What's new

please some advise on when to flower

C

cs70

hi again so here is the crazy part
one week ago i cut sometimes little shit buds not even developed ones and today when i want to roll a joint i see one seed inside the calyx and stigmas looking out like normal everything but with seed inside
the seeds are BIG BUD femenised seeds so i dont understand ,but its very potent and i hope that the only seeds i will find
could be hermaphrodite plant? i didnt see no banana balls,just the long stigmas everywhere,when the girls were in veg and in flowering also
how quick female can become hermaphrodite ?
i trow the seed away i read it will be hermi plant also
some one expirience the same situation ?
thx a lot best regards

C

cs70

hi

hi

Hey CS,

All the best for a successful harvest bro, things are looking good. I just read through all the posts here and i didnt see anything written about dolomite lime?

Ive always pre-mixed dolomite lime into my soil as it has magnesium and calcium as well as helping to keep the ph in line. I also get my water straight from the tap and dont bother checking its PH or anything ( and i know its a bit alkaline) and so ive been told im getting away with it because of the dolomite lime. My babies have zero deficincies until a slight yellowing of some leaves near the end of flower. Next time around you should definitely try adding it in if your going with organic soil. It will help your babies alot not to become deficient in Cal /Mg. You can also use the dolomite lime as a top dressing to correct cal/mg deficincies. Epsom salts are also great (i saw u used them), sometimes i use them in about week 4 of flower to give everything a bit of a boost..

Maybe someone can post the link to the Organic Thread and theres a Virtues of Dolomite Lime sticky there which will explain exactly what it does in far greater detail than what i can. (sorry couldnt work out how to post link myself..) Or you can just go there yourself lol

Anyway good luck bro i bet u cant wait to start smoking some of your homegrown.. Im in the same boat currently playing the waiting game and having to buy shiit overpriced gear in the meantime pisses me off alllllllot.

Peace out
Chronito:):)
hi man :tiphat:
thx for info
i will read about dolomite lime

overpriced equipment is really sucks ,assholes ,i also have to buy overpriced stuff or travel to get it
good luck !
best regards

Scrogerman

Veteran
hi again so here is the crazy part
one week ago i cut sometimes little shit buds not even developed ones and today when i want to roll a joint i see one seed inside the calyx and stigmas looking out like normal everything but with seed inside
the seeds are BIG BUD femenised seeds so i dont understand ,but its very potent and i hope that the only seeds i will find
could be hermaphrodite plant? i didnt see no banana balls,just the long stigmas everywhere,when the girls were in veg and in flowering also
how quick female can become hermaphrodite ?
i trow the seed away i read it will be hermi plant also
some one expirience the same situation ?
thx a lot best regards

I always thought that seeds produced by a mostly female plant like yours produced XX Chromosone progeny(if it happens by self-pollination), or pure Female, i could be wrong but its what ive always read,believed. Mined you im behind the times on genetics & Cannabis so dont take my word for it. If it would of been a typical hermi then i would of thrown the seed away too as the trait carries to the progeny, but yours was a female showing no signs of male parts if im not mistaken, prolly XX female bro, go find it lol, see how many more you get, ive had this happen a few times ever. Not a bad thing imo. Hows the Purp's-BB coming along? I think those plants are gonna finish up with lovely Purp colours & possibly flavour influenced too, cant wait to see her finished up.

C

cs70

hey

hey

I always thought that seeds produced by a mostly female plant like yours produced XX Chromosone progeny(if it happens by self-pollination), or pure Female, i could be wrong but its what ive always read,believed. Mined you im behind the times on genetics & Cannabis so dont take my word for it. If it would of been a typical hermi then i would of thrown the seed away too as the trait carries to the progeny, but yours was a female showing no signs of male parts if im not mistaken, prolly XX female bro, go find it lol, see how many more you get, ive had this happen a few times ever. Not a bad thing imo. Hows the Purp's-BB coming along? I think those plants are gonna finish up with lovely Purp colours & possibly flavour influenced too, cant wait to see her finished up.

