What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Piss and organics

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
It sounds like you've found a 'cause' and now all that you need is a 'movement' (no pun intended).

Good luck! As in everything else related to growing cannabis, any and all silly ideas will find a following and I'm sure that your cause will be no different.

Best wishes!

LMAO

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my question is, does the ammonia in the piss harm our little microscopic buddies or am I good to go?

to answer your question....ammonia is converted by bacteria to nitrites, then different bacteria convert it to nitrates, then the plant uses it. got it?

quadracer

:jerkit:

good luck man

ha :rolleyes:. Who needs luck?

to answer your question....ammonia is converted by bacteria to nitrites, then different bacteria convert it to nitrates, then the plant uses it. got it?

Trees are also more adapt at using ammonia than non-woody plant more efficiently without relying on the breakdown into nitrates, which is yet another reason I stay away from pissing on my plants (except for that perfect tree in my yard).

Which brings us to the next question Jay, which plant do you pee on?

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
I use urine. Human urine is one of the single most complete fertilizers, and it is organic in my opinion, but the salt content means you shouldn't use it too often. The salt is the real danger to your micro herd. Use it with molasses, this chelates a lot of the materials in it, makes it not hit the soil so hard.

This is a good post! Organics 101. Use the piss diluted 10 parts water to 1 piss, with molasses would indeed be better yet. If ya don't have a lota dough ( or even if ya do ), you can pick up a bag of Espoma's Plant-Tone at Lowes, Home Depot, Wally World, etc. fer like 8 bucks. That's a 10 pound bag of a completly organic, well balanced vegging fert for 8 bucks! Ya can't beat that witha stick. Good luck! BC

maryjohn

Veteran
It sounds like you've found a 'cause' and now all that you need is a 'movement' (no pun intended).

Good luck! As in everything else related to growing cannabis, any and all silly ideas will find a following and I'm sure that your cause will be no different.

Best wishes!

LMAO

It's not my cause, but the original post made a fine point. I've grown other plants with urine before, with great results. I don't use it at the moment, because it contains lithium salts, but otherwise I would.

L

LolaGal

I got an Ed Rosenthal book around here somewhere.

Ed sez the NPK is less than 1-1-1.... Not much more than a little nitrogen in the urine. No P or K hardly at all.

Don't sound like it's worth the smell.

Does the OP need some Fish Ferts? Let's pass the hat and get him some... :D

maryjohn

Veteran
there is no smell with 10:1 diluted urine. And there is plenty in there. My compost tea is less than 1-1-1 i'm sure. those kinds of rating are not relevant in organics.

And I never use fish emulsions, because I am allergic. Not worth the hives.

greenhead

Veteran
You organics people are some strange and scary motherfuckers!
:yeahthats

I'm probably gonna stick with chems for a minute.

Feeding plants piss, lol. I don't doubt that there might be a very slight nutritional value in piss, but whatever floats your boat.

On my next grow I might go fully organic. I'm going to set up a system where I hook up my toilet directly to my flowering plants.

Everytime I take a dump, the plants will get fed a nice nutritious meal and it will save me a few dollars on nutes. I might even collect the feces and stir it up real good and let it sit around in my kitchen for at least 24-48 hours before feeding. Hell, I might even keep it in my fridge.

I might also look into foliar feeding my plants by standing on a chair and just pissing all over them a couple of times a day.

:joint::wave:

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
greenhead

Trust me - this isn't about 'organic growers' vs. anything other than general stupidity. Please don't lay this inane preposition on 'organic growers' - it's another 'Stoner Joe' question which is right up there with questions about PH in an organic grow or the 'horror' of having nitrogen in your 'bloom nutrient' - it's all based on urban legends and little, if any, science.

Try running this inane question over at Soil Food Web and see the answers other than ridicule and derision which are well deserved.

