pissing in hydro

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
first off:

-not for the timid. yeah I'm talking about pee

-maybe more for semi organic , non-dead res people

so, lets talk about pissing in your hydro. anyone done it, heard anything about someone doing it?

I know it's talked about sometimes in organic soil, but obviously these are different systems, and obvious differ greatly in there application of method running them,

what I think to understand.. and it's little about pee, is that the NPK is like a 10-1-1 nutrient value and obvious other stuff besides NPK. I do know bear grillis ( however spelled ) says when drinking pee in the wild to drink it fast, say's it's sterile, but then get invaded by bacteria very fast... that's all I know on pee, please share any more info you have .

looking to see if anyone can share any knowledge on this subject. obviously there are many who don't share the same aspect that urine can have any benefit, but there are some who see iit as a value, possible even integrating it into food production such as what I'm asking..

also people should know some produce that comes from Mexico use there waste to grow our tasty fruit, so when you think I'm off my rocker, just keep that in mind, that I'm sure all of us have eaten fruit using waste, and pee being I think I more light topic then.....

W

wilbur

greetings once more Habeeb ... fellow pisser!

go to www.ecosanres.org for farming with pee (and shock horror ... POO!).

but lets face it: if you pee in yr pots and yr plants wilt you can easily flush them.

cheers!

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ wow, amazing site, I will have to look into

thanks for the link.. lets get some more people with info

OK first off Ill comment on this :-D

Its not good :-D Urine is to strong for plants, youd most likely have to do
some testing to see if it would do anything..

BUT from what I can tell of dogs and even humans... repeated pissed on spots on
lawns results in dead grass lol

BUT as for ingestion of your own urine, thats is extremely healthy and detoxing for your body :-D

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Ah, Cmon! Are we stranded on a boat with no water in the middle of the ocean?

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Not a scary topic, many old hippies (and I suspect many guerrilla grows) grew a lot of pot with nothing for food but pee, but do this experiment first:

Go outside (at night or at dawn most likely) and pee on the same spot on your lawn everyday for a week or two and see what happens (HINT: it's not good)

When roofers used to install copper roofs, they would all pee in buckets during the job and when the roof was finished, they would pour the pee all over the newly installed roof and the interactions between the pee and the copper would produce a patina faster than just about anything.

Respect the power of your pee! But understand that there are probably better options for feeding your girls.

S

Señor Chang

Try this experiment the next time you see grass on the ground
Take a male and a female dog and have them pee in the same spot (respective to the dog) for a few days.
Which sex of dog leaves the acidic burns in the grass?

Then try this experiment
Pee outside in the same spot (different than the dogs) for a few days and see if you leave any acidic burns in the grass.
Sometimes you will sometimes you will not.
BUT
Collect your fresh urine and dilute somewhere between 10:1 to 20:1.
Pour each day on the same spot and see if you have any acidic burns in the grass.
Chances are that you will have healthier grass where you poured the diluted urine.

I use urine as well as moist sea salt in my fertilizer regimen.
I believe that the macro elements are just a piece of the puzzle.
I am more interested in the spaces in-between

I run blumats these days and am constantly monitoring whether my resivoir is becoming too biologically active.
Therefore I hand-water urine and molasses.

The plants are health and enjoy all the positives of a biologically active resivoir and medium.
I never ph adjust and I never clean my reservoir.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Damn!!! Ok now that secert is out!!!..But just so you know it's not me who is peeing..oh no..only nubile virgin vegans need apply here...keepin it clean

S

SeaMaiden

The arguments presented thus far are based on what I view as faulty reasoning. Yes, undiluted urine is too strong and will burn. Are you planning on running a res of undiluted urine? Likely not.

I have not run hydro ever, unless you count DTW coir as hydro. So, a couple of points I think you should keep in mind. First, I suggest combining each day's urine output in a well covered container. Dilution rates will vary, depending on the girls, the quality of urine, and growing method (DTW vs res). Dilution rates between 5:1 and 10:1 would be where I would begin,if straight hydro then 10:1 might be the better starting point. However, I also would not run a res because as the urine breaks down it IS going to smell. I have no solution for the smell issue if running a reservoir, but DTW works well. I use gloves to handle, even though it's my own product, I take to heart the handling recommendations from the papers I've used as the basis for how I use urine.

If growing with coir, in my situation I still needed to add in Ca and Mg, so be cognizant of this if that's your plan.

S

SeaMaiden

Pee is free and it comes from me. Can you say the same of bottled nutes?

Latest posts

Latest posts