What's new

PK13...early bloom...

mister c

I am a dwc dude that wants to switch to coco. Ever since I have done some research on coco, I have been hearing about canna coco and their line.

My question is that with the pk 13, it is fed at the last half of bloom correct?

I have always used big bud and overdrive. Big bud early flower, Overdrive late flower.

So where is the bloom booster in early flower with the canna line??

GH has liquid and powder kool bloom...
Fox Farm has beastie bloomz and cha ching...
Advanced has big bud and overdrive...
and so on.

I have seen the results with the canna and they look great. So is it not worth the dough to have an additive in early/mid flower? Or is it a coco thing..... :joint:

Thanks people

Peace

Kosmo

Canna has a new product(still having problems shipping out to some states)
CannaBoost, kinda like AN's Big Bud. Use in early bloom/throughout the bloom. I got a free liter a while back, went throw that fast. So tell they get that shipping fixed iam using H&G's Bud-XL, along with the canna line and additives...

Good Luck

DirtDoctor

the big difference there Kosmo, is that CannaBoost isn't a nutrient. Canna doesn't really say what it is, but the talk of "natural flowering regulators" makes me think it's probably seaweed based.

I've seen people mentioning using low levels of pk13-14 as soon as the flowers really start to set in, and I'll be trying that on my next coco run - just be sure to use a nutrient calculator to make sure your mix is going to give your plants what they need.....

Kosmo

DirtDoctor said:
the big difference there Kosmo, is that CannaBoost isn't a nutrient. Canna doesn't really say what it is, but the talk of "natural flowering regulators" makes me think it's probably seaweed based.

its an additive and/or "flowering stimulator" as canna calls it. Canna states that their additives (pk13/14,Rhizotonic,Cannazym,CannaBoost) "meant for use alongside the main nutrient(base nute) They are not complete nutrients themselves but a way to complete your nutrients during the different stages in the growing cycle of your crop. They are used to improve plant health and yield."Click
That could be said about every additive for that matter :D

It also contains a PGR or Plant growth regulator and is not recommended during the first two weeks of flowering, plus also has enzymes in it and amino acids. It may contain Seaweed Extract in small amounts, but not to sure about that.

can also be used as a leaf spray (foliar feeding). Here

another helpful link
http://www.canna-uk.com/uk_promotion/uk_grow_with_the_boost_accelerator.html#3

DirtDoctor said:
I've seen people mentioning using low levels of pk13-14 as soon as the flowers really start to set in, and I'll be trying that on my next coco run - just be sure to use a nutrient calculator to make sure your mix is going to give your plants what they need.....

I agree, its a another great alternative. Gave that a go once in a 40%/60% peat/coco mix a few years back. :D

Canna Rules!! Extremely stable no matter what you do it seams :D

Last edited:

yoman

hi!
if you`re useing canna don`t care too much about the booster or early bloom or whatever. use the a+b nutrients plus the pk 13/14 between the 5th and 6th week for around 7 days. try first less than 15ml/10l. 15ml is the absolute maximum dosage....

mister c

Now that I think about it.....I think I may have been blowing my money on early bloom boosters....Big Bud with no results??

I will try the pk1314 late in flower and see how it goes. I can't seem to find any cannaboost around my hood.

Thanks everyone

yoman

there is a booster from canna. but its very expensive. you can find it on their biocanna homepage. i never used it, and will not. in my opinion most of these boosters are unnecessary...

G

I had trouble the first time I used the PK. I cut it in half the first time I used it and still started burning them. Caught it just as it was happening and a good flush stopped the burn. It used to be recommended that you use it during the second week of bloom and again a couple of weeks before harvest if memory serves. I used it again during that grow and this time I added my normal amount of Canna A, dropped the B, and added 1/2 the amount of PK as I did the A. Make any sense?

Example:
Recommended dosage:
equal parts A&B plus PK in bloom

What I do during bloom when I add PK:
A+PK at a 2:1 ratio in volume -- No B added while using the PK

PK is roughly triple the dosage of P&K that the B is. I've not burned them since using it like this.

Peace

20kw dreams

Someone round here said Canna now recommends using the PK at week 2 or 3 on to 5 or 6 weeks at 1/2 strength, but it's just not in print yet. This is totally unverified and should be considered rumor.

There are other people I have seen try this and have had better results, and this is what I used to do. You must lower the base nutrient so your EC ends up the same to prevent the burn. I'm using it now along with Big Bud, at 5ml/gal at the end of the 5th week through the 6th week, then rez change to Overdrive schedule.

yoman

with PK13/14 you burn your plants easily...
for avoiding this you should not use it as an extra dosage. for example: if you normally give for 100L water 200ml/A+200ml/B dont add 100ml PK13/14. Reduce A+B dosage each about 50ml and add then the 100ml PK. In result you will get nearly the same conductivity as before and your plants will not be burned. although you will get the extra bud growing effect... :rasta:

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
Just "bump" was too short -- ICMag wouldn't allow me to post a message so short. So like MacGuyver, I improvised!