What's new

poor mans setup...Deadwood!

Poor man what's goodie ?? How you handling air exchange homie? If you're using a 4in vortex type maybe step up to 6in? Stay peacin homie

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
don't have time to read ..

but GO with hydro.. sounds like complication. organics with what i think I read hydrogen peroxide? and then biological control into the "soup"

I would really only suggest hardcore people organic hydro. also if you want to, you should have a bio filter, anything as in a place for bacteria, like a sponge in the res..

good luck

don't have time to read ..

but GO with hydro.. sounds like complication. organics with what i think I read hydrogen peroxide? and then biological control into the "soup"

I would really only suggest hardcore people organic hydro. also if you want to, you should have a bio filter, anything as in a place for bacteria, like a sponge in the res..

good luck

thanks for the well wishes habeeb! yeah the organics has been a rough ride but i have learned a lot along the way and looks good right now! as far as a bio filter ...would a filter wheel.... like for a fish tank work?

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
hey Joly lookin good!!!! try some dryer sheets laid around for the Gnats..Dunks in nylons keep pieces out of your pump..your RW is prob where the little natbastards are thriving..when doing any rez cleanup use next to boiling water ( not on roots) roots can take hotter water than gnats,but to hot water also kills plants..
With your setup I would remove any leaf that shows problems...more light,less places for problems to take hold..

Deadwood?? clone only??? get some cuttings off those gurls soon,and pass them OUT...

hey Joly lookin good!!!! try some dryer sheets laid around for the Gnats..Dunks in nylons keep pieces out of your pump..your RW is prob where the little natbastards are thriving..when doing any rez cleanup use next to boiling water ( not on roots) roots can take hotter water than gnats,but to hot water also kills plants..
With your setup I would remove any leaf that shows problems...more light,less places for problems to take hold..

Deadwood?? clone only??? get some cuttings off those gurls soon,and pass them OUT...

Pal...all good advice!! thats a big ten-four was also thinking about some colloidal silver to hermie one of them and making some femenized seeds to share:)..i dont know i dont want to get too complicated on my first try...ya know.. but i think i can manage some cuttings.

does anyone know if they make a 70w hps grow spectrum lamp? i may be getting two fixtures/ballasts but dont want them if they are of no use to me.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
yes, i use one. i wouldn't bother with any colloidal silver and whatnot at this stage of the game. worry about finishing your grow and or cutting some clones.

If poor man could afford some better air exchange maybe you'd have an injection of freshness homie... Those deadwoods need to breathe !! Lemme say your babes look familiar to some well lit and poorly ventilated gardens I've seen

Stay peacin homies

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
go to 1000 bulbs dot com, they sell bulbs and ballasts cheap, but if you just wanna grab a 70w hps they have em at your local hardware store most likely. might cost you more and you have to rewire it, but they should have em at lowes, home depot, ace, whatever.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the well wishes habeeb! yeah the organics has been a rough ride but i have learned a lot along the way and looks good right now! as far as a bio filter ...would a filter wheel.... like for a fish tank work?

simpler, throw in a sponge like the green scrub ones, the very cheap ones..

day eleven flower looks amazing but i cant post any pics because my network card broke but i will get them up asap!...bonus...only saw like ten bugs today and i managed to kill five of them so compared to the two hundred or so i had just a couple days ago i would say that is some progress!

Update!

Update!

So! day fifteen looks great! I am beyond excited! bought some new toys over the weekend because my timer broke....thankfully i was standing there waiting for my lights to come on so no damage done just had to plug them in manually..but ended up with a couple other things..

on the plus side i tried every thing that everyone has suggested about the bugs including the strips above and as of yesterday i didnt see any!! still fighting some yellow leaves on laverne but growth looks great plus im hoping the foliar spray will help..take a look..days ten through fifteen

and some pics of my ghetto rig i was able to snap before the lights warmed up

again looks dangerous because it is...dont try this at home...always consult a qualified electrician!

gnome!

gnome!

Am i high or is there a garden gnome in there?

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts