What's new

plants stopped growing

And do analog ph testers even work? It keeps giving me different results, and I just put some.lime on to of the soil due to lack of response, is that bad? they aren't getting more yellow just still not growing, I took under and put it in woods near my house and it looks better already I don't know because its in same soul could 18" from plants be too far for 250? why is outdoor have so many less issues ... I really need to figure out Indoor

Again thanks appreciated

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Note to self, look at pictures THEN post.....

nevermind,
but provided for your entertainment:

I had a plant that stopped growing once,, it went almost 6 months and didn't get sick or get bigger.

Finally I popped it out of the pot and it was rootbound. A couple days after the transplant- new growth was everywhere!

You just think outdoor is easy.
Or is it you think indoor is hard?

ok,, once more.

Yours are not rootbound,

Same thing all the newbies hear, temps, airflow, pH and DON'T OVERWATER

seedlings seem to start better for me if I start them with tap water and gradually temper them to the lil bit sour side. BUT don't overwater. Tap water is not the same. Some tap water can be hazardous to young plants.

Last edited:
Thanks, I guess it could be overwatering I dont think so cuz I normally letit dry pretty good, and.maybe it is indoors is hard lol florida sun has spoiled me but im just trying to harvest more often but every time I try they die (its only my second attempt lol) their not dying like first ones but theyve just sat in this dormant state and I think that analog ph tester is crap idk :/

Could it be the light is too far? There starting to yellow again and ive already put so much into seeds, lights etc I really don't want this to keep happening but I don't want to go fully back to outdoor, I was really looking forward to harvest during summer but they all just look so horrible can't sleep sorry for double post again just mad stressed I'm on phone will post current pics tomorrow Help appreciated

Hi Bigbuddah, It sounds like you have your set up pretty dialed in. It's likely that the plants are "hardening off" to the intense light provided by the 250 watt mh. The bulb should be raised up a little while they get used to this light. It can take a few days for this adjustment to happen. I don't recommend giving your plants any nutrients! They are simply WAY too small. They need simple tap water, bubbled for at least 24 hours, then adjusted to a ph of 6.5 and heated to 75 degrees. If you think you over fertilized, then make sure to water them with PLENTY of run off. Use a gallon of water per gallon pot. This will flush out any crap that's in there. That's only necessary if you are pretty sure they are stunted by over fert. Likely, they are simply adjusting to the intense light. When the girls start showing signs of life, and the top 1/2 inch of your medium gets dry, hit them again with your water preparation. Only, I would add an 1/8 tsp of miracle grow....yes miracle grow, it's called miracle grow for a reason, lol....to the solution, and water w/ 10% run off. Using more nutes than that, IMO, is not necessary until they are, at least, a few inches taller. Keep them at 75 degrees with a zero night time diff. if possible too. Hey, good luck to you!
DB

Ok the grow big you use 1 teaspoon(5ml) to the gallon of water and the grow big you want to use1 tbl(15ml) spoon to the gallon. also you do not need to adjust the ph in your nute water cause fox farm uses ppm perfect when you add the right amounts together you hit the right ph in your nute batch automaticly no need to adjust. This is where an air stone and a small bucket , then let the air hit the water for 30 minutes or longer mix well then apply for maximun uptake. Also to fix your ph problem with your soil go and get a new bag of foxfarm soil then scrape off as much of the top soil you can around the root mass and around the edge of your pots the apply new top soil evenly and water in voila PH problem solved , DAMN IM GOOD

I never ph my soil or my bottled water i use I just learned by trial and error or you can say the HARD WAY. If you use tap you will want to flush every 2 wks to leach out any excessive salt build up at the root mass and maybe use a little less grow big also cause your tap will have minerals such as cal+ mag use 2/3 grow big (4ml) to the gallon so you don't have any problems with too much cal or too much mag.Tap water has chloramide and you will want to stop using it, cause it kills all the microbial life in your soil. add a tiny pinch of domolite lime around your top soil and water in,and i mean just a pinch them check your ph later on thru water run off

try repotting them in new soil mix just be careful nut to breakem cause their fragile then the ph problem and nute problem is solved, never use miracle grow soil cause it has heavy metals in it and unless you want toxic smoke avoid miracle grow k

Hey indoor some really sound advice man, for the nutes do I mix them in same gallon of water? And changing the dirt could work without killing them? How much dirt should I keep?

Also thanks alot indoor and all others, I also just bought a new thermometer and its saying 85, at canopy this is not good no? I added more fans and turned ac up plus I've been running 24 hours this ok? Sorry if this sounds retarded lol I just got pulled over in non med state and had to swallow a half oz which was hell puking up..... Anyways thanks yall idk how to rep, but goodlooking out

Plants still not growing getting mildly more yellow, but one of the sour 60s started putting off balls, I'm confused, if there not growing howd it start to flower lol

thefanfx

soil

soil

hi m8

your soil is killing them , go to some growshop if there are such around and buy light mix for grow like BioBizz or similar with complete organic picture Ph 6.2-6.4

you can move them out from your soil it's not a big deal

as well the moisture can cause the same issue , be sure the roots are not rotted , it is very important the pot's to have as much as possible holes at the bottom so the air can go in and the moisture can go out in other way rotting can cause damage to all roots = no growing = death

and do not use any nutrition for now they are too small to fragile , just pure water for the first 4-5 weeks if the soil is enough good it contain all necessary elements for the first 4-5 weeks

yeah and just to add one more thing - more light and more light 18 hours !!!

hope it helps