What's new

Please Help Me Build A Sealed Room

Callamus

Hi, I will be running 3 x Fluence spydr 2i's in a 4' x 12' room.. Is that too small to seal off? If not Price is not a factor so please tell me what is the best way I can deliver the necessary Co2? I want the best equipment possible! Is a 2kw split system suitable? I saw one model that claims to have a dehumidifier function.. would I need a separate dehumidifier? Is there anything Thanks.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
A split will dehumidify as the indoor part is cold. Perhaps the ~2000w of cooling required will be just the right amount of dehumidification for peak demand. Leaving you with a humidifier needed, when the plants are small.

I have not seen a 2kw split. Is that like 8000btu cooling, or 2kw power consumption. 24000btu (no maths were involved in this post)
I guess a 1hp compressor is common in 110v countries. Making 2Kw of cooling a common gear set. If you then needed a dehu on top, you may have to lower the lighting load to balance things up. As the dehu~ will add 100s of watts of heat. The rooms insulation is also very important as gains and losses through walls can add up to big numbers. This always leads to an over sized unit, that cycles on/off at least some of the year. This needs planning for in the rooms air circulation plan. It may also influence where the extract system goes. You always need one. Even if nothing more than for emergencies

Iamnumber

Hi,

Your question is bit like.. what is the best car? .. it depends.
is this commercial grow or residential?

Have you defined what are limiting factors or must have poperties?
Have you defined what are desired poperties?

What things are less important properties ?

Any good design starts from understanding what is given, what is desired ... then we can start thinking about design.

I can give pointer such as given above and help - Designing the room for you .. that is a different story..