What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

popcorn sized buds for humidity resistance

S

Sertaiz

what strains do you know of that produce a good little nug like a purple urkle? that doesnt have that area inside to mold/mildew.... sticky and can harvest before true potential.

Urkle was a perfect size of nug, hard to find. :tiphat:

St. Phatty

A good way to look at it - the buds aren't just smaller, they're more mold resistant !

I dealt with mold (purposely) on 3 plants because I let them go ... and go. Actually I have 2 plants that are still alive.

S

Sertaiz

ya it seems where i am outdoors nothing goes to true potential, noone is looking for amber trichomes because its a pull it before it rots faster than it is growing kinda thing.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
My ongoing lemon tree grow has turned my conventional wisdom about bud mold, upside down.

Among the dozen sativa-indica hybrid lemon scented trees growing in my swamp patch, I have found zero mold on the squat plants with dense nuggets, that appear to have the most indica content, BUT, on the one plant that stands out for being really tall and leggy, with tiny budlets forming in classic sativa-leaning appearance, there suddenly appeared several moldy buds literally overnight, despite there being no rain here this time of year.

Picked off the moldy buds, and watching that plant like a hawk, to see if I might need to put it out of its misery long before those tiny buds are anywhere close to mature.

I really wish I had been more diligent with labeling ALL my plants, because then I would know which specific genetics to avoid due to mold issues in the future.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
My ongoing lemon tree grow has turned my conventional wisdom about bud mold, upside down.

Among the dozen sativa-indica hybrid lemon scented trees growing in my swamp patch, I have found zero mold on the squat plants with dense nuggets, that appear to have the most indica content, BUT, on the one plant that stands out for being really tall and leggy, with tiny budlets forming in classic sativa-leaning appearance, there suddenly appeared several moldy buds literally overnight, despite there being no rain here this time of year.

Picked off the moldy buds, and watching that plant like a hawk, to see if I might need to put it out of its misery long before those tiny buds are anywhere close to mature.

I really wish I had been more diligent with labeling ALL my plants, because then I would know which specific genetics to avoid due to mold issues in the future.
Those ones were already molded, they were molding from the inside out, by the time it was visually affected it's too late.

Latest posts

Latest posts