What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plz Help me (root problem)

Lemonhazelover

I have a problem with my grow can u help me plz guys.
Last night there was nothing, when I woke up in the morning I found the plant like this. I immediately thought it was a root problem and did a transplant. Today 9th day

Attachments

• IMG_6741.jpeg
    IMG_6741.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6742.jpeg
    IMG_6742.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6747.jpeg
    IMG_6747.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6730.jpeg
    IMG_6730.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6754.jpeg
    IMG_6754.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Last night there was nothing, when I woke up in the morning I found the plant like this. I immediately thought it was a root problem and did a transplant. Today 9th day
First things first.

- Nutrients used, medium used, water used/water source.
- pH, EC/PPM of the above, including run-off.
- Light schedule, strain, setup.

Basically, all the information you have.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Change your light 20/4 or 18/6. Change to blue light spectrum. You’re stressing your little plant out. Also flush with ph 7 water if it’s in soil 6.5 for coco, and see what happens. It’s hard to tell if that’s a deficiency, a burn, or a ph issue at this point. A flush will reveal the real culprit.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think they look great dude. 👍

Its a true balance between really caring about our babies and leaving them alone.

After almost 33 years of growing all I do now is sprout seeds, only water them when they are almost dry a d only feed them once they start to yellow (unless I'm using super soil premix)

All I would change is keeping ph neutral or close. Give them solid wet dry cycles, keep rh higher for babies and teens. Younger plants love higher ph. It also helps to buffer your medium once plants get bigger and nutes get stronger 💪 👍 😉

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also if you suspect you have a root rot issue from too much water smell the soil. It will stink bad. If it stinks don’t add water. Dry it out. Then in the next watering add beneficial bacteria and beneficial fungi like azos and mykos. Bacillus etc.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Thank u for advices
All good advice, however it is best to just know first.

For instance, it's impossible to tell if this is a deficiency, a lockout, mildew infestation.

So, it is important to know what brand or mix the medium, what the plant was fed.

The run-off PPM and pH will show whether it is a case of overfertilization or underfertilization.

troutman

Seed Whore
Give your plants a few hours of darkness and they'll get better.
20 hours is the most I would use even if I grew an Auto strain.
Unless I'm cloning I prefer less than 70% humidity. 65% is nice.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If you use a quality potting mix you don't need to add fertilizer in the first few weeks. Also, keeping a small plant in a small container will make it easier to maintain the best water management. When you put a small plant into too large of a container you raise the water-holding capacity too much and over water. Over-watered plants will lack oxygen in the roots causing the plants to suffer. That looks like what your problem is to me.