hey
yes crazy experience ,first one ,but i read that big bud fem seeds from sensi some of the plants get hermi in late flowering ,so its looks not uncommon
but the smoke is great and the girls looks awesome so its fine also its only first 2 seeds from i week smoking all the girls and different small buds,so i hope to find only few more seeds if any
the leaves getting purple everywhere only on 1 girl the others looks regular,or just a little bit purple but i will check closely anyway when harvesting
thx
good to hear it happens sometimes and can i keep the seeds than? and grow from it ? i read that the plant will become hermi later ,is tru?
tommorow update
thx for help:thank you::tiphat:

C

cs70

hi all

hi all

hi all so here is quick update
hey i just finished with my second (stealth) grow ,3 big bud femenised girls inside ,i get 120gramms (4.2) ounces dry weed ,very loko hahahahahahaaha biobizz nutes also rock big time ,great product i will use it again
last few days i was busy fixing the closet and updating it ,i make a seedlings clones room ,75cm tall ,60cm deep and 30cm wide ,i plan to put 45 watt cfl bulb wuth reflector and a pc fan for air simulation and stimulation lol
the air is sucked out tru the main exorst fan ,i have passive intake holes on the bottom of the closet
and also i have dry room ,where i can dry my weed ,so i think i can get every 7 weeks same amount very nice ,but next time i will play with girls top them and a bit of bending and stuff lol
just the humidity was around 70% all time so the carbon filter prima klima didnt work very good ,i could still smell a bit of weed but very little
i harvested at the time he girls get purple leaves very beutifull

and also my cooltube is a bit long 49CM i have space 60cm SO no space to move it ,but i will buy 32cm long cooltube and like this i can drop it down and up very sweet
also special thx to scroger:thank you:
very nice expirience
best regards i updatein few days

Attachments

• DSC03558.jpg
    DSC03558.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC03584.jpg
    DSC03584.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 5

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey CS,
Im very pleased for you mate! Nice work, you have got your Meds, enough to last untill your next crop!
Yeah as far as i know, its likely the few Seeds you find will be XX Chromosone Pure Female bro, i could be wrong, but i dont think i am. When a plant self polinates this way(it happens sometimes) the progeny will be pure female. I would pop them, i bet they turn out female bro, as for the herm trait, your plants had no visible male parts/nanners yes? If this is the case i would keep & use the seeds bro!
Im very happy for you mate!

Best of luck Bro! ;)

C

cs70

Hey CS,
Im very pleased for you mate! Nice work, you have got your Meds, enough to last untill your next crop!
Yeah as far as i know, its likely the few Seeds you find will be XX Chromosone Pure Female bro, i could be wrong, but i dont think i am. When a plant self polinates this way(it happens sometimes) the progeny will be pure female. I would pop them, i bet they turn out female bro, as for the herm trait, your plants had no visible male parts/nanners yes? If this is the case i would keep & use the seeds bro!
Im very happy for you mate!

Best of luck Bro! ;)

hey man
no no signs of hermi or whatsoever, same like before female only pistils i see
anyway i have 5 seeds already i collect them
thx i didnt understand before ,i keep them anyway and try them if i dont have any seeds lol
so now i wait the workers have to finish to paint my place and i start again in 10 days around
now i have really nice smoke its really great better than northern lights ,next is shiva skunk we see how it turn out,i have more nutes and soil so my next grow gonna be soil also but after that ,i go for coco,i will try why not lol
it was awesome journey thx for help i keep updated
also the cab design is really good ,few little adjustments and its perfect stealth cab hahahaahaha
thx
:thank you::tiphat:

Attachments

• DSC03629.jpg
    DSC03629.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 6
C

cs70

here is my new box

here is my new box

hi so here is finally almost ready my stealth cabinet 250W
so after 2days hard work its almost ready ,few minor fixings and its good to go
i didnt try the clones room ,iam worry about fresh air intake ,maybe not enough fresh air supply ,i know for sure that the air pulled tru because i cover intake holes with dust filters and they get dirty ,so it means fresh air comming but if is enough i will find out ,but i think its gonna be ok
i will use 20watt cfl daylight bulb 1100lumens for begin till i get my good grow lamp,i fixed one pc fan 140MM and i can swing it to change the air direction
when the humidity gets over 70% in the winter the carbon filter wont work 100% i can still sense the weed so next time which is winter or my carbon filter stop work i hook up odorsok on the exhaust outlet
i bought reflectiv foil and covered the clones room and flowering chamber ,like this when i spray with water i can clean walls also easy MDF dont last too long lol
i covered the floor with white plastic like this i can wash it easy
the middle space is drying chamber ,i will put 10 hooks with wire and will hang the branches to dry
so any suggestions u welcome here some pics
best regards
:tiphat::thank you:

