What's new

pm on my beautiful buds 3 weeks until harvest

D

drifting

i burn and know a few people that burn in flower. my/our buds never taste like sulfur. trick is to only do it for 15-20 minutes once every 1-2 weeks.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
also safer garden fungicide wettable sulfur has not sulfur smell & washes the pm right off, and wont burn pistill...

Yustoopit

Ok, I've been using green cure, it only works for a few days and then comes back. If I spray my ladies on the day before harvest, will the mildew come back while I'm drying them? How can I prevent the mildew come coming back while drying and doing the least amount of damage to the buds?

Yustoopit

Also, how do you tell the difference between mildew and crystals? I have a really frosty girl that has what looks to be mildew on some of the small sugar leaves but when I move it it doesnt fly all over like powder mildew should. Should I worry about it?

paulycali

I like to spray with a sulphur based spray. Just like the burner in a way but in a spray bottle. I think its made by safers end. Good luck and i hope for the best :)

the gnome

Veteran
I had PM hit me 5wks into bloom on my last harvest,
I caught it quick,
it was only on the leaves so that was good.
greencure with some H202 did the trick!

use the greencure-3 small scoops mixed with 1/3 cup h202 in a 32oz spray bottle water... spray all your plants...

your grow area needs a cleaning too...
easiest way get a antifungal bomb...Fungaflor.

pmedicate

I had PM hit me 5wks into bloom on my last harvest,
I caught it quick,
it was only on the leaves so that was good.
greencure with some H202 did the trick!

use the greencure-3 small scoops mixed with 1/3 cup h202 in a 32oz spray bottle water... spray all your plants...

your grow area needs a cleaning too...
easiest way get a antifungal bomb...Fungaflor.

Hey man thanks for the advice, I didnt think about that. Once my harvest is over, is that how can I get rid of pm for good? Do I still need to bleach or h2o2 the room if I use fungaflor? I cant use a sulfur burner because its in a spare bedroom, an antifungal bomb would be the best. But does it really stop the pm from coming back? What can I do to make sure the never come back?

pmedicate

I have green cure, wont it basically do the same thing? Can someone give me a suggestion on how to kill and prevent pm from ever coming back again?

vapedg13

Veteran
I have green cure, wont it basically do the same thing? Can someone give me a suggestion on how to kill and prevent pm from ever coming back again?

if you took clones off those plants that have pm more than likely the babies have pm inside them.

Eagle20 in veg spray them when small... its easier to spray a plant in a cup than a 3 footer

filter air intake

dont crowd your plants together

use a couple of fans for constant air movement

clean you GR

Dkgrower

Veteran
Good points by vape -

except u dont need a systemic poison like Eagel, to avoid PM.
That shit is just plain nasty also not good fore human health when u spray it.

Get some Fans that move and hook em up

Intake is it, fresh air or is it from another room, maby u need a filter !

I use fans and foliar spray Lacto Bacteria, they like sulfur lower the pH of the leaf, making kim conditions bad fore PM

pmedicate

Vape - I didnt take any clones off of them, the ones I did take werent infected yet. I'm sure I have clean clones for my next run, I just need to see that they won't get infected. I have some rare genetics I would hate to see get infected. I'm using green cure to protect them right now, will it prevent pm until I get the eagle 20?

Dk - I got better air circulation in the room now, its a bedroom. There is always negative pressure in the room and air just seeps in through the cracks surrounding bedroom door and out the bedroom window.

IF u use green cure go very very very very low doseage id go closer to like 1/2tablesp or a lil less , a TEAspoon (1/3 tbs)....that shit can & willl burn the hell out of ur pistils. leaves em dark n charred, slows swelling.... b careful.
sorry 2 hear that...

THIS.

Always cut the dose in half with Greencure. Hit them once a week if possible. It will wash away the PM that is currently on the leaf so it is easy to monitor the infestation and spray intervals.

Depending on the species of PM present in your room lowering the humidity could do more harm than good. I would get the humidity to the 40-45% range. This will stress the plants less and keep them healthier/more able to defend themselves.

