What's new

pot size for autos outdoors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
In my experience yield-wise you'll gain very little going over 2 gal.
Doubling the pot size will hardly double the yield. So double the plants and use a little less soil for each one.

Peace

=K

Xtensity

Well.... I saw this one guy grow in little red party cups/beer cups, which you call them..... he had them in his PC case, and his LowRyder2's got pretty decent size for such a small growing medium....blew my mind honestly lol.

Here's a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2IhGmJnMIE

I'm actually not sure how many days into them he made this video, so could be half month or right before harvest, not sure.

So aslong as you have a hole big enough from 1 single shovel digging(1 time), then you should be fine honestly...

If you have tons of seeds from a seed run breeding after buying your first set... then you should have more then enough to simply just spread tons of these little fuckers throughout the forest.. They'll be very small, hardly noticeable and chances are helicopters wont even be able to see them. You would get tons of bud, minimal hole digging etc.... This is actually what I am planning to do after this seed run I just started.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Muddy - when its all done maybe we can show pics of root balls to show how crowded roots get in 1 or 2 gal and how big things get in 3 or 5 gal?

My Mi5 in a 5 gal bag produced 74 grams. Theres no way she would have done that in a 1 gal pot/bag. Forget wasting soil, lets talk about wasting plants/wasting yield by not using enough soil.

If what you want is super discrete and super small yield, then keep them in 16 oz cups. If you want enough bud to last more than a day or two, then use at least 2 gal.

man, this 300-320 grams i just pulled from 30 1-1.5 foot tall plants in 16 oz cups really sucks. i better use bigger cups next time.

Last edited:
man, this 300-320 grams i just pulled from 30 1-1.5 foot tall plants in 16 oz cups really sucks. i better use bigger cups next time.

WOW!!!!...a whole 10 GRAMS PER PLANT!!!!!!......man...I guess I better go down to 16 ounce cups from 3 gallons...my 3 gallons usually get at least 35grams per plant and thats on the low side...so lets do the math........even on the low side...I would only have to do about 10 plants to your 30......so...yeah...being a smart ass is not always the best way to go about things,just a thought....:ying:

and if your plants are a foot and a half high and you are only getting 10 grams per plant then I would consider that to be a problem garden...but again...just my opinion

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
haven't really measured it all yet. just a hypothesis to the amount from a 3 inch nug that was cut early, that weighed 5 grams dry. some of the plants were runts and some grew to a good size for the limited grow space. it's difficult to grow 3 foot plants in a 2x2x4 grow box. have you even grown autos yet? or are you just spewing off what you have read?

Last edited:
it's difficult to grow 3 foot plants in a 2x2x4 grow box.

and you continue to prove my point........:tiphat:.....the thread is called pot size for autos OUTDOORS......again...if we were talking about micro grows here then we wouldnt be talking about bigger pot sizes because thats the whole point of micro size grows.....my opinion as usual....:)

not only that but ACBract just told you he got 74 grams with 5 gallon size...what part of that is hard for you guys to understand...OUTDOORS GO WITH BIGGER POTS!!!..lol

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
too many newbie retards in this auto forum. it's hilarious. i'm done trying to explain what i have learned from real life experiments. you guys will continue to do what you want, so it's pointless.

Last edited:
too many newbie retards in this auto forum. it's hilarious.

I dont see why when someone clearly makes an ass out of himself he is so quick to call some names......sir...you are the one talking about 16 ounce cups for pot sizes in an outdoor thread....clearly their is only one retard here....oh...and newbie I am not...but...its hard for people of your intelligence to understand these things..........:)

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you are obviously not the legal age to be on this website.

to the O.P. there are different auto strains that will require different amount of root space. what strain are you going to be growing?

Last edited:
you are obviously not the legal age to be on this website.

once again...you continue to prove my point with your obvious disregard for others peoples opinion and respect....so go on with your badass educated self...talk to us about growing AF ;s in 16oz cups outside.......I am all ears!.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there's opinion and there's fact kid. it will help you in life to get to know both of them.

Last edited:

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
these posts will all be deleted when s-h gets on here but anyways....... have you even grown a single auto flowering marijuana plant yet?

Last edited:
these posts will all be deleted when s-h gets on here but anyways....... have you even grown a single auto flowering marijuana plant yet?

Well...if you used your brain....you would be able to see what I have currently going....as for me being a kid...you can assume what you want...but I can assure you that I was born before the 80's.........that might be simple enough math for you to figure......:bump:

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
insulting me didn't answer the question. it actually leads me to believe that you've never seen a weed plant in person

insulting me didn't answer the question. it actually leads me to believe that you've never seen a weed plant in person

your right man....please teach me the ways to grow big buds outside in 16oz cups..thats what the thread is about...so get to it......shut the heck up and get to it.....

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire let alone try to explain to your thick headed skull the benefits to not using such big pots but then again you would see....if you read the entire thread......that i already stated there are current auto strains that would require a bigger size pot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.