What's new

Possible nute deficiency? Help please (Pics)

calmag is ok in coco if your using distilled h20, ive done that for years with the house and gardens line which is similar to canna. once a week or so 3-5 ml per galon your all good! Sweet has high mag in also so if your leaves aret getting that light green tip but no cal spots sweets ok in veg too. All the nute lines are just general safe instructions. You can tweak them around as your plants tell u what they need.

Snow Crash

Veteran
HHULKK - Thanks for clarifying!

40yrs - Honestly, I haven't done any research on my tap water. What could I do to test the quality to see if it would be suitable for my grow? What levels of cal/mag would you suggest for growing in coco? Sorry for bombarding you with all these questions. Just a curious new grower that is trying to learn the true science behind this! So any way you could break things down for me would be awesome :)

Hey Man,
These are kind of new. Only $17:

Watersafe Hydroponics Test Kit

For a quick at home test at a reasonable price it can definitely provide some insight. Tests for Iron, pH, Hardness, Chlorine, Bacteria, and Pesticides. Even water district reports can be misleading because they rely on an average. Knowing what's coming from your tap is the first step.

I like to keep my Calcium level up around 90-120ppm in coco. Higher during veg. Around day 30 of flowering I like to cut that back to around 50-60ppm to help make the K+Mag a little more available. Magnesium is in the 20-60ppm range. Lower through most of Veg but then peaking after the stretch in flowering.

Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus will add about ~0.1ec for every 1ml per gallon. In RO water I'll start with 2.5ml of Cal-Mag plus for a 0.25ec (~125ppm), then dress that up with Base nutrients and supplements. In flowering it's more like 2ml/gal until day 30 when I cut it out and rely on Epsom salts and Base nutrients for my Calcium and Magnesium tinkering.