What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help my Orchids

under the appropriate conditions a phalaenopsis will flower continually! IS your mix pure sphagnum or is that just a top dressing? pure sphagnum will retain too much water. How much light does it get? High light and high humidity will make these guys very very happy. I wouldnt worry about fertilizing at all until you actually saw signs that thing was growing. I think this one is a lost cause but there is lots of good orchid info on orchid sites....
http://www.easyorchids.co.uk/site/content/view/30/71/

the production of keikis (that is what a veg duplicate of an orchid is called) can happen as a response to stress, and it appears in this case it is the plants last ditch effort to clone itself because you are killing it....try completely taking it from the substrate and attach it to a piece of cork or tree fern and place it in a terrarium so that you can control the humidity. MAintain humidity at 85% and only mist the plant every other day or so. Put the terrarium on the edge of your grow room....if the center leaf mushed out the plant is dead at that point and time to try again

K

kenned

I would say you should make sure the keikis have at least a few roots before removing them from the plant..

Latest posts

Latest posts