice work. seems paradise seeds is the go to seed bank for auto's.
I love the Nebula and sensi star too. especially the neb, lemon candy with a booming high(the phenos I grew.) These might work outside in the uk? usually the weather turns to shizz around September.
mack.

C

chromeo

of course, should do well outside in UK, I would give it a try.

peace

Rinse

Veteran
Sky high and Chromeo, really nice pics. I do think auto's are best for outdoors so us northerners can harvest in august, when the sun has more uv's. Most indica's will act similar to auto's if grown 12/12 from seed.

Here's some mossy jem:

JaBnV.jpg

k1PKU.jpg

Durty Dragon bud (very potent and tasty):

cjCsc.jpg

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Vertigo is a vigorous plant with potent smoke. Here is my first Vertigo at day 26:

picture.php

She really packs on the crystals:
picture.php

picture.php

I'm fairly certain that Sensi Star is a major part of her genetics and the source of her potency.

I'm on the fourth generation of a cross I've made with Vertigo and Hashplant (from Hybrids From Hell). The Hashplant is an extremely potent hazy tasting plant that flowers much earlier than other sativa dominant plants.

Flowering at 4ft tall on June 22nd at 42N latitude:
picture.php

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Autos have their place.

I had fun with them hidden in a flower bed in my yard. They were a delight to watch flowering at 18 hours of light amid my vegging outdoor seedlings. Freedom from worry about light cycles and the ability to tend, care, peek at the plants anytime of day or night. Good smoke with less hastle.

5th

Veteran
I might have mentioned this before...but those are beautiful lookin' flowers Mr. abyss1 :tiphat:

P

pyratth

A cross I've made : Sour Rocket 60

Sour Rocket 60 => Sour 60 F3 (f) X Sour Rocket Fuel (m)

⌊_ Sour 60 => Lowryder x Masterkush x Blueberry x Sour Bubble

⌊_ Sour Rocket Fuel => Sour 60 F3 (f) x Russian Rocket Fuel F3 Auto (m)

A friend of mine has grown some of them on his little island (AUS), here's his report :

Well twenty one auto's have been harvested for twenty five ounces of bud. The huge SR 60 pheno featured above yeiled five ounces of bud and and ounce of seed. All leaf and trim will be processed for bubble. Here is one last pic. This plant yielded two ounces of bud but the bud, smoke and bag appeal was off the charts - best auto that I'm aware of by a fair margin:

DSC01655_zps1e255dc8-1_zps10455b75.jpg
I currently work on the third generation... the smell is simply incredible, like a great diesel with a hint of kush or orange (depending phenos)... :woohoo:

Clive

i still dont get it. Why risk prison to grow something thats less potent ??? nice looking plants though

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
for people in northern areas that have short flowering seasons...Auto's are perfect for an early outdoor crop...and i have been researching the work that has been done with Auto's has been very impressive over the years...now there are Auto Hazes, Auto Kushes, Auto, Sour D's, a very nice wide variety of auto genetics...good to see

peace
Chefboy

Clive

Surely it's just rudarallis with a fancy name like sour diesel. They will never be as potent because they have the auto gene in it. Mr Nice seeds don't sell them because their crap for potency and their the best in the business.

P

pyratth

Have you tried an af strain to talk about it like that?

Maybe less yield, but the yield isn't the only criterion for a lot of growers, especially for those don't have a lot of space in outdoor e.g... and for the potency, I suggest you just try before talk it... ;)

Peace bro... :tiphat:

Clive

Have you tried an af strain to talk about it like that?

Maybe less yield, but the yield isn't the only criterion for a lot of growers, especially for those don't have a lot of space in outdoor e.g... and for the potency, I suggest you just try before talk it... ;)

Peace bro... :tiphat:

yeah diesel ryder, sour 60, 60 day wonder,onyx, none of them are as potent as regular seeds, the white dwarf was awful for potency. which is all i care about.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I have to say, I'm impressed with what I'm seeing in this thread. I am of the school of thought that autoflowering strains are a bad thing for the big picture of cannabis plants. I see them eventually contaminating the gene pool and ultimately eliminating photoperiod-dependent strains, unfortunately. That will be the fault of people, though, and not the autoflowering genes themselves, so I don't hate on autos. I do think they are beneficial to people up in the Arctic circle, though, so I am in favor of keeping them contained to those latitudes.

That being said, I was sent a couple of freebie seeds of GHS Sweet Auto Mango, which are feminized, but due to the fact that feminized strains can still throw male flowers, I will keep my karma in check by not growing them outside, thus preventing any chance of allowing the autoflowering genes to contaminate anyone else's outdoor grows that might be nearby.

Reason why I'm posting this? To respond to some of the people who say growing autos indoors is a waste of time or whatever. I actually think it's the only ethical option! Outdoors, the evil genes might contaminate other non-evil genes that might be out there. But indoors, there is no chance of that.

So, if you MUST grow autos, and you don't live in the tundra, I plead with you to ONLY grow them indoors. There, that's my rant.

While I'm in here... has anyone grown the Auto Sweet Mango? I'm going to go ahead and grow them out, as I don't see any reason to throw them away, but I'm curious what to expect. I'm going to grow them out in a CFL cab.