Attachments

• Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    439.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 7
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 8
  • hj.PNG
    hj.PNG
    516 KB · Views: 12
  • boi.jpg
    boi.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 7

Scrogerman

Veteran
Youve put alot of work into that, exellent job bro! Looks the part, nice touch on the odour sock, let us know how it works, the combo of the 2, i like it, not sure about the fans capibility to cope with that, but let us know. I like it alot, congrats! ;@)

Just my .02c, not that I have any indoor experience really, but I wouldn't sweat the issue of whether or not you have enough fresh air. I've come to the conclusion that if you're not cooling your lights separately, and the air surrounding your room is at a normal household temperature- then if you have enough airflow to control the temps you have plenty of fresh air for the plants. I might be wrong on this, but seems to be the case from everything I've seen & experienced.

C

cs70

hey scroger :)

hey scroger :)

Youve put alot of work into that, exellent job bro! Looks the part, nice touch on the odour sock, let us know how it works, the combo of the 2, i like it, not sure about the fans capibility to cope with that, but let us know. I like it alot, congrats! ;@)

hey man thx a lot ,good that i had 2 days off ,now all finished and running tests
the odorsok is emergency filter if its get too humid which i dont think ,its getting hotter every day,or my other fan die ,i washed the prefilter and put all back on i will experiment anyway ,i prepare all stuff so just to put on lol
the 20W cfl light is good enough for begin few weeks anyway i start with clones or seeds early so no problems ,just hope enough fresh air is comming in

the clones room is 24°C constant Humidity 55%,the fan is working and lamp dont produce much heat very nice
i took 3 seeds shiva skunk fem sensi seeds out of the fridge and wait 24 hours and start to germinate them tommorow

otherwise thx for help buddy was nice to meet u :tiphat:
thank%20you.gif

amsterdam !!!!!
here some pics
best regards

Attachments

• new 002
    new 002
    61.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 12

Marxsman

you got an awesome cab there! I cant wait to see it grow. I just got a new one together too and trying it out. I am pulling up a chair

C

cs70

thx guys
today i put to germinate 3 shiva skunk ladys ,in the plate ,temp around 22°C
cant wait to try the clones room:)
should i put the girls when they sprout straight away under the cfl light?and 18 hours light
thx a lot best regards

thx guys
today i put to germinate 3 shiva skunk ladys ,in the plate ,temp around 22°C
cant wait to try the clones room:)
should i put the girls when they sprout straight away under the cfl light?and 18 hours light
thx a lot best regards

Yes they need light right away. I've been content w/18 hr's, others go 20 (Which I'm contemplating next go) some even go 24

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Can't believe I missed this thread. Nice work, cs70. Props to all the contributors, especially Scrogerman. Lots of good info.

I'd give those seedlings light as soon as they're above the soil. I use cfl in veg and try to get seedlings as close to the light as possible. This helps to control excessive stretch, especially with sativas.

Thanks for the Closet Cultivator link. THAT will be some good reading.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Guys!
I always go 20/4 in veg, Shiva Skunk, blast from the past, they will like their new home.
Sure you'll like the book(link) DB, albeit ancient now.
G'Luck!!

im an idiot so bare with me... if you use a dual spectrum bulb. How do you differentiate between veg stage and flower stage? isnt the veg stage meant to be 18 hours of white light, and flower stage 12 hours of red? how do you use a dual spectrum bulb?

Scrogerman

Veteran
im an idiot so bare with me... if you use a dual spectrum bulb. How do you differentiate between veg stage and flower stage? isnt the veg stage meant to be 18 hours of white light, and flower stage 12 hours of red? how do you use a dual spectrum bulb?
that is why they are called Dual Spectrum lamps, their basically Sodium lamps which have been adjusted to include more Blue light(but mostly Red/orange), to make them more suitable to both stages of growth, Veg & Bloom, use as normal in veg on 18/6(or 20/4) & 12/12 in bloom, use them myself(Grolux etc), Cheap lamps that do a good job.

Last edited: