What's new

Poetic Justice.

Rider420

Aleafia, started by ex-police, goes into creditor protection​

Published on July 26, 2023 by David Wylie

Aleafia buds are being inspected by workers
Photo: Contributed/AleafiaFreshly machine-trimmed buds from Aleafia's first harvest at its highly automated Niagara Greenhouse Facility.
Cannabis company Aleafia, which had former Toronto police chief and politician Julian Fantino among its founders, is now in creditor protection.

Fantino once compared legalizing weed to legalizing murder. He then went on to launch Aleafia with Raf Souccar, an undercover drug officer who later became director-general of the RCMP drugs and organized crime section. Both men stepped down as directors in 2020.

Lender RWB demanded that struggling Aleafia settle its debts.

The company announced this week it has been granted creditor protection by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice to restructure the business and financial affairs, as well as potentially seek a buyer.

“After careful consideration of all available alternatives and consultation with legal and financial advisors, the board of directors of each member of the Aleafia Group determined that it was in the best interest of the Aleafia Group and its stakeholders to seek creditor protection under the CCAA,” the company says.

Julian Fantino doesn’t regret jailing people for cannabis​

Fantino told the Toronto Sun in 2004 that legalization wouldn’t cut down on crime. Further, he told the paper: “I guess we can legalize murder too and then we won’t have a murder case.”

In a 2017 interview with CBC’s As It Happens, host Carol Off brough up Fantino’s police record.

“As chief of police in Toronto, you were very strict about drugs. You put people in jail. There are young people who are in jail because of people like you. You don’t see any contradiction between your past life as chief of police?”

Replied Fantino: “Not at all.”

“You’re making a huge mistake if you believe that I put everyone in jail that I came across that had marijuana. I gave all kinds of people all kinds of breaks,” he added.

Divvy, Emblem fall under Aleafia umbrella​

Aleafia sells cannabis in Canada, as well as Australia and Germany. It also operates a virtual medical cannabis clinic in Canada staffed by physicians and nurse practitioners.

The company owns three licensed cannabis production facilities and produces a diverse portfolio of products, including dried flower, pre-roll, milled, vapes, oils, capsules, edibles, sublingual strips, and topicals.

They sell under brand names Divvy, Emblem, Sunday Market, Bogart’s Kitchen, and Kin Slips.

The Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) is expected to halt trading.

Rider420

Julian Fantino is a total fucking hypocrite! Typical Greedy Conservative asshole.

"Fantino once compared legalizing weed to legalizing murder."

After saying that Fantino then opens a cannabis company proving what he is.

Julian Fantino like a typical facist pig thinks he is both judge and jury when deciding who to charge and who not to and yes it was by the color of thier skin!

“You’re making a huge mistake if you believe that I put everyone in jail that I came across that had marijuana. I gave all kinds of people all kinds of breaks,” he added."

BTW no surprise here Fantino was the Conservative Party of Canada Member of the Parliament of Canada for the riding of Vaughan following a November 29, 2010 by-election, until his defeat

Last edited:

Legalcdn

It does not matter what political party he was associated to.

Unfortunately he will not be hurt one little bit as the public traded CO is the entity to lose money.

He is protected from all his shit except for karma.

Blue Rhino

Julian Fantino is a total fucking hypocrite! Typical Greedy Conservative asshole.

"Fantino once compared legalizing weed to legalizing murder."

After saying that Fantino then opens a cannabis company proving what he is.

Julian Fantino like a typical facist pig thinks he is both judge and jury when deciding who to charge and who not to and yes it was by the color of thier skin!

“You’re making a huge mistake if you believe that I put everyone in jail that I came across that had marijuana. I gave all kinds of people all kinds of breaks,” he added."

BTW no surprise here Fantino was the Conservative Party of Canada Member of the Parliament of Canada for the riding of Vaughan following a November 29, 2010 by-election, until his defeat
Fantino is no different than all the ex-cops who formed businesses to help people fight drunk driving charges.
Get a fucking grip.

Rider420

Fantino is no different than all the ex-cops who formed businesses to help people fight drunk driving charges.
Get a fucking grip.
Yes these people are you like?. Drunks who drive and kill kids? LOL wow you really are a looser in every sense.

However, the most current fatality data for 2020 revealed an increase to 27.2%, with 447 Canadians killed in road crashes involving a drinking driver.

But unlike you I will be enjoying the fruits of my labour with 100% legal cannabis and tested MDMA all legal here in BC Canada but not in the rest of Canada lol.

Last edited:

Rider420

It does not matter what political party he was associated to.

Unfortunately he will not be hurt one little bit as the public traded CO is the entity to lose money.

He is protected from all his shit except for karma.
Yup we all know that people who belong to the Nazi party were good Christians eh.

Love how conservatives and republicans are sure that thier political parties are not anti cannabis but the facts prove otherwise with the cons saying that they would never legalize cannabis and only democratic states have legalized recreational cannabis. Freedom is about personal choice like doing drugs while facist fucks want to send you to jail for enjoying life in a way they too scared too. KARMA in action.