What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

potatoe cloning method

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Stoned2Death said:
I don't think he intended for you to grow the plant out of the potatoe, :confused: :confused: :confused: just get it started rooting and the moisture in the potatoe provides a perfect environment.
i put the :confused: where i think you made a contradictory statement.

I don't think you would cut off the potato at any point, so you are definitely going to be growing both plants. They are not mutually beneficial, but they can mutually exist.

A sturdy yet moist dark environment may be 'a perfect environment' but that does not make a potato 'a perfect environment'

The potato plant is very similar to a tomato plant in structure, and i believe flower structure, but the potato fruits are not eatin. The root structure is.

G

A very simple way to start clones

That's all he said. A simple way to start clones, not to grow a plant. I'm under the impression you're talking about rooting it into the potatoe completely, but that's not what he's talking about. He is saying put it in the potato and it will start rooting. Logical thinking would lead one to believe that at this point it's probably best then to transfer your plant to your favorite medium....not use the potato as the medium for the grow since he stated this is a method of "starting" clones only.

DragonX

Hell I just might try it for kicks. get a big pot-ta-toe Poke a few holes in there and see how it works. Lets say 4-5 clones in 1 potatoe. Talk about a cool looking potatoe. :)

check in about 10 days and replant the clones and throw the potatoes in the compost bin. And Potatoes are cheap to boot.

Good Idea!

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
So wait until you get roots, and then yank your clone out of the potato?
Or wait until you get white nubs then remove from potato?
Or its not a good idea to mess with a rooting clone, by looking at roots?

Why remove the growing medium from a newly rooted clone?
Im not saying its not possible, i am saying that it is not benefial in the long run.
If a tomato plant does not do better with a root system already installed (the potato) there is no way MJ will grow & FLOWER better with a potato as part of its root system.

Look it up. The potato will grow in size, and the tomato will produce eddible fruit, but not as good as a potato crop on one side and a tomato crop on the other. I guess, if you needed to mail a rooted clone, it might be benefical, but i would remove the root stock as soon as i could.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
ShroomDr said:
So wait until you get roots, and then yank your clone out of the potato?
Or wait until you get white nubs then remove from potato?
Or its not a good idea to mess with a rooting clone, by looking at roots?

Why remove the growing medium from a newly rooted clone?
Im not saying its not possible, i am saying that it is not benefial in the long run.
If a tomato plant does not do better with a root system already installed (the potato) there is no way MJ will grow & FLOWER better with a potato as part of its root system.

Look it up. The potato will grow in size, and the tomato will produce eddible fruit, but not as good as a potato crop on one side and a tomato crop on the other. I guess, if you needed to mail a rooted clone, it might be benefical, but i would remove the root stock as soon as i could.

You can cut the potatoe away from the rooted clones. I have done this with Rockwool cubes and the cubes practically fall apart. The roots cut into it and end up splitting it up themselves. If you start to cut and break away at the potatoe very carfully Im sure you can get the clone with most of its roots out and replant it into a new medium.

Thanks for sharing the info magic and everyone else that has contributed! :wave:

stealthballer

well first off thanks for flaming.

either spelling is considered correct but thanks for poking at the spelling thing.

as for why I said it was so easy a monkey could do it and based on responses to the thread I figured at least one or two monkeys might have read it.

you don't plant the potatoe or it will root and ruin the whole thing. the moisture will getsucked out by the baby weed and then once that happens it is pretty simple to seperate the potato from the plant.

so glad I tried to help.

mr noodles

i wouldn't do that for one reason:insect contamination...dirt and many shit can carry the little fuckers eggs straigth to you plant .

good technique for mites lovers

Going through this inconvenience (when jiffy pucks and rockwool and even plain soil are all readily available) is only warranted if it offers a drastic benefit, such as a significantly shortened rooting time. Is that the case?

stealthballer

SmokeRings said:
Going through this inconvenience (when jiffy pucks and rockwool and even plain soil are all readily available) is only warranted if it offers a drastic benefit, such as a significantly shortened rooting time. Is that the case?

when u live in a town of 1000 and jiffy pots are an hour away this is quite simply for those not comfy with hydro

and when over ferted clone burning soil is all you have available yes this method is prefered. why in the fuck would people flame someone trying to help others?

why on earth would you contribute if all you want to do is talk shite?
fuck the internet and fuck this site. ghandi was wrong about alot of shit but no one here would fault him for trying, or would they...

Last edited:

stealthballer

matter of fact fuck it and fuck trying to be helpful.

you are not the end all be all and any help offered even if it helped one person is still help none the less.

been growing for decades not months and I got internet tough guys talking trash just to talk it.

FYI WEED IS ABOUT LOVE
otherwise fuck off and smoke crack cause that is what you are worth

Last edited:

stealthballer

mr noodles said:
i wouldn't do that for one reason:insect contamination...dirt and many shit can carry the little fuckers eggs straigth to you plant .

good technique for mites lovers

fyi if you have any insect concerns your growing methods are flawed regardless.

I could let a potato sit on my grow room floor for months and not have a single bug.

stealthballer

and with that I am done, this was a mistake to try to help, I had forgotten how many peopl want to be right on the internet. It gets to a point of no returns. I quit helpin on OG and somehow my time away tainted my mind and led me to believe helping others was the right thing to do... thread is dead and most likely so am I. proving someone wrong doesn't feel nearly as good as proving someone right. If you don't agree with my last statement then frankly I hope you rot.

G

Whoah stealthballer, this subject has been talked about on this site many times... noone is trying to flame you. Folks are just having a good time. Trust me - you will know when you are getting flamed.

I have read many times that there are compounds in the potato that help other plants root. You just have to be sure to cut away the excess potato when you have a rooted cutting so that it doesnt grow and hurt your eventual yield.

Thank you for your contribution - stick around, you might like it here after all.

mr noodles

stealthballer said:
fyi if you have any insect concerns your growing methods are flawed regardless.

I could let a potato sit on my grow room floor for months and not have a single bug.

i have zero insect and im very happy for you .

green_grow

Veteran
hey, stealth . i think some of the boys and girls were just having a little fun . for my part, i will file this idea for future use. thanks .

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
stealthballer said:
and with that I am done, this was a mistake to try to help, I had forgotten how many peopl want to be right on the internet. It gets to a point of no returns. I quit helpin on OG and somehow my time away tainted my mind and led me to believe helping others was the right thing to do...

Well...all is not lost dear. If you will look back I believe there were as many people agreeing with you as flaming. Ignore the asholes...they abound everywhere. But give the rest of us a chance, cool?

See...what it is.....I've noticed....some men who grow weed have this thing that happens to them. Their ego seems to jump right up their behind and consequently gives them a raging boner, they then relieve this pressure by shit talkin'.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts