What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Positives/Negatives for getting a Volcano/ROOR

Datruog

I am going off to college at UCSC pretty soon. I have the decision of buying a top of the line ROOR or a Volcano Vape as a going away present :wave:

I am torn between the two. I was pretty sure I wanted a volcano until I was told by several people that they raise your THC tolerance a lot to the point that Bong tokes don't get you that high anymore. A Volcano wouldn't stink up my dorm and it would be very sneaky vs. a giant bong; it would also be MUCH much better for my lungs. Although passing around a bong is much more convenient and fun than filling volc bags if I have friends over.

Do volcanos really raise your tolerance a lot? What are the opinions of you hardcore stoners? :chin: :joint:

Last edited:
I'd say get the Cano before the RooR but that's just me. You can conserve a lot more with a Volcano as opposed to a bong. 0.5g can get about 3 nice bags while that is only a snap or two in a bong. The bag is just as easy to pass around as a bong IMO, and less likely to break as well. Both can stink but smoking a lot stronger.

The issue with the tolerence.. I have no clue. Vaping has always seemed to get me higher than smoking, but bong vs. vape high is purely preference.

Last edited:
Why a Roor specifically? I mean, I am a Roor slut, but it needn't be a Roor specifically. Especially if you get a volcano, AND a cheap yet decent bong. Best of both worlds.
I find I have moods with respect to smoking. Mostly I prefer a joint. Occasionally a bong.
When I don't feel like doing anything for a few hours, I'll vape.

Bear that in mind.

Latitude18

I just built one of those heat gun and pipe and hose fitting, bag hitters ... took a hit of some good shit , and it worked great .. there is a Vaporizer thread back a fee pages here too you may want to chk out

Latitude18

Here She is Now

Here She is Now

.. here ya go , this is what I was talk'n about ( found it here in the tokers den and improved a lil )

Look Ma !!! No Hands !! ( well one hand anyway )

here is the whole thing - Plus a Lil Stoner treat , you see the roach clip ??? well thats my own design .. a 6 foot antena and gold clips from R/S, I've had one for 20yrs and never have to get off the couch to pass , 1 foot closed and 6 foot open , people love it

here is the 1" to 3/4" pc that attaches to the gun all ported and polished so the gun fits tight and i don't have to hold it

Don't remember who's design this is , but if I can track it down I'll edit it in

G

Um....I posted this design here at icmag however the inventor was carlos_smiles from OVERGROW

Latitude18

cool then I don't have to look back threw the pages for the thread ,,,, Oh yeah , Thanks to BOTH of you ... Less then 100 bucks

Datruog

I just mainly want to know if the tolerance thing is true. Does anyone know if smoking a vape constantly for a long time increases your tolerance anymore than a bong does?

If I can confirm that it doesn't then I will probably buy one.

Patch7

Datruog said:
I just mainly want to know if the tolerance thing is true. Does anyone know if smoking a vape constantly for a long time increases your tolerance anymore than a bong does?

If I can confirm that it doesn't then I will probably buy one.

No, THC is THC period. Your body will adjust to the THC period weather it is being inhaled via vape or smoke.. That is like saying will a heroin addict get less if he shoots or if he smokes.........

Datruog

are there any other chemicals in weed that contribute to your high other than the THC?

Like... will I be missing anything with a vape over a bong other than tarred up lungs?

Latitude18

it's kind'a like whip-its ( nitros ballons ) if i wasn't sit'n down when i did the last hit i did with mine , I would've fall'n down ... like I've seen so many times before

as for store bought ... I only know a few old models

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Dont believe the rumors, bongs never break when youre in college. Its a fact.

Datruog

Verite said:
Dont believe the rumors, bongs never break when youre in college. Its a fact.

i'm not clumsy, i'm not worried about breaking my bong. I'm just wondering if it would be more enjoyable to get a volcano or a $600 ROOR. I also have a nice grinder that would work nice with the volc.

Lmwfy

I personally think that tolerance does build up more to vaping if u only vape. Mixing up vaping and smoking seems the best way to keep getting both of the different kinds of highs that each provide...My advice: Get the RooR, and a cheaper Vape, possibly a Vapolution or a Vapor Bros.

Vapor-bongins the best

Latest posts

Latest posts