What's new

Poll: Do people lie about flowering times?

Poll: Do people lie about flowering times?

• Yes

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • No

Votes: 51 87.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

compost

Never lied and the only exception to the 12/12 as the start of flowering might be some autos? I couldn't say for sure I am doing my first auto's atm roadrunners. Some peoples pictures look huge but don't have good references to get a feeling how big the buds actually are. I have never lied on quantity although I can see differences for quantity not only from genetics but how far people dry and cure there bud.

whodair

Veteran
sour is 75 to 85 what the fucks a sour 60 ??

picture.php

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
I guarantee anything I post is as authentic as stated...

what would one gain by lying...

maybe some people that don't do as well are jealous and disbelieving others...

Puff on

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
one of my personalities said no, while the other said yes. but u need to take into account that one of them always lies...

hiker

maybe it would be more accurate for the seed companies to say this strain ripened in this amount of time given this set of conditions,most of us dont have the luxury of one plant per 1000w lamp in a completely dialed in room so to expect that same strain to perform the same under a 400w lamp with a half dozen other plants in less than ideal conditions is just silly...
Yeah, I have to agree, and not just the light, every grow is different and everyone has different micro-climates, even within the same room, so I have to believe strains will finish at different times for different growers. The real point is if your grow is always the same, then the strain should basically always finish in the same time for you, not the other person. Being consistant is probably the best thing any gardener can be IMHO. And to answer the question, here is another. What is the point in lying about pics or anything for that matter? Just worry about impressing yourself, not others.:ying:

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Personally I don't see what would be gained by this.. might as well post other peoples pictures and say what you want if all you're doing is trying to impress people with lies.. (that was way wordier than I intended). One thing I DO think happens (kinda off topic) is flower times quoted by vendors/breeders about their products. Not to mention pictures that are just bogus. One company I noticed recently using the same picture to promote 2 different strains.. make up your mind.. which one is it.. Ok.. I'll go back to my joint now..

mgk :tiphat:

fortitude

You can never truly know a persons motivations. Lying indicates malice or forethought.

I personally prefer over-ripened later running outdoors. I go as long as I can before pathogens take over. Some people pick to early or dont know when to pick.

The question should: be do breeders or cultivators under-estimate the flowering time of their wares?

In contemporary society we want it all: better, faster and stronger. Cannabis quality and experience being equal, I think we all would prefer the least amount of flowering time.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
One thing I wanted to mention about seed banks. They give you the earliest possible window stated for a reason.

Most of us prefer well ripened marijuana. But if you are freaking out somewhere in a tent in the woods, hearing imaginary choppers with a million dollar pot crop ready to go. Then you are probably going to want to know the earliest time you can harvest your stuff and have it still be worth something.

You probably are more concerned with the first day its ready to go than when its perfectly ripened. Many indoor pot growers don't have that concern, but to the old school style growers and where our culture came from it is a big deal. They wondered about the earliest window. Not the optimal date.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
motaco - Very good point. I was also referring to people in IC mag in general. But very good point about seed breeders.