What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plant Farm 2016

The beneficial microbes of spectrum and pepbucha are not a substituted for aact...I wondered the same thing. Leadsled said the nematodes are crucial among other reasons but apparently the extract does the same thing if you do it right.

I think of it like a reintroduction of living organisms helps feed and build the soil as well as help cycle nutrients

plantingplants

Just foliared dipel, 2% k2so4, 50 ppm B, 40 ppm Mn.

Can anyone direct me to some good guidelines for folisr strength of nutrients? I wanted to to spray zn and cu but don't know what strength. I figured out the strength to make HoloMic but I don't understand their application rate when they talk about 1000 sq ft. I don't understand why ag products are often measured with sq footage when plant spacing and plant size can vary so drastically. Ie 1000 sq ft of a garden full of 10 footers packed in vs 1000 sq ft of forage grass. Wtf?

Anyone have any pollen they wanna share? I suck at cloning and wasn't able to make the crosses I wanted this year.

Also does anyone want two male muscovy ducks for pets? They are hand reared and awesome. Super sweet. Not as loud as mallard-derived ducks.

FoothillFarming

Just foliared dipel, 2% k2so4, 50 ppm B, 40 ppm Mn.

Can anyone direct me to some good guidelines for folisr strength of nutrients? I wanted to to spray zn and cu but don't know what strength. I figured out the strength to make HoloMic but I don't understand their application rate when they talk about 1000 sq ft. I don't understand why ag products are often measured with sq footage when plant spacing and plant size can vary so drastically. Ie 1000 sq ft of a garden full of 10 footers packed in vs 1000 sq ft of forage grass. Wtf?

Anyone have any pollen they wanna share? I suck at cloning and wasn't able to make the crosses I wanted this year.

Also does anyone want two male muscovy ducks for pets? They are hand reared and awesome. Super sweet. Not as loud as mallard-derived ducks.

TOU violation. Cleared.

FoothillFarming

Slow determining the perfect soil ratio is also determined by temps so with that said as weather changes to colder temps the plants do not need so much nutrients there metobolic rate decreases as well as water uptake ..
Same thing applies when its to hot the plants are not taking in lots of nutrients but rather water because there transpiration rate is insane.
The problems many people face is having to much nutrients or available nutes that get sucked up from plants only wanting water ..

Sure there is a science behind it all but its really meaningless when you cannot control mother nature so science to real world practice
I use a simple organic soil mixture no amendments your crying about your cloud and temps where in my case over night temps are 0 - 4 degrees C 32 degrees F day time 15 - 18 degrees temps

People all over the net are coming up with these super soils or what ever again its great for there geological area , It can be a disaster in someone elses
This is why i do not bother with amendments i top dress organic mulches to keep soil bacteria moist and temps in check so everything is highly active .
Using a simple compost mixture with soil and some greens to keep the carbon cycle going as well EWC and worms is a no brainer my soil cost me 60 bucks for 1 yard of top soil which makes me 347 gallons of enriched mixture that will take my plant from start to finish with nothing more then mulches. you cannot get it any more simpler then that and with that simple recipe anyone will have success as long as they use material from there geological area
forget the amendments all your compost has all that is needed in the macro and micro range

The tea craze and Act is just a fuking Gimic to lure people into thinking that its needed
with the microbe craze and one teaspoon of living soil haveing 100's of thousands of microbes how are we to know we need more or even better yet which ones we need

Again we will follow some nit wit like Dr Ingham or Marijuana forums coming up with these notions because we grow a fucking weed lol
Some of what you say makes sense, however, really you are just replicating what nature has done forever. Super effective, but are you pushing the envelope that way? I agree, too much woo woo juice and you are looking for trouble. However, I bet you a million dollars you take a sample of that soil and we would be able to pick it apart. I was where you were about 5 years ago. I can say IME, feeding at the right times, with the right food determined through soil testing, is far superior. IMO.

fuck that noise- i would love to see someone do a side by side between an aact tea and some tanio products. tanio may cost a little more but jesus it saves soooo much time, 1 mil per gal of this and a 1/8th teaspoon of that compared to cleaning up sludgy assed bags, trash cans, air tubing, air stones etc. time=$ for me at least.

Done the side by side, Tiano is woo woo.

You notice all the little green burn marks from foliar Tiano products yet? I wont spray that stuff if you paid me. Nasty!

plantingplants

Edit: Watered in 3g mn, 1.25g zn, 20mg mo, .25g b, 0.5g cu, 6mg co per plant. Salts not elemental.

Foothill, sounds good! You would need multiple females to keep males, fyi. 3 females for one male or 12 females to two males. They are so much cooler than chickens though.

Last edited:

maxmurder

Veteran
Done the side by side, Tiano is woo woo.

You notice all the little green burn marks from foliar Tiano products yet? I wont spray that stuff if you paid me. Nasty!

no i haven't seen burn marks do you have photo's??
i've been using tanio for a couple years now and never noticed anything negative, maybe i'm missing it.

FoothillFarming

no i haven't seen burn marks do you have photo's??
i've been using tanio for a couple years now and never noticed anything negative, maybe i'm missing it.

I forget what product, Micro5000? If you look at the powder, there is little green pieces. Those don't dissolve, and when sprayed, burns the plants. Been two years since I used it, so no pics.

plantingplants

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I was in the garden today surveying things, and I see some dirt moving. It looked like a gopher or mole running headfirst into a piece of conduit and I would have laughed if I hadn't immediately seized the opportunity to punch this thing in the face. I felt bad but I can't tell if I'm overwatering or this thing is just ripping my roots up and giving me a case of the sad plants. So I punch the fuck out of it and dig it up and it's a mole, which makes sense because I saw activity but no gopher mounds. I finished the mole off quickly to prevent any unnecessary suffering. It had to be done. Way too many tunnels in my mounds.

