What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plant Growth Regulators (PGRs) thread

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Too bad SPURR is banned. Guy always provided such great info.

Did anyone figure out how to dissolve BRASS (Brassinolide) to make a stock solution? I'm trying my best to figure out how to make a .05 ppm to 1 gallon of RO water

If anybody could help out with this..

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Bump for a good thread. I wanted to tell u guys about a product called Vitazyme. i used it this year on my Delahazes. i have been growing this strain for 4 years and the only thing i changed this year was the addition of vitazyme. my delas was the biggest i have ever grew and yeilded 2-3 oz more per plant. i think once i dial it in that it will produce even better. here is the stuff that is in it. @ DeceiverZ this may be something u want to look into since u was talking about brassino.
Known Ingredients in Vitazyme (all derived from natural materials):

Brassinosteroids 0.022mg/ml
1-triacontanol 0.33 ug/ml
Vitamin B1 (thiamin) 0.35 mg/100g
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin 0.25 mg/100g
Vitamin B6 0.15 mg/100g
http://www.plantdesigns.com/vitazyme/product_information

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Bump for a good thread. I wanted to tell u guys about a product called Vitazyme. i used it this year on my Delahazes. i have been growing this strain for 4 years and the only thing i changed this year was the addition of vitazyme. my delas was the biggest i have ever grew and yeilded 2-3 oz more per plant. i think once i dial it in that it will produce even better. here is the stuff that is in it. @ DeceiverZ this may be something u want to look into since u was talking about brassino.

Vitamin B6 0.15 mg/100g
:tiphat:

shaggyballs

Veteran

Vitamin B6 0.15 mg/100g

Man, I know don't shoot the messenger but that seems like a lot of brass, when I use that much brass it is stretch city.
There must be some other unlisted element to tone down the brass me thinks, just guessin' though.

Labels never give you the real picture, this I know.:biggrin:

And this is strange too???
Vitamin B6 0.15 mg/100g

What are they referring to 100 grams of water weight?
Labels.... Dem thar thingys confuse me more than anything...sheeesh:dance013:
Peace
Shag

BillFarthing

Veteran
The thing that kills me is that PGR's are so common in commercial greenhouses for ornamentals:

Ancymidol- Abide, A-Rest
Chlormequat chloride- Citadel, Cycocel
Daminozide- Dazide, B-Nine
Dikegulac sodium- Augeo
Ethephon- Collate, Florel
Fluprimidol- Topflor
Paclobutrazol- Piccolo, Piccolo 10 XC, Bonzi, Paczol,
Downsize (drenches only)
Uniconazole- Concise, Sumagic
Benzyladenine- (BA) Configure
Gibberellin (GA3) Florgib, ProGibb T&O
BA+GA4+7- Fresco, Fascination

I hope that these products in particular don't cross over to the hydro store.

Applesauce

What was the final word on this? It seems per dizzlekush's research, TRIA is best used with CaCl2. Calcium 25 is said to have TRIA however look at their website now. It says "This is NOT a TRIA product. Period".

Vitazyme has other substances which don't play well with tria. Same story for other products like canna boost.

We have no product that uses tria with calcium to function like the study?

Godrej has a food ready formulation patented in India, I wonder what they use?

Also: anyone tried Silwet L77? It has much greater spreading/etc properties than the nonionics mentioned earlier in this thread (polysorbates) and should work better from my understanding. It greatly increases plant uptake of many other hormones/nutrients/herbicides/ etc, and may be worth trying.

Attachments

• vipul-plant-growth-regulators-1242350.jpg
    vipul-plant-growth-regulators-1242350.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 34

TexanTerps

Mepiquat Chloride anyone? I use it in cotton quite often.

I notice that one formulation Pentia has some boron added in. Supposedly makes it more effective or it could just have something to do with the flowering of the cotton (boron is essential in pollen tube development i believe)

The mepiquat makes the internode length shorter, more bud sites on shorter plant.