What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plant Based Diet

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
picture.php

Veggia farmer

We were put off diets in the Hippie days by people obsessed with food who only talked about what they ate ..

These days (in our seventies) we eat what I 've seen described as a Mediterranean Diet. Lots of veg, pasta and a little meat to flavour. Stir fries made up of what's in the garden or pantry.

Despite this my Partner had excessive Cholestorol. Turned out her love of cheese was the culprit. She stopped eating cheese and her cholesterol dropped into the normal range.

m
(I 'm jealous of Troutman's private fishery!)

You also drink some wine? Im seriously are a "believer" in a glass of wine a day. I dont have it every day, or every week for that matter, but If i have a box or a bottle I have half galss until two glasses. I think it dissolves the fats in veins, why wouldnt it? Its know that it makes your blood thinnier. Italians are some of the folks who live the longest too!

Edit: Wine also have thise lovly antioxidants. Some scientist experimented on some flies with taking away a protein in them making it impossible for them to sleep. The ones with antioxidants in their diet lived twice as long, and the cause of death by all of them was "just" lack of sleep.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts