What's new

POLL: Will HB-1284 Cause Prices to Raise or Fall?

POLL: Will HB-1284 Cause Prices to Raise or Fall?

• Yes, Prices Will Go UP!

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No, Prices Will Be Driven DOWN!

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I don't know and I don't care.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dorje113

Whaddaya think?

If there are X number of dispensaries competing in the front range market, all of them legally allowed to grow as much as they want, this kind of competition could really drive prices down.

Others think there will be fewer dispensaries, and they will conspire to keep the prices high. I seriously doubt it, as not ALL dispensaries will go along with price fixing, plus it is illegal, and this industry is going to be closely monitored. If I owned a dispensary, I know I could make a lot of money AND sell $10 grams, $25 1/8ths, and $150 ozs.

Prices will rise since small growers wont be able to sell directly to patients if they're not their caregivers..... but selling will also go back underground. Everyone is worse off because of this aspect of 1284: local government won't get MMJ taxes, patients will pay more, and dispensaries will get fewer customers.

SoCoMMJ

Whaddaya think?

If there are X number of dispensaries competing in the front range market, all of them legally allowed to grow as much as they want, this kind of competition could really drive prices down.

But they can't grow as much as they want. They are still tied to the
6 plant /2oz per patient..unless some have larger doctor recs.

I believe that the infused product license allows you to grow unlimited, even without having any patients assigned.

Dorje113

But they can't grow as much as they want. They are still tied to the
6 plant /2oz per patient..unless some have larger doctor recs.

I believe that the infused product license allows you to grow unlimited, even without having any patients assigned.

I didn't think it was hard for dispensaries to get as many patients as needed to be legal.

Don't dispensaries need to provide for their own patients as well as walk-ins?