What's new

Postman's Grow Show #4 (feat. H3ad Seeds Trainwreck Bx1)

Kool

Quick question for you Postman, Are you still running autopots? if so, can you shoot me your list of nutes and medium?

I just had a bad swing in PH on my system, and im about ready to try something else.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Holy shit.... When the fuck did harvesting become so much fucking work. Where the fuck did my passion go? My adhd ass can't sit down for the day it'd take to get the shit done... It's gotta be those damn new bubble bags.... Making my ass lazy:1help:

I'm thinking about hiring the landscapers, so I can smoke hash and watch... No wonder there are whole countries who smoke nothing but hash.. It'd be so easy to put these ladies through the chipper, and then into the washing machine:joint: If it was all about getting high I'd do it.. Though Flavor, the scent, and the beauty of a nicely grown, trimmed, dried, and cured bud means to much to me.

All right, nuff of my whining. Time to get back to my yob mang:joint: I'll pack a bowl, put on some marley, and get through it knowing how lucky I truely am.. Back in the day I woulda trimed em all for an eighth..

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Quick question for you Postman, Are you still running autopots? if so, can you shoot me your list of nutes and medium?

I just had a bad swing in PH on my system, and im about ready to try something else.

I haven't used those in a while bro.. Not because they're bad units or anything.. Mostly because it was easier at the time to run a few starins at once perpetually using containers of medium.

For those I would use a light hydroponic medium.. Perilite/coco 50/50 works well, so does perilte/vermiculite 75/25. Straight perilite has been known to work well in those units too, though I never tried myself. At the time I was using the a-pots I was running botonicares pure blend pro line, though now that I'm using general hydroponic flora series it would probably be what I'd choose to use if I was to start using the system again.. GH seems to work etremely well as the ph keeps pretty stable over time.. You really have to watch with adding additives with organic ingredients in the formula. the ph will swing, and will be much harder to control as the organic materials break down in the res over time.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Thanks Drpressure, glad you enjoyed reading through this grow journal, and checking out the pics.. I'll be putting up a few dry bud pics withen the next couple days... 2 plants are in the jars curing up, and the remaining two were harvested yesterday.

Yeah Kool I'm useing 12qt square maxipots to finish my ladies off in.. I use either botonicares cocogro or GH's cocotek compressed coco coir blocks with a couple handfulls of perilte added for good measure.. worked well this run.. After my next run I plan on picking up an ebb n flo tray, so I can build a drip manifold, and automate my feedings and make a life a lil easier

Kool

Thanks Drpressure, glad you enjoyed reading through this grow journal, and checking out the pics.. I'll be putting up a few dry bud pics withen the next couple days... 2 plants are in the jars curing up, and the remaining two were harvested yesterday.

Yeah Kool I'm useing 12qt square maxipots to finish my ladies off in.. I use either botonicares cocogro or GH's cocotek compressed coco coir blocks with a couple handfulls of perilte added for good measure.. worked well this run.. After my next run I plan on picking up an ebb n flo tray, so I can build a drip manifold, and automate my feedings and make a life a lil easier

Go full hydro like me, let the H&G nutes do there thing, and enjoy a 5oz plant :)

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Here are couple of pics of the dry buds from plant #2. This one so far is the better of the 2 I harvested, and smoked a lil of.. This pheno only took 3 days in the jar after drying to regain some of the awesome scent I smelling late in flower.. Smokes really smooth too for being pretty much fresh off the plant..

I still have 2 other plants yet to smoke, and about a good month of cure, and a good bit of smokin before I will clearly have my winner or possibly winn-ers if I'm lucky... Real interested in this one number #2, and pheno/plant #4 which was the oddball of the bunch with thinner sativa-ish leaves in flower and the more tropical smell to her. 3 days on the drying rack, and she stinks something lovely. The first plant I harvested has yet to really come around in cure, but it's getting there... doesn't mean much at less then 7 days in the jar...3 days to good smell n flavor is on par with my wonder diesel keeper, and thats a pretty special trait IMO.. If it's anything like her it should Just get better n better... Like candy:joint:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
These twbx1's make absolutely A+ bubble hash. Straight up lemon pledge flavor.. Unreal... The flavor/smell is unbelievably strong despite the process of being soaked-washed in ice water. This strain like my wonder diesel I suspect to have a good bit of alcohol soluable terps which dont seem to wash out as easily. With some strains the good flavor/scent gets almost totally washed out with the water in the bubble hash making process, but A piece of the tw hash in a sealed container smells almost just as good as the buds. Those citrus terps are the yummy ones IMO :rasta:

