What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Positive Air Pressure Prevents Pests and the Need to Spray.

weedemart

They do this because the positive pressure prevents external contaminants from entering the growing room and the contaminants are sequestered in a neutral zone.This makes maintenance easier and reduces the chances of contamination in theory.

Last edited:

Ca++

They do this because the positive pressure prevents external contaminants from entering the growing room and the contaminants are sequestered in a neutral zone.This makes maintenance easier and reduces the chances of contamination in theory.
Yes, I get that pressurising the space from a clean air source, means other air getting in from a lower pressure area is unlikely. It's like blowing up a balloon, and letting it fly around the room. Air is leaving that open balloon, and the chances of any getting in are very low. I have worked in and on clean rooms, in both drugs research and medical settings.

you can just circulate ambiant air into a filter for odors
Putting a fan and filter in a room, just recirculating, offers no influence over air leaving. This is a common mistake with sealed rooms, that are not well sealed. Even a sealed room should be under negative pressure, using a carbon. If your goal is odor control. If the room is truly sealed, no air will leave through the carbon anyway.

I write from a country where escaping smell is more of an issue than dirt ingress. I realise becoming legal in some places has changed peoples attitudes there. Here though, you are likely to get robbed or busted if the smell gets out. It's better to loose a crop to something easier to recover from.

Security is often low on peoples list of priorities, until they loose a few teeth in a hostage situation. I'm too old and too wise to have smell leave in any direction, other than through a filter.

The 1.4 and 1.2 gives you the 1.4 of positive pressure, so you get the displacement you want, without that being smelly air being displaced. You can have positive pressure without the risks, if you do it right.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, I get that pressurising the space from a clean air source, means other air getting in from a lower pressure area is unlikely. It's like blowing up a balloon, and letting it fly around the room. Air is leaving that open balloon, and the chances of any getting in are very low. I have worked in and on clean rooms, in both drugs research and medical settings.

Putting a fan and filter in a room, just recirculating, offers no influence over air leaving. This is a common mistake with sealed rooms, that are not well sealed. Even a sealed room should be under negative pressure, using a carbon. If your goal is odor control. If the room is truly sealed, no air will leave through the carbon anyway.

I write from a country where escaping smell is more of an issue than dirt ingress. I realise becoming legal in some places has changed peoples attitudes there. Here though, you are likely to get robbed or busted if the smell gets out. It's better to loose a crop to something easier to recover from.

Security is often low on peoples list of priorities, until they loose a few teeth in a hostage situation. I'm too old and too wise to have smell leave in any direction, other than through a filter.

The 1.4 and 1.2 gives you the 1.4 of positive pressure, so you get the displacement you want, without that being smelly air being displaced. You can have positive pressure without the risks, if you do it right.

This is excellent advice! Even in legal states it’s still a good idea to control your smell of possible. Just to be polite to neighbors.