What's new

Please help design my 1st growroom!!

Dingofriar

Just a quick pip in here with my $.02 cents about cutting a hole into a cieling for venting. Im guessing your renting atm, correct? Do u have the actual skills repairing drywall and blending texture to match existing? Overhead work is always twice as hard and cumbersome. If cutting a whole between joists your gonna have to come up with a way to rig a bracket for remounting piece with limited working space above head plus fighting insulation and what not. IMHO one run isn't worth any above average DIY fix if you are trying to get deposit back. Anyways best of luck and grow safe.

Just a quick pip in here with my $.02 cents about cutting a hole into a cieling for venting. Im guessing your renting atm, correct? Do u have the actual skills repairing drywall and blending texture to match existing? Overhead work is always twice as hard and cumbersome. If cutting a whole between joists your gonna have to come up with a way to rig a bracket for remounting piece with limited working space above head plus fighting insulation and what not. IMHO one run isn't worth any above average DIY fix if you are trying to get deposit back. Anyways best of luck and grow safe.
Yea you have a very valid point.But if I Dont run the exhaust thru the ceiling,my only other choice would be running it thru the door.That would be a problem because,I'm planning on putting poly on the doorway to make it light tight.And I was planning on hiring someone else to fix the hole after the run is over.I'm moving to a med/legal state so I'm not too worried about what someone might suspect,when the run is over and I'm long gone.

Dingofriar

Hmm. In that case i wouldnt actually use an sawz all. Because for safety reasons of any live wires or obstructions just use any hand drywall saw with just minimum tooth blade to cut out a piece big enuf to get your hand up there and then you can feel around for any wires, trustes or some atics have either platforms or rat runs for structure/wind integrity. I learnt the hard way and was zapped using a sawz all installing bunch of recessed L.E.D.s and halogens. But anyways what ever you decide best of luck and be safe bro.
:plant grow:

Finally got everything installed.I put a hepa filter on the intake,and just stood the filter in the corner,mounted the fan on top and ducted to the attic.Gonna flip the plants tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's help!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts