What's new

Pizza Eating Competition

diggle

I am not sure, but I have heard that competitive eaters like to drink huge volumes of water before a tournament. It is heavy so drinking lots of it will stretch the lining of your stomach out, and then you'll pee it all out and be ready to go for the tourney.

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
I am not sure, but I have heard that competitive eaters like to drink huge volumes of water before a tournament.

Times have certainly changed, why, back in the day, in anticipation of such a challenge we'd diligently "train" for several days with vast quanities of keg beer and cannabis before launching into such sporadic demonstrations of world class animalistic gluttony...

Warning:
I've heard that water can be rather dangerous if one were to drink to much of it at any given time, dangerous stuff, so be careful if you go that route.. ;) :) :D

The International Federation of Competitive Eating
http://www.ifoce.com/

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I dont plan on taking it too seriously, so I definitely wont be getting water poisoning. I might drink a good amount though, sounds like a good idea. It should be a good time. Peace

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
've heard that water can be rather dangerous if one were to drink to much of it at any given time

Not dangerous, it can kill you, all that simple.

Irie !

Ha Weed is definetly a perfomance enhancing drug for this type of competition. I saw a special about pro eaters and one thing they do to train is with like every meal eat a shitload of watermelon. It is cheap, wont give you uneeded calories and stretches your stomach quite a bit. And as IM boggled says beer alway helps too =). Good luck!!

Oh man. I dont know. I really dont plan on puking. I'm just hoping the munchies give me enough stomach space to put our team to the top. What are crystals?

Old Soul

Veteran
You have to drink a lot of water for it to be toxic. The recommended daily intake is about 1/2 your body weight in ounces. So a 200 lb person needs to drink 100 ounces of water. If you work out, you need to drink even more than that. The majority of people drink too little water, so there is not much risk of overdoing it. As far as eating before the contest, I would eat small meals all day to keep you going but not get too full.

Peace

Old Soul

Snider

I will give you the best advice. Here it is.

Your stomach is a muscle, therefor if you exercise it, it will get larger.
If you eat a LOT everyday, even if you're thin, you'll need always the same amout or more to get satisfied (food is a drug too, see? :D)
When you eat less for days, your stomach shrinks and you need less to fed up.

When is the contest? If you want to win, start eating more one week earlier on every meal.
By the day, your stomach will be large enough to hold more than the previous week.
DONT drink a lot before that. Eat fruits in the hours preceeding it and drink a lil before entering. DONT drink during, cause the process will make you feel fat even if you can stand more food.

Now, to really win, there's a bad thing you can do: munch as less as possible. Your brain and body think you're fed up by the times you munch. That's why you read everywhere that you must munch the food a lot before swallowing. That's the right thing for the process, for sure. But if you munch LESS you'll eat MORE cause your brain will 'think' (hahahah) that you are not filled up. Got it?

I am thin by the way, and I eat correctly on every meal withouth thinking about how many times to munch.
If I could join you guys I would be a great eater, believe me.

water, oats, lettuce. will stretch ur stomach like no other, not necessarily appetizing

i dunno bout u but wen i'm high i might eat alot but not necessarily quickly. but g-luck.

Kharmaguy

Eating contests with time limits have a high potential for someone to choke. At organized contests- they always have paramedics on hand. I wouldn't mention it, but I have problems eating and know what if feels like to think your going to choke- pretty scary. Just thought I'd remind you of it, if it hadn't crossed your mind. Make sure someone nearby knows the heimlich maneuver, especially if you guys are really gung-ho about this contest. Has anyone seen the Hot dog eating champ- she's like 100 lbs. and beats all of these gigantic men, I don't know how she does it, pretty crazy.

Im not too gung ho and so it wont be all that intense, more of just a fun thing. I'll try hard though, it's sometime this week. I'll post my results. All very good advice, I wasnt expecting so much. There are no white castles in my area POMH :( but after harold and kumar ive really wanted to try some. Take it easy all...