What's new

plz help, mag problem mayb?

hi, rellik told me to post my plants pics in here as there pretty sik so early :( its my first grow, im attempting to grow some snow white seeds under a 400 watt hps, temp 70-80c, humidity 40-60. i started them on formulex 1/4 strength 2 days ago, on the 1st day of the 2nd week. ive now laid of that under relliks advice. the yellowing was from a superthrive overdose, i havnt used it since but its taking its time going. ph is at 5.8 and tds is 510 wen being fed. water is 340. if you look closely you mayb able to see that the leaves are drying out, and the nettles leaves are curling up at the points. ive had this progress further on 1 more plant and it produced rusty blotches. i have gave some epsom via foliar and watering normaly but it hasnt had any effect, mayb i have to wait longer as that was 2 days ago. id appreciate it so much if somebody who has experience growing could take time out to wak me thru some technics on clearing this up. thanks ever so much

peace

issack

Veteran
maybe time to transplant? i have encounterd strains that root out very fast and i had the same problem.they were yellowing out like that at that size. soon as i transplanted they freaked out...your temp, ph,soil all looks good...just a thought on what i have went threw....

G

ok wait a sec yuo said you gave it nutes ata 1/4 strength??? thats your problem. that seedling is nute burned.. it way to small to be needing any type of nutes.. it could be tranplanted thats for sure but right there is the classic case of nute burn...

dude transplant but when you do you are going to have to flush the piss out of it in order to not have it fry up and die.. so transplant that baby and give just plain PH'd water...

give it a few days but if you flush now it might survive...

good luck hope this helps

Swerve

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
This is nute burn, and yes it comes from superthirve...

Never ever give a seedling superthrive, but now you know...

Make up a plain water soltution and adjust the PH to 5.2, submerge the whole cube in the water and let sit for 10 min...after doing this 3 times you should be back to normal...

Growdoc

thanks for all the replys and help. ill go ahead and soak the cubes in phd 5.2 water as grow doc suggested and then ill trnsplant them to bigger blocks. im using these for nft system. but i do have a couple in soil as well. i guessed the yellowing was from the st as it appeared literally straight after i fed it them. anyways cud i ask is the drying also the nut burn, it just when i had this happen b4 (not the yellowing) the leaves dryed up so much that the leaves wen touched just cracked off. again it had rusty blotches. how long before i feed em nutes again, 3 weeks, there on day 9. thanks ever so much for taking the time peeps. appreciated.

btw i take it i buy fish emulsion from a pet store? also ill only be transplanting to a bigger block, not the system, will i need to give it butes even tho some are saying nute burn and others saying it needs nute as its hungry. what shud i do for sure, i have the bigger block soaking in 2ml formulex, 998 ml water. also about the soaking with plain water, growdoc, you say do it 3 times, do i leave em in for 30 mins, or soak em each morning for 3 on the trot, or maybe with a few hours break in between. also shud this be done before transplanting to a bigger block. thanks from a confused noob. :)

p.s i used superthrive cus it says gd for seedlings on back, it doesnt state after 2 weeks. noob mistake i guess, never follow instructions without checking first.

peace

Not to throw any confusion into this but, for the past couple of grows I've been giving my seedlings like 1 drop of ST per gallon, and no problems at all.

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Depending on how often you water/plants need water...

To Flush Rockwool/grodan:Normal watering is applied but now you will submerge the cube for 10 mins instead of normal watering..only do this when the plant needs water and only 3 times... then start to add root stimulator every watering and foilar feed at 10% normal strength with a Grow nutes(only use products for hydro!!!)...

if there is anything that is not clear please let me know...

Growdoc

Bigmone357

U can give seedlings superthrive doesn't hurt actually it helps that's what it's for to help the seedling survive IMHO it's just vitamin-B-1. I water with a drop a gallon from birth never a problemo I think u need to transplant to a larger pot arthur is the problem. Later Big

ok ive flushed them all once with 5.2 phd. ive transplanted 1 of em to a bigger block but the small block had shrunk so much that theres a hug gap in between, ive doctoredit the best i can, will this be ok. ill take a pic and show u wat i mean. ive just recieved some oxy plus thru the post, shud i use it already or wait till there in the nft? thanking again, im sorry to be such a nuisance. is formulex ok to use for foliar feeding? or i cud use my canna aqua vega? i dont have a root stimulator, cud you please recommend one for me. thankyou

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
p.s i used superthrive cus it says gd for seedlings on back, it doesnt state after 2 weeks. noob mistake i guess, never follow instructions without checking first.

never listen to directions on the back... for any chemical nutrients!

always use 1/2 of the recommended dosage.... or just dont use more than 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water.....

seedlings dont need food like that when they are that size.....
not sure about hydro system though most people dont put seedlings into hydro they run them in rockwool blocks till they get big or coco or some other medium... then they add nutrients because they are big enough

ive soaked them all as i said once, ill do the same at 5.2 tomoro morning. one of them has developed to blotches in the middle of the leaves, all of them are looking extremely sick. :( growdoc could you please explain a few things to me . you say 10% foliar feed, i will use my formulex as it says its for soil, hydro, or foliar feeding. im not to sure about my canna aqua vega. now, formulex has a 10ml per litre, so shall i just put 1ml into the water? also, do you know any good root stimulators that i could need. ive been looking, is hygrozyme the type of stuff? this can also be
used in conjuction with my oxy plus it says. thanks ever so much for the help, i realy appreciate it. i just wudnt get anywhere without your help, and thats to everyone thats been kind enuff to chip in so far.

p.s when wud you suggest i start feeding via watering instead of foliar.

peace

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Bigmone357 said:
...superthrive ... it's just vitamin-B-1.