This last batch as you can see was pretty darn pure... I hand mixed this batch instead of using the electric mixer and it came out much much purer. The second run I did with the mixer to ensure I got it all, but the first hand mixed batch was creamy white when I pulled the bags. For some reason though the 73-75bag that came with my kit doesn't work as well as my older kit.. With this new set all the good stuff is found in the last 25micron bag.. Gonna try and see if I can purchase the bags seperately and pick up the 45bag which I'm assuming with this kit would be very pure..
picture.php

picture.php

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
That's how it's supposed to look!

Your mixer is to violent?

Thanks bro.. Yeah I suppose it is to strong... It's a cheap $10 walmart special with 5 speeds all not much slower then the next LOL.. I tried it with one beater, and still ended up with what I felt was to much green in the end product.. It's either the mixer is to strong or as I mentioned the 75micron bag that came with my kit is just not doing a really good job. Still getting descent bubble though.. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the #45 bag seperate as I'm thinking that's what's needed to make this kit complete.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
This is without question some of the better smelling herb I have had the oppurtunity to grow. Mind you these buds are right off the drying rack going into cure today... These buds are off my plant #4, the more tropical smelling lemon-mango scented plant. The only thing the dry process brought to these buds was an earthy choclotate like aroma that mixes with the stronger lemony-mago tropical fruit flavor just perfectly. Not sure if it's going to keep that earthy aspect through cure, but either way I'm real interested to see how these develop throughout the cure. They are already pretty damn complex.. If I was into that sort of thing I could certainly bring them to market today and wow folks with the smell, and bag appeal..

If the high follows suit with the smell I prolly got myself a couple keepers:woohoo: Plant #2 which I suspected from the beginning, and this #4 which was a total surprise as it seemed to take a lil longer to begin flowering (ended up within 5 days of the others) , and just grew/looked a lil different then the others. Gonna have to try a different grow technique with this one to see if I can get a better yield from her. I'm pretty darn sure leaving her to grow natural was not the best approach:wink: I leave all my ladies from seed to grow pretty natural the first time through as I select my keepers though..

Pic does them no justice:smoke:
picture.php

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
Sounds and looks like a good keeper. The buds in the above post are so frosty mister postman. I bet they smoke great!

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Seems to be D rock.. Gotta give them a thorough cure, and smoke test before I ultimately deside, but so far #2 & #4 sure look and smell like the keepers of the bunch so far.

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats MP...Lovely looking harvest you got here...#4 description is like dream weed for me. Tropical, sweet, but still earthy...poifect...Bang up job on this grow bro, I wish I could'a smell them while they were growing, hell, I wish I could smell them now!!! Gimme a shout bro...It's June!

DemonsGate

This is without question some of the better smelling herb I have had the oppurtunity to grow. Mind you these buds are right off the drying rack going into cure today... These buds are off my plant #4, the more tropical smelling lemon-mango scented plant. The only thing the dry process brought to these buds was an earthy choclotate like aroma that mixes with the stronger lemony-mago tropical fruit flavor just perfectly.

Ahhhh sounds so good. I'm glad you found some keepers, I hope to have some luck finding some keepers with my current grow, the plants are in veg, it seems like such a long way to go.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Good luck finding some keepers Demonsgate

Yeah Neon I was really taken back with how flavorful the bubble was, and how strong it smelled too.. It seems those strains with the lemon-citrus scents do the best in that regard IMO.. At least I like those flavors anyway..

I'm sure your flowers are smelling just as nice Meltingpot. Those Og kush bx seed plants look and sound killer. I'd be down for popping a few of those ecsd/og kush bx1 seeds ya plan to make:smile: Anything kush really as it's still a rarety for my garden (hope to score some crosses from the capt. tomorrow)...How bout we swap hehehe. You run my Wonder Diesel/Chemdogs, and I'll run your ecsd/og's :rasta: I wanna get some wonder diesel x twbx1's seed made as well. see how what just may be my best two lemony strains combine together...

Wonder diesel/Chemdog bud
picture.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Amazing, amazing, amazing. Awesome grow and the buds so far look top shelf. Hope the cure does wonders for them as they already sound pretty damn good.

Quite the talent, Postman. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Latest posts