YMMV

CC

greenhead

Veteran
greenhead

Trust me - this isn't about 'organic growers' vs. anything other than general stupidity. Please don't lay this inane preposition on 'organic growers' - it's another 'Stoner Joe' question which is right up there with questions about PH in an organic grow or the 'horror' of having nitrogen in your 'bloom nutrient' - it's all based on urban legends and little, if any, science.

Try running this inane question over at Soil Food Web and see the answers other than ridicule and derision which are well deserved.

YMMV

CC

It's just that I have an image of some organics growers as being insane, fanatical, non-deoderant wearing people who piss on their plants, lol. It may not be true, but I still find the stereotype to be funny.

I apologize to all of the sensible organic growers out there who don't feed their plants human piss. I'm 50% organic myself in my grows, that's not bad!

maryjohn

Veteran
you could do a simple search and discover the long tradition of using nightsoil to fertilize crops, and maybe see beyond your north american consumer culture bubble.

diluted Urine is safe, and provides many nutrients, so much so that it has to be diluted or it burns.

your way, which is the same as mine, may be fine, but his way is also fine.

for the record, my plants tea and water, not piss.

greenhead

Veteran
your way, which is the same as mine, may be fine, but his way is also fine.

I know, I'm just mostly joking around.

I would feel slightly uncomfortable though smoking somebody's buds if they had just fed it their own piss a few days earlier, maybe that's just me though. The mental image of it would psychologically affect what I thought of their product.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Maryjohn

About 43 years ago I was living in Laguna Beach which is/was a haven for the Birkenstock/Volvo crowd - 'moving and grooving to a moon-aged child' et al.

One night I stopped at a friend's house and he and his ol' lady and several friends were all atwitter about going to a 'lecture' by George Ohsawa who is considered the 'father' of Zen Macrobiotics

And why were they all atwitter? They were paying BIG MONEY to watch this gentleman eat his macrobiotic dinner - that was it.

My comment was "So what would you have to pay to watch him take a dump?"

I've been around the twirly-whirly world of 'saving the planet' probably longer than you've been alive. I'm not impressed in the least with your pseudo-science or your conclusions about this topic.

CC

maryjohn

Veteran
Maryjohn

I've been around the twirly-whirly world of 'saving the planet' probably longer than you've been alive. I'm not impressed in the least with your pseudo-science or your conclusions about this topic.

CC

never mind my assertions, it's been done for thousands of years.

getting fertilizers in nice neat packaging is the new thing, not using humanure.

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
It's absurd to suggest we want everyone whizzing in their front yard. Urine has a very good N-P-K rating but it also has all the micro-nutes your plants need. You do NOT pee directly on plants, that will kill them. It should be stored in a bottle and allowed to age away from air and light, and then diluted before use.

This has been covered in great detail already here though:
http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21381

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
"Peer-reviewed studies" and not another link to a stoner explaining reality to another stoner and I'm all ears.

Let me know when you come up with something remotely resembling science.

Cheers!

CC

RussCargill

So why does everyone have to piss in there front yards. Around my place that would be considered very rude. Now to be caught taking a piss in your backyard. Well the person that caught you should have been paying better attention. YES I PEE OUTSIDE. OH MY GAWD

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
It may surprise some of you to know that cow piss was used ta grow food for our guys in world war 2, it was collected in ponds. The piss was used, the shit, the blood, the bones, along with molasses. They used everything that would feed the soil. That is what yer doing after all, feeding the soil, not the plant. You never have to worry about it "in" yer plants. It's broken down in chemical form by the microherd. So no nasty tastes or smells. In fact if you have gardened very much at all, yud know it will bring the out the flavor of what ever yer growing more than -any- other way! not ta mention makin the plant itself grow like a motherfucker! lol... NPK values mean very lil in organics.

Face it, there's been people growin stuff fer thousands of years this way. Even before "The Soil Food Web" folks came along! :yoinks: How did they ever manage that?!?! LOL! Take care... BC

Latest posts

Latest posts