What's new

Plant quantity vs growth size ratio to yield question?

hempyftw

Hmmm

Hmmm

Did you read my post? You didn't actually make a comment on any of what I said. If you want to look at GPW you need to take into consideration the total amount of WATTS used for your grow. This is not the wattage of your light. If you veg for a long time, you need to consider this time x watts in your true GPW if you want to compare to someone using a different method with say 0 veg.

Sure 2 lbs from a 1k watt light is a great goal. My goal would be 2 lbs from a 1k watt light in a 60 day period. Only using that 1k to flower. Which is not the same as someone vegging for 1 month under that light and then flowering for 2 months and claiming they have achieved harvest weight/light watts is not GPW in this case. They have used it at least 18 hours a day*1k watts more*30 days more watts then the person with no veg.

So if you want to compare GPW across all types of growing. You need to add another variable such at T as I explained earlier.

Your comparing apples to oranges unless you use the total watts used over the whole time.

Sure 1 gram a watt is a great goal. But if it takes you 6 months to get that 1k grams, and takes someone else 2 months to get that 1k grams. You don't have the same GPW. That is just not an equal way to look at it. No matter what. GPW is a stat used to judge efficiency, and your not comparing efficiency when you just take a total yield/light used unless both grows used the same amount of time to achieve the harvest.

Hope this makes sense. I can clarify more in depth if you don't understand.

I would absolutely disagree that "anyone who can pull a gram/watt is doing good*. Anyone given no limit on time should be able to veg monsters and get 1 gram/watt of light. It takes a truly talented grower to hit 1 gram per watt over a 60 day period. You gotta include the time variable. Or you can't compare one persons yield to another.......

tenthirty

1g watt sog is doable over and over again. Perpetual, 1 month turn around.
In my experience, It has taken almost a year to get the system and strain "dialed in" to produce that repeatably.

As a first timer, half of that, or less, would be expected.

Smokeone1

I grew a Cali kush in happy frog with just water, and a small cfl in happy frog soil. worst condition possible.in the summer , and pulled 15 grams.2 plants no excuse not to get at least of per plant with a half way decent Hydro setup. If not we are just wasting time.