What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please Help Me Identify this Hydro Problem

J

jim_browsky

Additives are just that, if you want to pay twenty dollars per quart for LK go ahead, it works for you. It is not necessary, just because you use it and you think it helps you. I have followed the Lucas formula for years before switching to PBP, before I started using it I thought you had to have all these additives. Now I have a big box of half used ones. As far as using an air stone, another smaller pump to circulate the PBP in your res to help from it settling is a better idea. It will also help oxygenate the res by decreasing the surface tension. The only "additive" I use is EWC tea. There are lots of different ways to achieve good results, for Mr Wags to say that it WILL NOT work is bit over the top, and simply not true.

Here is a pic of two afghani and two urkel X romulan at 38 days including rooting time, it has been in flowering for 8 days.

Mr wags, I see you are an Organic Hydro guy. Are you saying that PBP, Cal-mag, and LK are organic?

Attachments

• No LK neededjpg.jpg
    No LK neededjpg.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 4
J

jim_browsky

Sorry Mr. Wags, I figured since you were a mod you could handle a little criticism:rolleyes:

PBP is mostly organic, but potassium carbonate is not. It is a white salt that is formed by bubbling CO2 through KOH. Definitely not organic. It's in all my PBP products. Then there's the pH up/down. And you have to think about all the non-organic materials that touch your water, roots, and medium-like pots, reservoirs, hydroton, pumps, polyvinyl tubing.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry Mr. Wags, I figured since you were a mod you could handle a little criticism:rolleyes:

PBP is mostly organic, but potassium carbonate is not. It is a white salt that is formed by bubbling CO2 through KOH. Definitely not organic. It's in all my PBP products. Then there's the pH up/down. And you have to think about all the non-organic materials that touch your water, roots, and medium-like pots, reservoirs, hydroton, pumps, polyvinyl tubing.

Oh no sir not at all. I'm guessing your some type of Ag student or graduate that knows what he's talking about so left well enough alone.

I won't openly discuss organics or not simply due to the fact most threads such as that end up like a political or religious shit fest and that is one of the reason's we have a pm service.

Good luck with your grows.

Mr.Wags

J

jim_browsky

Well one thing we can agree on is that the OP needs to up his
nutes from the 400ppm he's using, consider aeration in his res
from either an air stone and/or a submersible pump, and possibbly
add some beneficial bacteria in the form of LiquidKarma or EWC/compost tea.
:canabis: