What's new

Plant Distance from Bare Bulb?

HyDroid

Actually, in this case the sun would represent a plane source light, not a line source.

EDIT: @ Cojito: But taking into account the sweet spot overlap is going to get you close enough to a representative estimate, even using charts derived for horizontal growth.

I also like the YOR discussion on 3D canopies, which I believe to be extremely relevant to vertical growing.

EDIT: @ Ravi Singh: You must be thinking of another dude. This is the only site I frequent, but it's probably a common enough name.

D

DHF

Go Bobble.....Excellent example...I`ve finished many many many top/end colas within 6" of said bare bulbs in 3 totally different setups without heat stress/scorching or light bleaching , and I stand firm on 50 watts per sq ft , dialed relative humidity , nutrient uptake and transpiration , along with the slower constant column of air from the muffin fans below each bulb , with the exhaust/scrubber combo above removing and exchangin the cfm`s on a regular basis....all in that "circadian rythym" for optimum growth......

As has been said though , some strains are more sensitive.....I ran some gifted purplewrecks in my version of Heath`s racks , and they didn`t scorch the last few weeks , but the ends came out almost albino.......but healthy......go figure........Dialage overcomes all obstacles......Was no difference in taste or smell , just color.......

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

Latest posts

Latest posts