What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pot Schools Train People for Cannabis Jobs

Skip

Veteran
With so many entrepreneurs opening new dispensaries in states across the US, navigating the maze of legal issues has become quite a headache. To address this problem, a new type of canna-business has emerged to educate and train those who want to open a medical marijuana dispensary or collective and people who want to work in a cannabis related business.

Here's a story from Colorado about three new "marijuana institutes" that aim to help those wanting to get involved in the medical marijuana field.

In case you haven't noticed, ICMag now has an Employment forum where such jobs are listed.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2009/10/the_new_pot_biz_marijuana_inst.php

GrüneErd

damn man this is awesome. i've been pursuing a horticultural degree in hopes of using it one day to work in a cannabis-related business (or at least with some other amazing plants) and it's really cool to see there're new avenues and likeminded people who are taking "legit" action now in an effort to continue and contribute to the culture and plant that we all love so much.

O

Organic-Dank

this is awesome i never thought this day would come or this soon i hope they make it medical is all states...

b8man

Veteran
As MMJ creeps onto the legal side of the fence, we can expect a lot of these new businesses. Soon there'll be cannabis psychologists, cannabis health advisors, personal cannabis trainers, professors of cannabis-ology etc etc

Let's just hope it's not a trap.

Skip

Veteran
oooh, oooh, personal cannabis trainers, I like the sound of that! ;)

Let's turn all those drug rehab centers into cannabis treatment centers!

Instead of making ppl pay thousands to go thru rehab (to avoid jail time), we treat drug offenders with marijuana, ibogane, and other therapies, especially designed to wean ppl off their prescription drug addictions!