What's new

Platinum Purple 8 weeks....

T

turtle farmer

Platinum Purps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Platinum Purps is a pheno I found in 4 Purple Erkle x Sour D v3 seeds I pop'd in 08'. The seeds were made by "GoFertz". I love this cut, cus I hated growing erkle, with it's slow growth, low yeild, larf city and bud rot. But love the herb..
IMO this cut is erkle with a facelift so to say. Fast growth, ez to grow, yeilds VERY well, no bud rot, no larf, breeze to trim. Done in 50 days flat!
Smoke is off the hook, retaining the grapey erkle taste but with a slight diesel sharpness to it, very stoney

straight from my neighbor Greenlion

Skunk Kid

Dude who made this cross is from norcal and it is Purple Urkle X Sour Diesel. The name seems to be for marketing purposes and the fact that this is one the dankiest purple strains out there.

that’s just what ive been told by the grower I sourced both of my ''platinum'' cuts from, i got almost the same story from a owner/operator of a dispensary in socal as well, who also has the exact ''platinum'' OG cut as myself. from what i just read its problly not related then to any of my platinum cuts but sure looks like my platinum bubba alot

BongRipkenJR.

Hey GetMo, was this plant a slow budder for you? Mine is 21 days in and looking like one of the smallest yielders I have ever had. It is just now getting 1/4-1/2 inch buds all over the place and beginning to get a little frost on it. Plants are healthy and still stretching a little. Either these will be late bloomers or they just won't produce that much. What were you looking at per 1k?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
a ran under 2 600s but cant really judge the weight cuz the room was stupid overcrowded... They did start putting on more weight the second half of flower than the first for sure tho.

BongRipkenJR.

Hey Getmo! Check out the platinum purps at day 38. I can't wait for this thing to finish.

picture.php

This shit smells like the color purple to me haha. It is this sweet candied grape smell with a hint of diesel in the finish.

flyer

so this is what the "platinum" looks like.. i heard a platinum around but was not that popular so i didnt want it. what is it cross with? the original platinum?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
read the thread dude. Yo BongRipken lookin dope. when u cure it the deisel comes out a little mo heavy.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Fun snapple factoid: Green Lion gifted bluesky with either seeds or a cut (it was a small cannabis cup we were at, so my memory is a bit hazy) regardless genetics for their very sought after Strawberry Deep Chunk. A supposed strawberry cough crossed to a deep chunk, when in reality it came from a hybrid of Goo and deep chunk. When he told those actually working at bluesky that they had the genetics wrong they disregarded him and didn't realize he was the one who made it. Anyways since they didn't believe him the strawberry deep chuck name stayed.

GL is a great dude and a wonderful grower/chucker. If you ever read this drop me a line. I'm rocking the Blue Dream X SSSDH you gave me and they look chunky. Hope all's well regardless if he reads this or not. BongJr. since he's from your neck of the woods tell him I said whats up, that is if you guys even talk.

BongRipkenJR.

Fun snapple factoid: Green Lion gifted bluesky with either seeds or a cut (it was a small cannabis cup we were at, so my memory is a bit hazy) regardless genetics for their very sought after Strawberry Deep Chunk. A supposed strawberry cough crossed to a deep chunk, when in reality it came from a hybrid of Goo and deep chunk. When he told those actually working at bluesky that they had the genetics wrong they disregarded him and didn't realize he was the one who made it. Anyways since they didn't believe him the strawberry deep chuck name stayed.

GL is a great dude and a wonderful grower/chucker. If you ever read this drop me a line. I'm rocking the Blue Dream X SSSDH you gave me and they look chunky. Hope all's well regardless if he reads this or not. BongJr. since he's from your neck of the woods tell him I said whats up, that is if you guys even talk.

I remember telling this story in Fishers outdoor thread. That shit started my disliking of Richard lee.

Last edited:
G

guest8905

those bd x sssdh were nice. i didnt pop any but game them all to another patient to hold.

UP is that in veg or are you already flowereing her?

i need to get those seeds back

I'm growing this now, having the same issue, smallish buds, not that much sugar and at day 42. I think it mainly makes small buds with a few nice tops. The dry bud that I got off of my buddy seemed to suggest that it not a huge yielder. But great taste and high, loverly coloring and aroma.

BongRipkenJR.

I'm growing this now, having the same issue, smallish buds, not that much sugar and at day 42. I think it mainly makes small buds with a few nice tops. The dry bud that I got off of my buddy seemed to suggest that it not a huge yielder. But great taste and high, loverly coloring and aroma.

This plant is very touchy! It seems like it likes to feed heavily in veg, but flowering, it seems to like it toned down a bit. My cut was a slow starter when it came to flowering, but now on day 39 it is taking off. It is not the best yield i have got, but it is much better than purple kush, gdp, or urkel. I am getting a good amount of resin on mine as well and it seems to be getting stickier every day!

What methods are you using? I have seen this strain grown in soil, coco, and hydro(ebb and flow) and it does best in coco. In soil it doesn't yield shit, but it is top notch funk! In hydro is sucks. It does not like hydro! The yield in ebb and flow was good, but it had no resin on it. So far, mine and Getmo's looks better than anyone elses I have seen.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yep mine came from a recycling coco system, waterred for 15 minutes a day all canna with some budswell for taste, fox farm additives at 1/4 strength, and some gravity for a lil extra weight. Mine was wet with resin by bout week 3-4 and stayed frosty. purple colors came towards the end with no cold temps, picked at I think 8 1/2 or 9 weeks.

BongRipkenJR.

Yep mine came from a recycling coco system, waterred for 15 minutes a day all canna with some budswell for taste, fox farm additives at 1/4 strength, and some gravity for a lil extra weight. Mine was wet with resin by bout week 3-4 and stayed frosty. purple colors came towards the end with no cold temps, picked at I think 8 1/2 or 9 weeks.

I am doing drain to waste with canna. I have just now started to notice some purple showing up. I am glad this is a longer running strain. GL told me it was a 50 day strain, but I have grown both Urkle and sour diesel and neither of them finished in 8 weeks or less. If this goes 9 weeks and continues to swell I might be able to get 3 pounds off of 2k, and with the dankness of this strain I will be happy with that.

Latest posts

Latest posts