So now I've trapped the former resident gopher and punched the resident mole to death.
[/FONT]

I think this legend OG x snow lotus is done but it lost its smell :/

RYNcpei.jpg

Last edited:

moritzst

hey there, yeah, its war out there so no need to have scruples.
this og looks nice and ready. keep up the pics and the good work.

greez

PDX Dopesmoker

Thats a beautiful bud, plantingplants, so many big fat trichomes and looks like its just a little one on the side of the plant. Its showing some pretty colors too. Do you notice any difference in the qualities of the flowers produced one different sides of your big plants? I bet the south side buds get a ton more sun that the north side ones. Our purps look a bit more purple on the south side of the plants.

plantingplants

Plug Name, I'll split the cost with you :D

Yea I wonder if I was just smelling it in the heat of the day. I'll check early morning. I think it still has time.

PDX, the south side is much more well developed. I wish I could show you in photos but it's difficult. Here's the south side:

uGXgdcN.jpg

Here's my dry colonized soil right after watering. I scraped the top wet uncolonized layer away. Mizer before you yell at me, the mulch and wetting agent didn't work! I think it's this crazy mycelium :

lD1hJFx.jpg

Last edited:

plantingplants

Thanks for bringin the good vibes DAT.

I realized just now something I should have figured out long ago. The plants above that are the largest and healthiest are planted in larger volumes of soil and shade the soil much better since they're bigger. I accidentally gave that row more dirt since I thought the bucket was .33 yard but it was lik .45 or something. So I did an accidental experiment. They all had a bed of old soil underneath but the ones that got maybe 0.75 yard fresh soil aren't as big or happy as the ones that got ~1.3 yds. More soil, more room for error like jidoka said in foothill's thread. I need to even them out next year.

Hard to runexperiments until you're dialed in and have some uniformity. Tough with diff strains and differing soil amounts.

plantingplants

Hope everyone's enjoying fall. Around here a storm brought the first rain and fall followed it. Went from 90s to 70s in a day! ..and it will stay that way. Croptober is here! Happy Harvest!!!

I made a first cut on a Blueberry Hashplant. It didn't look totally done but the tops were rock hard and fat so I didn't want to chance mold and decided to take advantage of down time to get some trimming done. I'm wet trimming these. I found a few spots of mold so I'm glad I cut it down.

h0O7VVH.jpg

liKlPPF.jpg

If anyone could offer me any thoughts on these four plants I'd appreciate it. I was watering normally right before the rain and low temps came so they're overwatered, but the yellowing was happening before that. I top dressed a little K a week ago. I noted that all four are colonized with mushrooms growing under them. I wonder if the mushrooms consume a significant amount of nutrients...

4v1Wy51.jpg

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Hope everyone's enjoying fall. Around here a storm brought the first rain and fall followed it. Went from 90s to 70s in a day! ..and it will stay that way. Croptober is here! Happy Harvest!!!

I made a first cut on a Blueberry Hashplant. It didn't look totally done but the tops were rock hard and fat so I didn't want to chance mold and decided to take advantage of down time to get some trimming done. I'm wet trimming these. I found a few spots of mold so I'm glad I cut it down.

View Image

View Image

If anyone could offer me any thoughts on these four plants I'd appreciate it. I was watering normally right before the rain and low temps came so they're overwatered, but the yellowing was happening before that. I top dressed a little K a week ago. I noted that all four are colonized with mushrooms growing under them. I wonder if the mushrooms consume a significant amount of nutrients...

View Image

How far are you from the finish line with the yellow ones in question? It could simply be senescence :dunno: If you are going to chop them in a week or two then let them coast to the finish?

PDX Dopesmoker

If I remember what I leaned about mushrooms correctly, they come in 3 types: saprophytes, which digest the soil & should be helpful to plants (most plants can't even digest soil, they need fungus to do it for them); the good kind of mycorrhizal, which should be good for the plants & the bad kind of mycorrhizal, which kills roots. The thing about mushrooms is that they're just the reproductive organ of a much larger subterranean organism, so if you're seeming shrooms then that fungus has been in the soil the whole time almost certainly.
I agree with who dat is about coasting to the finish. I harvested a kick ass plant with all yellow fans a couple days ago. No mold, no rot, plenty dank, no problem mon. I just let it get potbound, let the soil temperature get too low & didn't feed it, but none of that seemed to negatively affect flowering too much except that the cold slowed it down.

plantingplants

who dat, I'm new to this so I don't know the difference between senescence and deficiency, and I imagine they can look similar. How do you tell the difference? At any rate, you're right, they're pretty much done anyway, but I'm watering K, micros, and gypsum tomorrow so we'll see.

PDX, thanks for the mushroom info. I've watched the mycelium spread from mound to mound the whole season. It's amazing. But check this quote out talking about fairy rings in lawns:

In cases where the mycelia of the fungus get very dense and inhibit water movement into the soil, grass in the arc may turn brown. Mycelia may also deplete soil nutrients and produce toxic levels of hydrogen cyanide.

-------------

I've been steadily chopping the super hard nugs down and doing some wet trimming and some hanging. Testing wet vs dry trimming and terp retention. The air has been perfect so the dry room is 60-70f and 45-60% humidity. Supposed to rain next week so the humidity will spike but should be ok.

Glad I've been chopping them even though they're a little early-- I'm finding the beginning of mold in almost everything I've taken down. Absolutely no caterpillar damage so far. I stopped spraying two weeks ago, so once I get these dense tops down I'll hit them with spinosad and K and micros. Biggest dream beaver has PM-- going to try a foliar of MKP. Anyone know application rate for foliar copper sulfate (the blue one) for PM?