What's new

Pond pump for tea aeration

O

OrganicOzarks

And the rest

Clearly smelling, and looking with the eye does not prove the existence of a "good" tea.

Z

Ziggaro

DAmn homie! That's sick looking wish I had a scope... I bet the tea is still good for your plants anyway!

So I'm giving up on the bucket I might come back to it later with a big pump if my plan doesn't work out.
I just started using a 2 liter soda bottle with the bottom cut off and a hole drilled through the lid to fit the tubing, that way I can cut down on dead spots b/c of the tapering.
If this doesn't work or ends up being too small I'm going to go the commercial route.

I made an airlift for the bucket as well as putting a stone in it but I am not seeing any signs of it brewing yet. I did give some to my plants cuz it smelled nice and I'm sure the free floating castings are still good.

OO do you have any links to the system you're using?

O

OrganicOzarks

DAmn homie! That's sick looking wish I had a scope... I bet the tea is still good for your plants anyway!

So I'm giving up on the bucket I might come back to it later with a big pump if my plan doesn't work out.
I just started using a 2 liter soda bottle with the bottom cut off and a hole drilled through the lid to fit the tubing, that way I can cut down on dead spots b/c of the tapering.
If this doesn't work or ends up being too small I'm going to go the commercial route.

I made an airlift for the bucket as well as putting a stone in it but I am not seeing any signs of it brewing yet. I did give some to my plants cuz it smelled nice and I'm sure the free floating castings are still good.

OO do you have any links to the system you're using?

The brewer is one that I have designed. They will be available sometime this year.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ozark; I don't wish to discourage you but I did not see any hyphae in your shots with the slim possibility that the one following the shot of the tea 'color' could be hyphae. Your first step should be to determine whether you have fungi in your [vermi]compost. If you do then something is not working to extract and grow it in your system. If you have hyphae, it is unmistakeable (as you may know)

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As I've said one can make a usable CT by stirring [vermi]compost in a bucket over the course of a day. If one wishes to make acceptable aerated CT then you really need to use the right sized air pump for the volume of water. I've covered this on my page but if you are using a small aquarium pump, stick with 2 gallons or less.

I agree with Ozark that 5 gallons ain't much. I very rarely dilute ACT. We used 1200 gallons undiluted on our farm for a 24x64 ft greenhouse and about 400 to 600 ft of 8 ft wide garden beds. I'd say that is around 15% of an acre....Hardly fits with the 5 gallons can do an acre or whatever it is. If one can use 5 gallons to water their plants, then they can use 5 gallons of ACT.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can use a water pump to make ACT. That is on my page too. I'd incorporate a venturi but as Sea pointed out, with a submersible watch the heat.

O

OrganicOzarks

Ozark; I don't wish to discourage you but I did not see any hyphae in your shots with the slim possibility that the one following the shot of the tea 'color' could be hyphae. Your first step should be to determine whether you have fungi in your [vermi]compost. If you do then something is not working to extract and grow it in your system. If you have hyphae, it is unmistakeable (as you may know)

I took about 50 pictures this morning, and these are the only ones that were presentable. I had a couple with some small hyphae strands, but you would not have been able to tell what they were.

I wish i could get the image that i see through the scope to show up on the pictures.:)

Practice makes perfect....

Z

Ziggaro

So I have my pond pump circulating and using a waterfall but it keeps clogging since I'm using free suspension for the compost. It unclogs easily but if it's left too long it gets too warm. Also with the testing about impeller pumps that you did I'm even more dubious.
Maybe 5 gallons wouldn't be too much if it's not necessary to dilute. I was looking at the pumps you recommend, Microbeman but it might be way too loud. One of those on a nice cone bottom tank would be nice. I'm doing the ghetto scaled down version now and it seems to work really well.

Latest posts

Latest posts