What's new

post your photos - best grows using fewest watts

post your photos - best grows using fewest watts

• Total voters

TexasToker

Man, just ignore the hate...

Grow your shit with your christmas lights and tell us. A lot of people must be hand fed money and have no concept of the value. I started with 46w total CFLs, back when CFLs were stupid expensive (like LEDs are now) Sure, I grew nice cannabis, but when I went to MH/HPS the change in yield was MASSIVE!

Do what you can do, with what you have, that is the beauty of it! You grow with very low watt LED and get .25 oz out of a plant(prob a bit more ;) ), then go up to CFLs and LEDs, eventually everyone gets at least one MH or HPS lamp. They can be as low as 70w I think.

ICAN

Right on. Yeah, there are many goals for growing, and most of us likely base grows on a combination. What is an obvious need to one person, might not be the same for someone else.
Some people want short grow times, others don't care. Some want low odor, while others want high smell. Some want short plants, others want tall. And some want a lot of yield, while others are happy with just an adequate amount.

And that's just about the bud... the process of growing can be a fun hobby too. It's the same as gardening really. I get fairly amped about different gardening techniques, both the simple ones and the complex ones, and I wouldn't choose to magically just have the food appear.. I enjoy the experimenting with the process and trying different things.

The 1 square foot challenge is pretty close to this thread. The goal there is about approaching minimal space. This one is for approaching minimal wattage. Using more than 1 sq foot can help yield, but that's not the goal. I'd say the real goal, is experimenting, and fun.

No one is hating. Just stating some facts. If you want to do it, that is your thing i don't care. It's just that personally i think at some point you are sacrificing tons of quality to have a smaller than necessary grow.

I don't think 20W would even be enough for buds to form, and if they do you are going to get incredibly wispy buds i would think. I mean as a project it would be cool to see how low wattage you can go to grow buds but i just couldn't see a purpose if you are growing for personal stash. 70W or so is probably as low as you are going to get realistically, for personal smoke atleast.

I mean, i'm just telling you what i think is realistic. I'm not trying to bash anyone who micro-grows. I myself started with a tiny grow, infact i used two 42watt 2700K CFL's for flowering. The buds were pretty airy, but it was my first grow and the bud was decent. I used bagseed. I used a 125W CFL for my following grow, and switched to HPS/MH my third grow.

kcbudz31

I got about an eighth off a 23w bagseed grow, LST'd the crap out of it and grew it in a cup around the bulb. Was good fun, first try ever.

Now have 158w of mixed spectrum, it's lots better. :)

lol, you are severely exaggerating with the "hundred of pounds". You would need a hell of a lot more than a few thousand watts to be harvesting that much. You don't need a warehouse to have a few thousand watts of light.

He's got a point though. Sure, you COULD grow some plants on a few watts but why? It's pretty pointless when a 70w or 150w HPS should be more than small enough for anyones situation.

And just as much care goes into smaller grows? I don't think so. I only use a 1000W, and taking care of 12-16 full size plants at once is not that easy. The smaller the grow, the easier it is to care for them IMO.

Nothing against micro growers, i'm just saying i think you are a little off on some things.
i was talking about the upper levels of commercial growing, simply to provide the clearest differentiation between commercial growing and micro. if we were out to get the biggest, dankest harvest and make the biggest profit, we wouldn't be trying to cram a grow into a space our heads can barely fit in. in this subforum you're pretty much only going to find grows that are hobbies more than anything else. and in terms of overall work, sure, there's more to be done with 2kw and 30 plants than with 60w and 1, but the attention given to growing the plants as well as possible does not diminish with wattage.
Fidel, I wasn't hating at all! I'm actually reading this thread as comedy!!! After reading the title, "What is the fewest watts you have seen used for a 'good' complete grow?" and seeing the first voting option of less than 5 watts, it was like good and 5 watts, LMAO!!! No Hate! JUST COMICAL!!! Closet growing was my specialty when I first started so I don't diss it, but 5 watts? 10 watts? 15 watts? Okay so at least bring it up to the average light bulb 50-75 watts as the first option, please remember, 2400 watts is still small growing...

By the way, I'm no Mr. BigShot at all, just Aero...
my bad then, i misread your post

SlevinK

Okay, now this ish is getting rediculous... Least amount of wattage used for a complete grow??? WoW, you guys are so bored!!! Well, let me put my vote in, oh wait, they don't a 2400 watt complete grow option, damn, there's goes another one...

I'm thinking you were kidding all along, hahaha.