After harvest clean the entire room/work area with Physan20 at least twice. Then treat all mother stock and plants about to enter the bloom cycle with Eagle 20. I would spray your next 2 rounds entering flower to be safe immediately before commencement of 12/12. This should break the life cycle and as long as you dont reinfect from outside sources you should be good to go.

pmedicate

So how does this sound. When my grow is done, I wash and spray with water/h2o2 as much as I can in the room. This includes walls, carpets, and whatever I can. Then Ill bomb the room with a fungicide one day. Then turn my exhaust off and let the temps in my room get 100 degrees for another day. After that just use some kind of spray and keep my grow room environment in check (temps, humidity, air circulation) to prevent another outbreak?

Good points by vape -

except u dont need a systemic poison like Eagel, to avoid PM.
That shit is just plain nasty also not good fore human health when u spray it.

Get some Fans that move and hook em up

Intake is it, fresh air or is it from another room, maby u need a filter !

I use fans and foliar spray Lacto Bacteria, they like sulfur lower the pH of the leaf, making kim conditions bad fore PM

You can't even spell Eagle let alone prove the facts you claim!

Do you have experience with E20 or any other systemic fungicide such as Quadris, Rimodil, Etc?

I assume you also think "synthetic" nutrients cause cancer and are the devils dandruff repacked to destroy us from within?

IF you fear the unknown(in this case a molecule you know nothing about) or cannot read about proper application practices, REI, MSDS sheets or proper application rates then please leave these tools for those more inclined to do so.

All these preachy "organic" zealots remind me of the good old rotten folks at westboro baptist church sometimes.

Now I shall await my flaming from SeaMaiden..

:shucks:

pmedicate

THIS.

Always cut the does in half with Greencure. Hit them once a week if possible. It will wash away the PM that is currently on the leaf so it is easy to monitor the infestation and spray intervals.

Depending on the species of PM present in your room lowering the humidity could do more harm than good. I would get the humidity to the 40-45% range. This will stress the plants less and keep them healthier.

After harvest clean the entire room/work area with Physan20 at least twice. Then treat all mother stock and plants about to enter the bloom cycle with Eagle 20. I would spray your next 2 rounds entering flower to be safe immediately before commencement of 12/12. This should break the life cycle and as long as you dont reinfect from outside sources you should be good to go.

Do i really need to use physan20? If I use a h202 or bleach solution, wouldnt that just kill the pm? I'll probably spray for the next 5 rounds at least, and take extra precautions. PM is a pain in the a$$ to get rid of.

pmedicate

You can't even spell Eagle let alone prove the facts you claim!

Do you have experience with E20 or any other systemic fungicide such as Quadris, Rimodil, Etc?

I assume you also think "synthetic" nutrients cause cancer and are the devils dandruff repacked to destroy us from within?

IF you fear the unknown(in this case a molecule you know nothing about) or cannot read about proper application practices, REI, MSDS sheets or proper application rates then please leave these tools for those more inclined to do so.

All these preachy "organic" zealots remind me of the good old rotten folks at westboro baptist church sometimes.

Now I shall await my flaming from SeaMaiden..

:shucks:

LOL not to get off topic but I'm open to all types and styles of growing, however I'm also tired of the turd smoking crowd telling me growing with doo doo is the shit (no pun intended) then try to fight a spider mite infestation with neem oil and wonder why they lost. I see no organic way around totally getting rid of pm, I would kill myself if I took this mildew too lightly and have it ruin my next harvest. I'm going all out.

S

SeaMaiden

Also, how do you tell the difference between mildew and crystals? I have a really frosty girl that has what looks to be mildew on some of the small sugar leaves but when I move it it doesnt fly all over like powder mildew should. Should I worry about it?

Can you loupe/scope it? The fungus threads look very different from trichomes, to me at least.

Let me see if I can find a picture of powdery mildew under magnification....

This is PM on dogwood, but it shows what I see under low magnification (sort of, at 10x, it looks different in buds, but it's still strands or threads).

062309%20Hartman%20Dogwood%20PM-sparse%20fung%20growth%20CU.JPG

pmedicate

Can you loupe/scope it? The fungus threads look very different from trichomes, to me at least.

This is PM on dogwood, but it shows what I see under low magnification (sort of, at 10x, it looks different in buds, but it's still strands or threads).

View Image

Great idea, I didnt think about that but yea I have a microscope and it should be able to see that no prob.

Yustoopit

View Image

Turns out that was PM.

Latest posts

Latest posts