picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

chytil151

looks like a ph swing to me but I could be wrong any info you could provide will aid in a faster response. fill out the form for us to look threw to diagnose your problem.

Snype

Veteran
Smknfire, Please fill out the form in the sticky. It's the last thread in the sticky and you will receive more help.

smknfire

How long has this problem been going on?
Just started within the last two weeks.
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents)
Custom made tent. 2"x4" framing and Panda Plastic wrapped and sealed.
What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on...)
DWC - 5 Gallon buckets with airstone in each.
What STRAIN are you growing?
Sour Diesel, Blueberry, Romulan, Afghan.
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?)
All from clone.
What is the age of your plants?
Different ages but all seem to show about one month into 12/12.
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now?(coco,soiless etc..)
4 weeks 24/0. 3-4 weeks 12/12.
How tall are the plants?
30" +
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
Flowering (12/12) although another plant has just started to show in Veg (24/0)
What Technique are you using?
Lolipop after 3-4 weeks veg. Straight to FloraNova Bloom Nutrients.
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.)
Hydroton
What is the Water temperature?
66 Degrees F.
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy?
A little brown.
What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless)
FloraNova Bloom, Liquid Koolbloom, Floralioucious Plus, CaMg+
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
Using full strength bloom to GH chart.
How often are you feeding? (If using soiless)
Top off each bucket every 2-3 days with full strength nutes.
How often are you giving nutrients? (If using soiless)
N/A
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
Day 1 12/12
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
FloraNova Bloom -> Koolbloom -> Floraliscious Plus -> CaMg+
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using?
?
What is the pH of the "Tank"?
5.6 - 6.1
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment?
Yes
When was your last watering?
Yesterday
What is your water temps?
66 Degrees F.
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional)
Last top off, 2 days.
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients?
Have not this cycle.
What size bulb are you using?
3,000 watts HPS
What is the distance to the canopy?
16-20"
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)?
30-40%
What is the canopy temperature?
76-81 Degrees F
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)
Day temp is 76-81 degrees F. Night temp is 62-67 degrees F.
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Vortex 6" 450CFM , Can 66, Constant 24/0.
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?
Passive intake 4X exhaust. Sealed rooms.
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
Yes, oscillating 16" fans x2
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
Soft
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap?
Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
Tap
Are you using water from a water softener?
NO
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched?
Not since transfer to 12/12 (3-4 weeks.)
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When?
NO
Are plant's infected with pest's?
NONE VISIBLE.

smknfire

Guys, thanks in advance for all your help.. I have never had this problem before and have just started running much larger plants.

What really does not make sense to me is that the same problem is showing across the board on all of our strains, yet two plants that are literally identical (Same mother, both cloned, nutes mixed in bulk so same nutes, same environment sitting right next to each other. One shows the problem and one doesn't.

O

o.sparkles

You are running 3X1k of HPS?

I would like to add one additional question to your questionnaire if I may be so bold...

Do you foliar feed or spray anything on your plants?

O

o.sparkles

... yet two plants that are literally identical (Same mother, both cloned, nutes mixed in bulk so same nutes, same environment sitting right next to each other. One shows the problem and one doesn't.
I would move them apart now and add a small bit of H202 to the all plants in the course of figuring the problem out. You don't want this to spread. I know it may be tough but it's probably the safest thing to do until you know what happened.

smknfire

Also, the problem happens fast. One day the plants looked great, next day minor signs of problem, by day 4 dead plants.

smknfire

I am thinking it may be something with the roots? Will adding H202 harm anything with the nutes that I am using?

O

o.sparkles

I am thinking it may be something with the roots? Will adding H202 harm anything with the nutes that I am using?
No, it will only provide more oxygen to the roots. Don't add too much. I go with a shotglass into a gallon water can after they are pretty dry but you should calculate and research the amount before you go adding any.

How much bubbling do you have going on in those buckets?

Do you foliar feed or mist ever?

O

o.sparkles

Hopefully someone with more hydroton/dwc experience will come in soon but is once a day all you water them? ..and when you say you haven't cleaned them this cycle, you mean, you haven't done 100% water change since you started them flowering?

Snype

Veteran
1. Is each plant in a closed system or is everything hooked up to one rez?

2. Did you wash out the hydroton really good before you started?

3. I'm not familiar with the term Lolipop, can you please explain this for me?

4. Are your bucket black or can you see through them slightly?

5. I'm very familiar with FloraNova Bloom and the chart, can you give me the amount of FN that you are using per gallon? Can you also tell me the amount of each nute that you are using per gallon?

6. I would like to know the size of your air stones and the size of the pump / pumps in gallons per hour?

7. I would also like to know how many buckets you have and how many are linked up together?

Still reading......

C

chytil151

lollipopping is cutting all the bottom growth to promote a bigger top cola it's done more in a S.O.G. style grow.

about your feeding are you going by the directions on the bottle? I noticed that you are adding back full strength, are you taking an EC reading before you add back? you might be adding additional salts into your water depending on how your plants are eating. try adding back fresh water un-fertilized plus your add back ph might be different than the ph already in your water causing it to sway until it levels out. your Tap water dose it have clorine or clorimine in it clorimine dose not evaporate over time like clorine dose , try using distilled or R/O water.

C

chytil151

The more I am looking at your pics and your infirmary form I am thinking its more of an over dose of nutes . I bet you are over feeding w/ your add back. Are you mixing all of those different items in on all feedings? if so that might be it right there . I would run your plant in a florakleen for a day to try an leach out some of the salts accumulated, dump that water after 24 hrs. and add a lighter mix of nutes . Make sure to take an EC reading before and after your add backs. Ph w/ floranova is pretty stable or at least it was when I worked w/ it. With your add backs try just using plain water, after your add backs total the original amount of water started w/ dump it and start a new cycle. Try getting a PPM reading of your water before you start dumping everything else into it . You might just be exceeding your EC with your tap water.

Snype

Veteran
I thought you were an "expert with growing in all aspects". :laughing:

Just razzing ya.
All good sparkles! I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of comments like yours for the next few months. It's nice of you to take some time out, to help out a fellow grower!

O

o.sparkles

All good sparkles! I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of comments like yours for the next few months. It's nice of you to take some time out, to help out a fellow grower!
Great attitude though.:tiphat:

I do what I can...aint a whole lot most times.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High nutes IMO, thats classic nute burn

High nutes IMO, thats classic nute burn. Heres your problems:

Top off each bucket every 2-3 days with full strength nutes.
How often are you giving nutrients? (If using soiless)

PPM- ?

In soiless watering twice a week, I would water half strength of whatever PPM I was trying to achieve.

EX: If I was trying to hit 600 PPM and was watering twice per week I would water with 300ppm strength solution.

Most people running soiless, but I do not speak for everyone, either water 1/3 strength each watering or water full strength weekly with straight waterings in between.

I use floranova bloom and I can tell you right now if your following labels your screwed. A FULL strength feeding with FNB and no additives is right around 8mL per gallon, which = 950ppm @ .5 conversion AKA Lucas Formula. You need a PPM meter because you are flying blind, back off the nutes and rethink your feeding schedule. I would run some fresh water over them a couple times to clean up excess and start over with a less aggressive feeding.

PS- I knew that was a Sour D burning up

Latest posts

Latest posts