Waiting for someone to come up with a Barbie and Ken sized grow room :biggrin:

I'm currently using a 90watt ProSource LED for some veggin', but purchasing a 600w HPS shortly. I am looking forward to the increased advancement of LED's!

P

PastorJ

I am very intrested in low electric grows. I have only 1,112.5 Watts in my total set up & just about everything I had to get to make it work properly. My equipment list is as follows:
#1. 1, High Pressure Sodium Light - 600 watts
#2. 1, Hydro Farm Commercial T5 4FT 6 Tube Fixture - 324 watts
#3. 1, Windtunnel 6in Exhaust Fan - 70 watts
#4. 1, Hydro Farm Heating Matt - 17 watts
#5. 2, 6in Axel Fans - 24 watts a piece
#6. 2, Small Clip Fans - 24 watts a piece
#7. 1, HPS Light Mover - 5.5 watts
Here is a picture of Northern Lights #5 - 30 Days into Flower
picture.php

Last edited:
i was talking about the upper levels of commercial growing, simply to provide the clearest differentiation between commercial growing and micro. if we were out to get the biggest, dankest harvest and make the biggest profit, we wouldn't be trying to cram a grow into a space our heads can barely fit in. in this subforum you're pretty much only going to find grows that are hobbies more than anything else. and in terms of overall work, sure, there's more to be done with 2kw and 30 plants than with 60w and 1, but the attention given to growing the plants as well as possible does not diminish with wattage.

my bad then, i misread your post

So you don't want good quality for bud you are going to be smoking yourself? You keep going back to the commercial growing thing, i'm not talking about commercial growing. I'm talking about people growing for hobby, just like you are. But at some point, you are severely sacrificing quality to make a tiny grow. Unless you grow bud just to stare at it.

I'm not bashing micro grows at all, i don't know how many times i need to say that. I'm just saying, trying to go much lower than 70w's is going to give you very wispy buds, and i'm not even sure if a plant could grow properly with much less than 30-40 watts.

I got two ounces from 72 watts. Here's a pic. Peace!:smokey:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Those look nice man, 2 oz. is great for 72 watts. You must have your techniques down well.

Is it a nirvana strain in those pics? Just wondering because that raspberry hue color came out in alot of the Nirvana strains i have grown.

P

PastorJ

Nice looking purple to those gals! Very Tasty looking! I built my lab much larger but still managed ta keep the watts down. Pretty neat you did that for under 80 watts. Way cool!

P

PastorJ

Is the Purple 12/12 from seed or a clone? Is that total watts for your Flower room/box or complete set up? Veg Flower etc?

I am very intrested in low electric grows. I have only 1,112.5 Watts in my total set up & just about everything I had to get to make it work properly. My equipment list is as follows:
#1. 1, High Pressure Sodium Light - 600 watts
#2. 1, Hydro Farm Commercial T5 4FT 6 Tube Fixture - 324 watts
#3. 1, Windtunnel 6in Exhaust Fan - 70 watts
#4. 1, Hydro Farm Heating Matt - 17 watts
#5. 2, 6in Axel Fans - 24 watts a piece
#6. 2, Small Clip Fans - 24 watts a piece
#7. 1, HPS Light Mover - 5.5 watts
Here is a picture of Northern Lights #5 - 30 Days into Flower
picture.php
fewest light watts...600w doesn't really fit :p

ICAN

I'm not bashing micro grows at all, i don't know how many times i need to say that. I'm just saying, trying to go much lower than 70w's is going to give you very wispy buds, and i'm not even sure if a plant could grow properly with much less than 30-40 watts.

SweetIndica, the new poll put up raises an aspect... the amount of space matters too. 70 watts for a 1'x 1' x1' cab could do fine.

There are some threads of microgrows using less than 30 that look surprising (just reading a 23 watts led grow now).

The point of this thread is to see what has already been done with low wattage.

P

PastorJ

My apoligies. I thought this would be a proper place to post in didnt mean ta post improperly. I must have miss read the post.
a 'good' complete grow is what prob threw me off. I didnt realize it was just for flower room only.

ICAN

no problem my friend & welcome aboard,

Actually I was referring to veg and flower, and I do guess that a 'good grow' is very subjective. I mean as long as someone's satisfied with a sub-100 watt grow, then it fits in this thread. Even a yield of a few grams, as long as someone's happy about it, it's an example of how few watts can produce an enjoyable grow for someone.

If someone got 10 grams from a 1 watt lighting, I'd find that pretty neat. It's the geek, academic side of it all also.

Latest posts

Latest posts