What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help. Overnight plant death, 5 more plants wilting, gnawed trunks, voles?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
If you are in a dry location, It could be that the critters are thirsty. You can put out water for them. I have also had success with apples. They prefer the tastier more succulent fruit to the cannabis bark.

JOJO420

Veteran
Rats?
I have seen damage like that from mice and rats before so maybe look in that direction also.
Good luck my friend :)

mushroombrew

Veteran
It doesn't look like quite enough damage to make it wilt. Maybe they are going for it under ground? Or you have fusarium wilt?... Seems to be the theme this year.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Try spraying the exposed sections with Epsom salt 250 grammes per gallon, try dissolving it in hot water then let it cool, the point would be to mix it to saturation, strain only the liquid since the Epsom salt will clog sprayer heads even in bottles. This will just harden off the stem and help prevent secondary infections like botrytis, penicillium etc. If you want to check for fusarium a quick field test is to scratch the skin to the cambium starting at the crown and then every 6 inches, if you see a brown colour if could be fusarium, and it generally is.

The Epsom salt spray is usually done as a preventative measure earlier on before diseases start infecting the stems, for my area that would be usually half august, always the lower stems you can burn off leaves with it that can take 7-10 days to die off, anything it hits generally gets marked.

JVonChron

you have done everything we did. We lost a plant per day over the course of a week. We had an exterminator out and he said our best bet was sticky traps. Put them everywhere around the plants. only downside is you gotta go smoke em cuz they are alive in the sticky traps. however when we did that we noticed that something would come thru and peel + eat the dead voles off the sticky trap..probably the neighborhood ferel cat. we didnt have much luck with the snaps traps. We also went down there every day that week with the dogs and played caddyshack. Stick a hose in a hole to flush them out and let the dogs finish them off. the dog actually got one by itself yesterday, had to work for it...smelled that thing and dug that little fukr out of the ground and chomped its head.

Chemdawggy Dawg

You could put some sunflower seeds in a bucket of water. Use something as a ramp so they can get to the top and they will fall in and drown themselves. I have used this method in my vegetable garden as chipmunks were eating one bite out of all my tomatoes. This kind of trap works excellent, I caught probably 10 of them over the summer. You might need bait other than the seeds but I doubt it.