What's new

Potassium Silicate in flowering?

Verdant Whisperer

I recommended my buddy a silica supplement for his indoor grow, and hes asking me if when to use it, I vaugely remember hearing something a while ago or reading that it is not good to use silica supplements during the bud growth and maturation just in vegatative and stretch phase. could someone confirm that this is correct, and i had heard that if the nugs have alot of silica in them from using potassium silicate in mid/late flower that the buds burn harsh, can anyone confirm, thankyou VW

sublingual

I recommended my buddy a silica supplement for his indoor grow, and hes asking me if when to use it, I vaugely remember hearing something a while ago or reading that it is not good to use silica supplements during the bud growth and maturation just in vegatative and stretch phase. could someone confirm that this is correct, and i had heard that if the nugs have alot of silica in them from using potassium silicate in mid/late flower that the buds burn harsh, can anyone confirm, thankyou VW
bud does not burn harsh by using a silicate product. I use a product from start to finish at full strength suggested and my buds are not harsh. Bugbee has reported that silicate users hardly complain of powdery mildew. That's one reason I use it and another is that my birds love to chew the stems after I strip the buds from the plant. Silica makes the stems stronger and it helps the plant's immune system. Many folks miss this concept; the stem is part of the overall plant and contributes to its health. Yes, we want the buds but if one minimizes the stem, in my view, they are shortchanging themselves in subtle ways. Grow strong stems, it will help you grow better buds (all else being equal).

Verdant Whisperer

bud does not burn harsh by using a silicate product. I use a product from start to finish at full strength suggested and my buds are not harsh. Bugbee has reported that silicate users hardly complain of powdery mildew. That's one reason I use it and another is that my birds love to chew the stems after I strip the buds from the plant. Silica makes the stems stronger and it helps the plant's immune system. Many folks miss this concept; the stem is part of the overall plant and contributes to its health. Yes, we want the buds but if one minimizes the stem, in my view, they are shortchanging themselves in subtle ways. Grow strong stems, it will help you grow better buds (all else being equal).
Thankyou that was the answer i was looking for, Case closed.