What's new

plantys outdoor 2010

nomaad

Veteran
My black boxes are the same stuff. Had to paint the hoops camo cuz you could see em glowing behind the fence when the sun was on em... you seem to have more space than I. I was hoping that you'd get the pipe bender.... had a little project I was gonna ask a bit of help on.

P

planty

I have so much elbow room bro I don't even need to do anything to conceal the fact that I'm throwing supplemental light in my greenie. It's a blessing for sure.

I am still planning on grabbing a bender. I have other things I want to do and I love to play with metal. I'm working on getting my structural welding certificate...

I'm droppin a couple pier blocks in to the ground and hookin up some 4x4 posts and a top rail to build sort of a swing set type frame for the heater to hang from.

localhero

whats up bro

hey i was wondering what amounts of nutri rich your buddy advised you to sub in for the supr green? Tom's mix calls for 4 1lb bags of supr green per 300 gal pot, its 3/3/2. the nutri rich is 4/3/3.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Hey planty, nomaad. Im going to be ordering the soil for the 20 200gal smart pots. 2 pallets of promix hp. What are you guys mixing into your smart pots and at what ratios? im figuring about 5 bricks of promix per smart pot but i also want to add say 25% worm casting? and maybe a pound or 2 of cow manure.. thoughts?

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
soil mix ratios per 200gal smart pot?? please?? pretty sure i got it but its nice to see what others are doing.

P

planty

just depends from place to place ..different water sources call for diff approaches...same with light and varieties you're growing. Good luck.

ThaTriangle

planty, good luck this year, great journal cant wait for more pics. Sounds like ur soil and smartpots plan is a good idea. Im gonna b running the same 200-300gal SP u are doing, I did mostly 5x5x18" planter boxes and directly into the ground last year, worked well 1-4# per clone last year and gotem out kinda late, some were good size when planted (5gallon) others were small. SourD, bubbakush, chemXbubba, bluedream, greencrak, purpleponic, Mendopurp. UKcheese were mainstays plus hella misc

Was gonna ask did you order ur custom 300s from smartpot direct or local in 707? cost?
Also what are u gonna have the girls in b4 putting them in the 300s? and approx when will u getem in there final resting place?june1st? i experienced the same early june hail storm u mentioned, what is plan if some shitty weather again around the same time just seeing if any ideas, cuz my girls will b 5-6ft plus by then and in their final holes and it would b a bitch to cover them spur of the moment. hopefully just no hail, cuz a lil rain would probably be alright.

also ur indo looks kill, props on that! bigass girls for indo... approx yield on one of those? what gallon pot? how many under each light? do u have journal 4 indo?

anyway, thx for info and keep holdin it dwn for norcal

P

planty

I had them custom made direct. My plants are going to go outside and be in 7 gallon pots. I'm looking to be out in the 300s in the 3rd week of may. I already have all my pro mix..perlite will be here tomorrow..Garden space will start getting fenced...Getting all my amendments together. So my pots will be filled by mid april and have a whole month to just chill...If it hails I'm going to do what I said last year and say FUCK!!!

Got my thermostat and heater mounting kit. Getting every thing squared away to make the shelf to hang the heater..getting a 200 gallon propane tank dropped in to place by the time the heater gets here. Will be in 7s by April 10 and in to my 300s around May 21 when it stops freezing.

The indoor average is about 6oz each. I use 4x4x1 raised beds indoor. Whatever nutrients I've got around at the time..1000w lights. Indoor is kinda lame.

nomaad

Veteran
what kinda thermostat did you get? I am thinking of getting a proper GH head unit... like the sentinel. Its pricey, but a good investment. Would that serve as a thermostat for the heater, or will I have to get something specific? And did you need permits to install a 100lb propane tank? Ha... I'll probably find all the answers I seek by the time u get back to this.

P

planty

i just got tha 1 from farmtk.. vry simpl unit... 40 bux...that sntinl unit is ovr ratd..ys to tha prmit ?

nomaad

Veteran
I was thinking the 100 lb tank was the kind that needed to be installed on a concrete pad... my bad. no permit needed for the bigger cylinder. Hoping to have warmth by tomorrow afternoon. lost too many days this week. now i am going to have to pull some serious tarp on the Gh for a couple of weeks or more.

P

planty

I got half my pro mix laid out and all my smart pots laid out today green house has been covered for a while my heater came early. Every thing is being delivered to me tonight...heater hooked up Tuesday gonna go out with out it...The GH stays warm at night and with a radiant heater on one end I can heat it up nice if I close the doors I'll have good night temps. Just keep them in their 3" (for seed) and 6" ( for clone ) pots till Tuesday then give every thing an upgrade

I had to stop at half because I broke a water pipe in my yard and had to deal with fixing that and I lost my momentum for dealing with bales... I moved 200 bales today.

Latest posts

Latest posts