What's new

Planning a micro grow cab

riseup

Hello everyone,
I'm planning on building a micro grow cab. This is the first time I'll be growing indoors, I grew some good lowryders outdoors this year so I'm not a total beginner :joint:

The cabinet I think of using is 1.4' wide, 1' deep and 2.5' in height.
Will this be enough to squeeze two plants in ? I'll probably use scrog.

And I can't decide on what lamp to buy. I want to buy an HPS, but I don't know what wattage would be the most efficient for this space without overheating too much, 70W or 150W ?

Trev

70 bro. get like 3 pc fans and yuour set. you can make do with 2 though. you can do 2 plants.

R

Reinhold

Hey I had some questions can you actually buy a 70w HPS grow light or do you have to just buy a security one and then convert it?

Last edited:

riseup

Hi, thank you all for your replies.
Would a 150watt be too hard to keep cool in a cab like this ? And what would be the difference in yield between the 150 and 70 watt ?

And also, can you use a 70W lamp on a 150W ballast ? If it is possible, I'll probably buy a 150W ballast and two lamps - 70 and 150W. Is that a good idea or not ? :)

And, Reinhold, you can buy a 70w HPS light. Check the 150w club thread, it has links to shops that sell 70W too.

G

hey rise up, go to growstore.com google it if you cant find it. a 150 hps would make a huge difference, if you aircooled your 150 hps. i bet it would work...

riseup

What exactly is aircooling ?
Is it like when you have a fan blowing directly in your lamp or is that some thing you buy that cools it ? :)
I don't have too much money to spend on this, I can probably afford the light and some fans, nothing fancy. At least for now.

Trev

70 WATT HPS can only be used with a 70 watt HPS ballast.. you cannot run 2 from a 150 ballast doesnt work that way. a 150 in that cab would be primo.. but you could definetly just use a 70 watt and some CFL's my cabs perty much the same size and i use a 70 in an aircooled hood looks alot like undergrounds v scrog.