What's new

Pot/Weed based books

solarz

Whats up IC,

I'm in search of a few books that are weed related. By this i mean books such as Mr. Nice, the book about the Black Tuna gang, etc...shit like that. I'm up for a few good reads, and i REALLY like reading about this type of stuff. And actually it doesn't necessarily have to be about weed...other contraband is cool :). Thanks for the help IC...and Happy Holidays! :santa1:

solarz

3rd base

Not sure if this fits what you're looking for, but I thought The Official High Times Pot Smoker's Handbook was a cool quick read.

SuperConductor

Veteran
Read it a long time ago but i remember Snowblind: A Brief Career in the Cocaine Trade by Ronert Sabbag being really good, like a coke version of Mr Nice. He has another book called Smokescreen about weed which is meant to be good too.

B

buddymate

Snowblind and smokescreen are both f***ing good reads and have a place on my bookshelf,can I reccomend "Grass" by Phil Sparrowhawk?Howard Marks business partner and supplier,fast paced and unputdownable.

solarz

Cool...thanks for the recommendations. i remember reading about phil in Mr. Nice...so i'd imagine that his book would be a great read. I'm going to do a search for these titles.....does anyone have a quick link to where i could pick these up?

solarz

You can also give a try to these:

Altered States of America: Outlaws and Icons, Hitmakers and Hitmen by Richard Stratton

The Brotherhood of Eternal Love: from Flower Power to Hippie Mafia the Story of LSD Counterculture by Stewart Tendler & David May

Inherent Vice by Thomas Pinchon (Reading it right now)

Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts (It takes place in India, while the others deal with the American Reality)

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson (Probably you already know the movie)

The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe

Can't Find my Way Home: America in the Great Stoned Age, 1945-2000 by Martin Torgoff

The last one isn't really a novel but more like an history manual, but I really enjoyed reading it.

SuperConductor

Veteran
The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe

Highly recommend this, the real story of the psychedelic 60s. Not an easy read but one of the best books I've read. Mainly about Ken Kesey who wrote One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and how he spread the acid culture but also about his Merry Pranksters Neal Cassady from On The Road the Greatful Dead etc etc etc Great history book if you have any interest in the counter culture!

R

REDEYE_420

My favourite drug books......................

My favourite drug books......................

Hi Solarz, here's a few for you...

Cocky:The Rise And Fall Of Curtis Warren. (Cracking story of Curtis Warrens role in the Liverpool drug scene)

Druglord by Graeme Johnson. (John Haase and the Liverpool Coke trade-Amazing story of how our Home Secretary was bribed)

Gang War by Peter Walsh. (Manchester street gangs and the Crack trade)

Marching Powder by Rusty Young (Thomas McFadden Bolivian jail/Coke smuggling)

Escobar:As told by his brother Roberto Escobar (No introduction needed here)

Blowback by Lee Bullman (Aussie Ganja smuggler)

Druglords: The Rise And Fall Of The Cali Cartel (Really good book)

Kilo 17 & Lima 3 by Harry Ferguson. (Customs angle on stopping major drug smugglers)

I enjoyed all of these books, there are still loads of other books out there that I want to read too.
The best book I've read by far about Cannabis Smuggling was MR NICE by Howard Marks. After reading it I challenge you to not want to become a Cannabis Smuggler as soon as you put the book down :biggrin:

Hope you enjoy some of the recommendations.

Peace. REDEYE.

I know its not a book but if you liked fear and loathing then you will probably like where the buffalo roam with bill murray, good movie.

solarz

Thanks redeye....and i feel that same exact way about MR. NICE. I've actually read the book many times, and refer back to it repeatedly for "advice". LOL.

Thanks again for the recommendations...i'll have to check some of those (probably all of those) out.

solarz

R

REDEYE_420

No probs solarz! Enjoy.

The Mr Nice movie is out soon too, I cant wait!

Peace.

R

rmcc-luke

Whats up IC,

I'm in search of a few books that are weed related. By this i mean books such as Mr. Nice, the book about the Black Tuna gang, etc...shit like that. I'm up for a few good reads, and i REALLY like reading about this type of stuff. And actually it doesn't necessarily have to be about weed...other contraband is cool :). Thanks for the help IC...and Happy Holidays! :santa1:

solarz

Dank: the Quest for the Very Best Marijuana

is a great book, with good write up's

Contrabando

Contrabando

I got this book called

Contrabando: Confessions of a Drug Smuggling Texas Cowboy

Synopsis :

Don Henry Ford Jr. used to smuggle marijuana from mexico through the southwestern part of Texas ...around Presidio county area, during the 80's.

During his smuggling escapades he was on the lamb from the DEA, the Mexican Federales, Mexican drug lords who dont fuck around as we all know, and of course himself, which is another aspect to this short book that makes it a quick and interesting read. Fun too.

Interesting Notes:

Theres a recipe in the book on how to make traditional frijoles refritos, texmex translation means refried beans. Its a recipe my grandmother used to follow and its great. He writes how he ate day after day of nothing but refried beans and corn tortillas while on the lamb from US authorities, living in Mexico growing high quality sativa on land fronted to him by his Mex drug cartel buddies.

my only gripe about the book, or I should say writer, is that he used the word "Marijuana" too much, but Ford being solely a marijuana smuggler couldnt help it I suppose.

Latest posts

Latest posts