:wave: Bigmone
It's more than vitamine B1. It also contains a derivative of indoleacetic acid, the "rooting" hormone all plants have. Its 1-naphtynl-acetic acid. Replacing the indole group with the naphthyl group makes it last a lot longer before breakdown.

You can relatively overdose with indoleacetic acid and light will break it down in a week+, not too much problem. The napthynl-acetic acid lasts *many weeks* and if you overdose, well the plant burns out as if you had given it crack :eek: . Not to mention it can make even my pH 8 tap water plunge south of 4.5!

A little goes a long way - I've never used full strenght as I find a few drops per gallon gives me good results.

wikidcalibudgrl

anyways cud i ask is the drying also the nut burn, it just when i had this happen b4 (not the yellowing) the leaves dryed up so much that the leaves wen touched just cracked off.

Yup,, Classic sign of over-fert ,,, all the excess nutes gather in the leaves making them dry out and crumble,, the "Other" site , OG has a good "Plant Abuse" section with pics http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/97 here's the link,, helpful info for sure! Hope your babies pull through Arthor!!

~Wikid
p.s. I think it twas I who suggested postin in here :biglaugh: but anyways :rolleyes:

I wouldnt give any plant I grow any NUTES until you are in full VEG, you seedling looks like it has another month before it gets any nutes, thats why you are having problems with your seedlings, its not ready to eat yet....The nutes you did give the plant fried IT!!! your best bet it to give it plain PH'dc water for about three weeks and see if it has recovered if it hasnt died by then. Seedling's grown in little root plugs like the one's you are using, have enough food within the plugs to have the seedling happy till you have aged it enough, and it is ready to start the Vegetation stage

hope this helps you

it was u wikid, im so sorry for that. thanks once again for your help, and thanks for the link. smokey, so how many weeks is that from start? how many weeks before i shud bne looking to feed. in a lot of tutorials ive read say after 2 weeks is gd on 1/4 strength. shud i leave it longer. my oldest is 2 weeks in 2 days. they do look a little better today after soaking twice and transferring to bigger blocks. thanks for all the input

wikidcalibudgrl

Smokey: he's using rockwool,, it doesn't have any nutes in it (except for what's in there from the feed he gave um already, which he's been flushin out with the dunks).

Arthur:wink:
it was u wikid, im so sorry for that.
No problem hun, I was just razin you about it :biglaugh: But, anyways, since your plants have been burned already from an early feedin, i'd let um alone for another couple weeks,,,, IMO plain watered be best for now, till they start growin well again for ya, then start with Very lite nutes and step it up from there.

ok will do budgirl. thanks again. one of my seedlings has some blotches come up across the first 2 leaves. there light brown in colour, with the edges slightly darker. is this showing its becum toxic? or is this sumin to do with me being late transplanting. ill take some pics asap. thanks ever so much. btw, the biggest seedling seems to be growing ok and has started to smell already!!! gotta luv that :) mmmmmm

i cant wait to get my cal mag plus so i can go ahead and use my ro water. im sure this water is no good for them. it reads 340!! ppm, ive been mixing it with ro water so it drops to 250ppm as i heard some nutrients in the water are locked out at 300ppm. is this right, shud i even bother mixing the 2. oh, ive ordered some bio bizz all mix soil to transplant my soiled plants to. i take it this is good as i ordered it from a hydro site. thanks :)

sorry if im tiring anybody out :)

growdoc suggested foliar feeding them 10% to start with. so ill start with 1ml per litre of formulex. i plan on feeding formulex until i get them into the nft, then ill be giving canna aqua vega. is this save to change the nutes like that?

btw. im a plasterer and so i can get lime pretty easy. is builders lime suitable for using with plants. i think i have some in my garage tbh.

ok here i am with some new pics after the 30 minutes soaking, 3x10 minutes :wink: shud i keep feeding them at 1ml formulex per litre or shud i return to just water. foliar feed btw.

heres the biggest and healthiest of em all, shes growing the best aswell. her 2 bottom leaves are still a taj yellow and crispy but has improved quite a bit. transplated to new block and the main root is already showing thru the bottom.

the 2nd and marked plant. os this because i transplanted to late, or because of the ferts, superthrive?. under the leaves is red in colour and the 2 with marks on them are curling up. new growth is ok tho.

this 1 is growing very strangely as you can see from one of the pics. the leaves have split on one side right at the bottom near the stem. also its very droopy. has lost most of its drying tho.

number 4 looks strange as i was told to soak the block in a 1/3 formulex and 2/3 water. obviously its suffering from some sort of od, very prominant ridges and slight curling upwards.

one of these was grown in rockwool and then placed in mg potting soil. ordered some bio bizz for transplant :smile:

sooo... wat now ppl? plz help me, theve made a noticeable turn for the better with your help. thanks

peace