What's new

PK's Build a Long 16K, come on in!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Poopy- Thanks bro, looking forward to some sour man! ECSD is such a beast, so FAST, she is very tempermental though I am used to my hardy girls. Still I love her and really is the best happy day weed I have smoked in a long time. Everytime my feet hit the sand this summer and I fire up the jetski ecsd will be my smoke of choice. Ever been to the beach mannnnn, ever been to the beach on ecsd! lol

Yesprop215- good to see you :) Thank you and get busy! lol It is a curse man I have a bit of the OCD.

redbudduckfoot-thanks, dream it man then grind it!

Well today is day 22 flower, I will get some pictures of the monsters sometime this week after lights out. I defoilated/loli popped everything yesturday, I can literally just bend over and hunch beneath the canopy to water plants. Sour bubbles are vegging along, everything is just real impressive and I am sure I will shatter all personal records prior to this, and the next and first mono crop will be even better. I added 3000 ladybugs to the setup tonight, I have to feed them moist rasins and some other small veggie/fruit types to keep them happy and on standby. I hope to establish a pretty good breeding population, I have a bunch of cool little ladybug houses enroute to be mounted around the rooms and also hanging feeders.

I can see I need to get this breeding population through a few generations to weed out whatever gene it is that makes them fly into the hot bulbs. Only the strong survive! LMAO I found a local supplier that always has ladybugs and nematodes in stock, I am going to be installing new populations every 30 days to maintain a healthy predator bug army. No bugs to be seen anywhere, but if they show up they won't be happy about there newly selected place to move into. I got 3000 ladybugs for about $15.00, can't beat that.

G

greenmatter

i tried for a while to get an indoor breeding population going! must have killed 20,000 of the things. then i read something about them using the sun to time and guide their migrations and the fact that a ladybug sees the sun (which we know it can't get too close to) when it flies into the 1000 hortilux bug light. i gave up on them figuring things out

in the summer i still bring in eggs and larvae that i can find outside and i do see fresh beetles on occasion but they don't last very long.

i hope you have better luck than me!

do you have a link to the ladybug houses?

kin_dawg

Move over Wonka, dis PK's sour factory

Move over Wonka, dis PK's sour factory

Funk- Thanks

Greenmatter- EXACTLY, so glad to be back to dirt under my nails.

Blazeone- Hell yeah man check out my House of Love thread in the strains and hybrids section. I let 4 sour bubble bx4 males pollenate, collected them seperatley. I have made seeds from two of the males, tested one, and the other is being tested now. The two remaing males will be making seeds in 4 weeks or so. I wasn't as happy with the bx4 ladies so I don't have very high hopes for any of the males. They are good, jyst not what I was looking for. Luckily I have a pack of Bog's orginal return release, which is the same batch I found my girl in. I will be whoreing all those males out on the ecsd as well. Also, as of right now reversing my SB lady and throwing her on the ecsd. Let it be known this is not sour dubble, sour dubble is ecsd x nycd, according to everything I could find. All doceumneted in the thread. I am reversing basically every female I ahve right now since I have spac ein my humbers and extras cuts, going to try and get a nice stash of each for experiemental crosses. Also have 5 different males of jedi kush (deathstar x og kush) to splash on every single mama in flower. The females were exceptional, and one lady was a 100% keeper.
Whore it up holmes:biggrin:
reversing my SB lady and throwing her on the ecsd
do want!:) if you release s1's of your propriety Sb, well there's just no tellin'! I'm on it man.
Good luck bro you deserve all you get, peace

dxco

Hey PK -Great to see that all of your hard work has resulted in such a deluxe grow-op!
Check out mi casa verde (z-wave system) -might work well for you with alarm monitoring, video, remotely monitored door locks, etc. It's a great system that you can expand a little at a time. Temp/humidity sensor for about $60. Z-wave thermostats are abywhere from $70-170 -
http://micasaverde.com/vera-3.php

PS: Have you found the time to replace your cover?

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything has been rolling along, just finishing up a 6k round of all my moms. A few rough spots but mostly due to the building process delay and well water which has been fixed. I am starting a thread in the Indoor Soil Forum for any who wish to follow my first real round in the new setup :)

Last edited:

Mad Matt

^^ Agreed, would love to see more pics mate, awesome build man..

We take charge of a large building with an enormous cellar next month, would love to be working with a person of your skills on it mate....

kln

I've just read the full 20 pages, it took me 2 fat ones and some drinks, all i gotta say.. WOOOW damnn impressive, you definatly got a lot of skills, and the way you planed it it's incredible. The equipment you are using everything top quality.

I Wish you the best of luck for all your future grows on that spot!

Wolverine97

Veteran
Great read, great build. I love the OCD-ness, I have a touch of that myself. Just finished setting up my new grow as well (smaller scale, but still nice). I'm glad you posted a link to DX, I think that's my next investment. Keep up the bad work PK, I may transplant myself onto this board, I'm getting tired of all the noob bs on my main timekiller site.

Also, nice to see so many peeps from the mitt in this here thread. I always thought IC was more "international" oriented...

orion6324

Just read the entire thread. Great job PK. I found this thread today while looking for idea on my pole barn grow room. Wow, did I find the right place. A couple questions if you don't mind PK?

1. If you could would you insulate with that Ruxal stuff peeps were telling you about? The rock insulation that is.

2. I'm thinking of running an industrial wall mounted fan and exhausting the room with it. Something like this, to cool the 8k in lights I will have, and the entire room as well.

http://www.industrialfansdirect.com/IND-FA-EF-GP/LFI-AX24-2.html

Thoughts?

3. How cold does it get in the winter where your at?

4. Do you think building the raised floor was needed? Or, do you think you could have gotten by without it?

orion6324

Just read the entire thread. Great job PK. I found this thread today while looking for idea on my pole barn grow room. Wow, did I find the right place. A couple questions if you don't mind PK?

1. If you could would you insulate with that Ruxal stuff peeps were telling you about? The rock insulation that is.

2. I'm thinking of running an industrial wall mounted fan and exhausting the room with it. Something like this, to cool the 8k in lights I will have, and the entire room as well.

http://www.industrialfansdirect.com/IND-FA-EF-GP/LFI-AX24-2.html

Thoughts?

3. How cold does it get in the winter where your at?

4. Do you think building the raised floor was needed? Or, do you think you could have gotten by without it?

I'm not PK, and I'm sure he'll chime in, but if I can take a whack..

1) I absolutely would use non-fiberglass insulation if I could.
2) Eh? If you don't need to run carbon filters, I guess that's a good idea. I wouldn't do it, even if I was in the middle of nowhere and legal for unlimited.
4) It helps with temp control a lot, but it could have been foregone for sure.

orion6324

Why not Romulus? I can use just that one fan and pull air through a carbon filter then through the lights and out. You can't get much more middle of nowhere than I am. 9000 feet in the mountains of Colorado.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am not an insulation expert myself and I don't remember the particular advice, but, get the best you can afford. A 5300cfm fan should be PLENTY for 8k. I have aircooled 4K with one 8" inline 740cfm and one 6"inline 440cfm all on the same row. If you go with that badass of a fan make sure it is on temperature control I am sure you are planning that.

It can get down to 20 below on the coldest of winter nights but probably averages 10F in the coldest month. The last two winters have been nice :) You should insulate it good and seal it up, create your own environment and forget about the local weather.